Ramses Hilton
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
2,728 results
All reviewsterrace cafeegyptian museumsherlock holmes pubnile viewthe executive loungeindian restaurantspecial thankssecond homecairo towertahrir squareduty managerfront officebreakfast buffetvisit cairohotel staffenjoyed my stayfatma
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Absolutley loved it here, the rooms were a great size and i was lucky enough to get a corner overlooking the Nile and Bridge and could've just stayed there all day and night! The staff were nice enough, the room service was fast although the food (if it wasnt traditional egyptian) wasn't too exciting but still not enough to turn me away. i will stay here again for sure, and the cairo museum is right across the road, perfect location.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Jazvrx
RamsesHilton, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2011

We are happy to notice that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the nice comments about our Team members and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Ramses Hilton soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 April 2011

I stayed for one week in the hotel after the revolution in Egypt, the location is great . The furniture is kind of old but well maintained. Internet is expensive in the hotel , near the hotel you can buy a USB modem for 100 EP , adding 100 EP of credit you can use it for a whole week. There are plenty of taxis in front of the hotel , but you can negotiate for day rent as I did , for 200 EP for 8 hours. For dinner , go to Blue Nile boat that is just across the brigde , for 185 EP you can have a pleasant night with all inclusive , in many different restaurants . I suggest the lebanese and the egyptian, both have enterteinment .

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Brazukajo
RamsesHilton, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2011

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Concerning the hotel's need for renovation, I would like to inform you that the hotel will soon go through a renovation process to satisfy all our guests' needs. I look forward to welcoming you back to Ramses Hilton.

Reviewed 9 April 2011

The Hilton Cairo is a landmark hotel, you have probably seen it on a thousand news clips. We stayed there before the revolution and I have realised that I have never written a report….so here goes.
A very busy hotel with cruise passengers arriving day and night in a city that never seems to sleep. We arrived in the early hours of the morning, check in was on the executive floor and I must say rather protracted, however we were given a lovely exec room with a Nile view, and you could see the pyramids in the distance. There was a small balcony and when the doors were open at any time of night or day the city was so noisy, unbelievable.
We stayed at the hotel for 10 nights, too long in the hotel and much too long in Cairo. The hotel is lovely but the rest of Cairo is a dirty, horrible place. My advice would be about 4 nights and move on. Make sure you visit the Pyramids, The Egyptian Museum, and the old town, take a Nile dinner cruise, that was really excellent, and you are done really.
We used the hotel pool, and had lunch there on the days that we weren’t out sightseeing which was very good. Breakfast was also excellent in both the exec restaurant and the main one on the ground floor. The best thing about staying for that long was that we were able to try all the hotel restaurants and they were all good, particularly the Indian one, so good we ate there twice. We don’t usually eat in the hotel and like to go out and try local food and places, somehow it didn’t appeal here.
The staff are very friendly, however a word of warning, if they don’t understand you they just say yes and then walk away as if they are attending to your request, it is only after you have been left a few times that you realise this is happening.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank richles
RamsesHilton, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2011

We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our breakfast, Indian restaurant and our services provided at the pool.

Besides that I would like to thank you for the nice comments you made in regards to our team members, which I will personally share with our team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Ramses Hilton soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2011

Visiting this hotel 21 March it was obvious that the political unrest that culminated in the 'revolution' of 25 Jan has taken its toll. This large hotel was only around 20% full. What a shame. It is located at a very busy road junction so outside the hotel it is noisy but from inside there is hours of entertainment to be had just watching the Cairo driving style. The service was second to none, all the staff without exception just wanted to please. Only one of the restaurants was open but the food was great with a reasonable selection. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable, yes the bathrooms could do with a little updating but they were clean. the staff were very friendly and helpful everyone just wanted to see more visitors. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank LynnGrace_11
RamsesHilton, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Ramses Hilton and for taking the time to share your comments.

We are happy to notice your satisfactin of service standard at our hotel and our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ramses Hilton and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

In the meantime, if we can be of any assistance, please do not hestate to contact us on ramses@hilton.com

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2011

I visited Egypt last year for my honeymoon. After staying for 3 days on luxurious cruise on Nile river, I reached Cairo for 2 nights stay. We were booked for staying at Ramses Hilton. Being a 5 star hotel, it had all the amenities that one could ask for. I still remember the view of Nile from my room, it was really wonderful. The view of the entire city was nice, especially in the night one gets to see the lights glowing in the River Nile. The Breakfast in the morning was just amazing and the food at the Maharaja Restaurant was really nice. Actually it’s hard to find authentic Indian food so far away from India, that’s what made that meal even special. The last thing I expected to see in the conservative city of Egypt was a fully fledged live casino. Casino and the Indian cuisine restaurant Maharaja just summed up the amazing 2 nights I spent at Ramses Hilton.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harjaswadhwa
RamsesHilton, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2011

Thank you very much for your nice comments about your recent stay at the Ramses Hilton. It is good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments about our breakfast and the Maharaja restaurant.
In the meantime we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Ramses Hilton soon.