“Horrible service avoid”

JW Marriott Hotel Cairo
Ranked #10 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
“Horrible service avoid”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We booked a room for day use for 160$ non inclusive of anything. By the pool the food never arrived on time and our drinks were never served.
When we complained the waiter did not even apologize or try to get the order. He did not believe there is an issue with this incident. I believe when one goes to the marriot there is a minimum that can be accepted.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Laboulenein
JW_Marriott_Cairo, Elite Ambassadors Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel.

First of all, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced.

Your comments are very important to us to build on and make sure that the delivered standards of service meet or exceed our guests, expectations. And for that, we are most grateful. Meanwhile, all the concerns you have mentioned will be reviewed with our Director of Food and beverage to take corrective measures accordingly.

Thank you again and looking forward to welcoming you soon to the JW Marriott Cairo.

Elite Ambassadors Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

we were warmly welcomed by Khaled at the airport who assisted us with our luggage and visas. He was extremely helpful! Upon arrival, Islam checked us in for our 3 night stay. I feel like all the staff at this property made an effort to make our stay very comfortable. The hotel itself is very beautiful and as we were here for a wedding, service in the function room was grand. Staff are knowledgeable and informative. I stayed in room 5206 which had a nice view overlooking the lake & golf coarse. The hotel is quite big and i kept on discovering new things to do there. I would definitely come back here on my next visit to Egypt

• Stayed April 2014
JW_Marriott_Cairo, Elite Ambassadors Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor . We are delighted that your stay with the JW Marriott Hotel Cairo was enjoyable.

I am really pleased to have just read your review .The team here really does appreciate your amazing comments.

I would like to thank you again for your extremely valuable feedback. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance.

Brit in Egypt
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We arrived for a weekend away to treat ourselves to a few days of golf and relaxation. What a shame to find we have one of the few rooms with no balcony, although the rooms are of good quality and very clean the beds are not nearly as comfortable as Taba Marriott where we nearly bought the mattress to ship back home. The shower is edging on the dangerous side - my partner and I had to have nearly cold showers each day as the water runs scolding hot every 30 seconds or so, the first time it did this was when I had just put my face under the shower and it was painful. When this was mentioned to reception I just got a nod from them, with no intention of sorting it out and it wasnt.
The breakfast is nice but not amazing for the money you are charged in this hotel.
The staff are friendly and helpful and I cant fault the staff at the Golf Clubhouse is the Cactus Bar, they were fantastic.
On day 2 of our visit my partner and our friend who was also staying in the hotel went off for some golf but I decided to stay behind as the Indoor - Outdoor pool I could see from my room. My partner left me at 8.30 I managed to get to that pool at 10.00!!! I could see it, but the doors were locked and no notices anywhere show another way. I asked 4 members of staff how to get to the Indoor - Outdoor Pool and each time was directed a different way to the Cabana Pool not the pool I wanted. Purely by accident I found the Health Centre whereby I could see the pool through some glass doors but still no way to get to it. Housekeeping eventually opened a fire door in the health centre to let me out to the pool. Once outside at this pool I looked up and 10 metres away from me above me was my non balcony room over looking this pool.

To top off my stay when it came to check out (make sure you have more than a debit card to check in as we usually don't carry anything else, as luck would have it I had my credit card with me, otherwise check in would have been rather embarrassing) the price we had been quoted was not the price we were charged. Upon check in we had a price quoted but on check out they said no this is the price of a single room but we were a double so it was $20 extra per night, well they knew we were 2 and staying in a double when we checked in so why were we ever quoted this.
The reception manager came out to tell us well there is nothing we could do as that was the price and promptly left. We just passed the card over and got out of there but left with a very sour taste in our mouths. Would I recommend this hotel to friends - well I would have done until check out, that lasting impression has left me very down about my well deserved weekend away that I didn't feel I got.

Room Tip: Make sure they give you a room with a balcony if you are having a weekend of relaxation so you can s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BritinEgypt10
JW_Marriott_Cairo, Elite Ambassadors Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience encountered during your stay with us. It is disheartening to read about all the inconveniences you faced and unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations.

I have read with concern that your last impression was not good, usually we get very good comments but now we are really disappointed to read about the level of service you received. It was lacking our brand standard, I can assure you that addition training are put in place to maintain service standards.

I will certainly be following up your feedback with the departments concerned in order to avoid any reoccurrences of the situations you have explained in your review.

On a positive note thank you for highlighting that you find our clubhouse cactus bar associates friendly and helpful.

I would invite you to please contact me directly via e-mail so I can personally check your concerns in more detail and to assure corrective measure are taken afterwards.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies for the frustrations you have experienced and please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss the above matter further.

Monya.khaled@marriotthotels.com
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I've been in the Hotel as a guest 4-5 times now so I've seen the good and the bad. Hotel is simply impressive with a grand entrance and lobby space and wonderful common areas. The swimming pool is one of the best I've seen inside an hotel. Hotel offers a large number of shops and restaurants able to satisfy every need.Rooms are ok but not so impressive as the lobby and the common areas, the Hotel is currently restructuring most of them, all the 4th floor is work in progress... For Golf players the hotel offers a Golf course that includes an artificial lake, very nice. Breakfast is good but not impressive. The very strong assett of this hotel is the staff, perfectly trained and very very friendly. These guys are always able to help in every situation. The hotel is outside Cairo on the big Ring road and is quite near to New Cairo, which is an important business district in Cairo, so getting to downtown Cairo is not a joke considering the cahotic traffic. In this hotel I recommend the sushi restaurant, but you have to find it since it is a little bit hidden, and also suggest you triy a freshly squeezed Mango juice, a mind blowing experience! Value for the money is anyway great.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the golf course side
1 Thank Giuseppe F
JW_Marriott_Cairo, Elite Ambassadors Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate your time you have taken to post this review which will indeed help other travelers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when visiting Cairo.

Thank you for your patronage; it is hugely gratifying to read when our associates efforts are acknowledged by our guests, I shall ensure your comments are shared with the entire team.

I eagerly hope we will have an opportunity to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel soon.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

A great place with great service. The only slightly disappointing aspect is the concierge. Their English skills are not that great and sometimes they act like are you are bothering them by asking questions. The pool and gym facilities were excellent.

Room Tip: Pick away from the main lobby area especially on weekends. The wedding receptions are very loud.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
JW_Marriott_Cairo, Elite Ambassadors Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your candid comments and compliments about our service.

Feedback such as yours is important to the success of our hotel and we are glad you have brought your concerns to our attention in order to address them to concerned departments and take corrective measures accordingly.

Should I be of any further assistance , please feel free to contact me directly via the reception desk or e-mail.

Monya.khaled@marriotthotels.com
Chertsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel is situated near Cairo airport which makes it ideal for late flight arrivals or early departures. The rooms are large, comfortable and well appointed. I use it for business visits but I would be very happy to spend a couple of days vacation there since there is a good pool and large golf course.
There is a good choice of restaurants and most tastes are catered for (Italian, Lebanese, American etc). The only complaint I would have is that a band (usually a two person group) performs rather noisily to entertain the guests in the evening so its difficult to find anywhere to have a quiet drink and conversation anywhere because of the large atrium that occupies two floor levels (lobby, meeting area, coffee shop, 24 hour dining and bar).
The rooms are ergonomically well designed: the wardrobe, the place for a suitcase, and chest of drawers are all close together and makes packing and unpacking that mush easier. The wardrobe has proper coat hangers that are not of the 'you can't steal me ball and slot' type. The desk is of good size, well lit and power outlets nearby. However, these are continental style so you need to remember your adaptor for UK plugs.
The light switches are easy to use so you don't need degrees in electronics and psychology to figure out how to switch them on and off unlike many modern hotels.
The Wifi in my room was good with a strong signal and fast speed.
Service throughout can only be described as excellent.

1 Thank Robert F
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your kind words.

Our team is delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and most importantly enjoyed our service.

I would look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel on every future occasion.

Hungerford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I can't find fault with this place. From check in to check out, the experience was priceless. The room, restaurants, pool, massage, coffee bar, welcome concierge, all of it was wonderful! Nothing left to say.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jane1storm
JW_Marriott_Cairo, Elite Ambassadors Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear valued guest,

Wow, Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Trip advisor.

We are very pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us and assure you of this service standard to expect on all your future visits with us.
In the meantime, I have shared your review with our team and they are extremely delighted.

I trust others travelers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel.