“Very nice hotel in the heart of Cairo”
Review of Ramses Hilton

Ramses Hilton
Ranked #13 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Cairo, Egypt
“Very nice hotel in the heart of Cairo”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had a short stay there very recently , and I really did not imagine that I will love it that much, I had my stay to the executive floor 25, and the view from up there is wonderful, hotel staff are very friendly and helpful, they are ready to help you all the time.
Breakfast was good ,lots of varieties, and tasty ,room was good, not very spacious but it was just perfect for me and my family ( a wife and one child)
Swimming pool is much smaller than what I had expected for such a hotel , but it have a wonderful view to the Nile River.
I just found the Bakery not so tasty but it was ok. , for me as a tall person the King size bed was a kind of short for me :)
I would advise any one to upgrade to a Nile View room, unfortunately I did not , but if I will go again I definitely will. I had a City view room , view was nice , but the Nile view is much better.

Room Tip: Rooms with a Nile View are very advisable.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Ramses H, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Greetings from Ramses Hilton,

Thank you for posting your comment on Tripadvisor and taking the time to let us know of your enjoyable experience at the Ramses Hilton and the way our Team has made your stay an enjoyable one.

Your favorable comment means a lot to the team and your appreciation to their efforts will be conveyed to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and extend to you our ‘Traditional Hilton Hospitality’.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I chose the Ramses Hilton for its proximity to the Cairo Museum and easy access to Zamalek's restaurants. My stay coincided with the political unrest that was occurring between pro and anti Morsi factions. I travelled throughout Cairo and Giza and experienced the warmth and friendliness of the Egyptian population. I had some challenges with the pedlars and camel drivers on the Giza plateau, however this was to be expected and did not substantially detract from the whole experience.
Where ever I went, other tourists were a rare sight. This was good news for me as I hate crowds and I never had to wait for anything anywhere.
The staff at the Ramses were superb and I was treated extremely well, and I felt a genuine warmth from each interaction with the individuals I met. Fatma on the executive floor obtained a sewing kiti for a button I had lost and even threaded the needle for me.
The Museum of antiquities is a short walk from the hotel. Crossing Cairo streets is not for the faint of heart and I quickly learned to work with the drivers and thread my way across multiple lanes of traffic.
I was way too busy to use the spa, however the pool was nice. The one downside is that Cairo pools close at Sunset. I was informed "this is Egypt" when I inquired why.
A minor annoyance is the the honking of horns from the street as most pools are only a few floors above street level. Overall a very pleasant experience during some troubling times in Egypt's tourism industry.
Consider this : if you dislike lineups, crowds and hotel staff too busy to help you at checkin, this is a great time to visit Egypt.

Lastly the decor is a little dated, however I enjoy variety and a little sense of history, so not a concern for me.

Room Tip: Come to Cairo during the current over reported problems, vacancy rates are low. The media has over...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Greetings from Ramses Hilton,

We are very pleased to know how satisfied you were during your stay with us.

Thank you for the nice comment on the team performance specially Fatma at the Executive Floors. We will convey your comment to her.

However, we would like to apologize for the outside noise which is out of our hands.

Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My stay there was good. Except for some little things. For example, the shower was not working. Also i didn't find anybody there when i wanted to have breakfast at 6:30 in floor "R" as may be they had assumed that nobody will come although i was told by the man in the reception that the breakfast starts from 6 to 11.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Greetings from the Ramses Hilton and thank you very much for your comments in regards to your stay with us .

We do apologize for any dissatisfaction you must have felt and have taken your comments very seriously to meet your expectation next time. We would be grateful if you sent us more details about your room number and date of stay on: ramses @hilton.com, to further investigate with the concerned departments.

We hope that what happened will not prevent you from staying with us again and look forward to welcoming you back to Ramses Hilton.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is probably one of the oldest properties in Cairo. The location is perfect as it's very close to the Egyptian museum. The service is brilliant and the breakfast spread was just superb. The shopping mall next door is great for buying souvenirs. They have a few shops in the hotel too. These are expensive but the things you will find in these shops are not easily available elsewhere, especially the papyrus paintings.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Ramses H, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your enjoyable experience at the Ramses Hilton and the way our Team have made your stay an enjoyable one.

The entire Ramses Hilton Team joins me in expressing our appreciation to you for your favorable comments. We have personally conveyed your kind words of appreciation to the entire Ramses Hilton Team.

We sincerely look forward to hosting you soon again and extend to you our ‘Traditional Hilton Hospitality’.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our tour group stayed at the Ramses Hilton in Cairo. The staff was welcoming and the rooms were very comfortable. At night we enjoyed the English Pub for American burgers and fries. The breakfast buffet was OUTSTANDING. Food stations from around the world were available. It was fun to be able to choose from so many delicious varieties of food.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter if you are in a room facing the Nile. The riverboat clubs below have loud m...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Tripadvisor. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us ,our English Pub (Sherlock Holmes) and our Hilton Breakfast.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I always find Ramses Hilton to be most hospitable and relaxing place. Right in the middle of Cairo, you can go any where with the shortest distance. I also schedule meeting in the executive lounge where the view from the 26th floor is most impressive.
I have to mention that their staff is most efficient and proficient.
You can always get what you want in terms of food in their restaurants.
In a nutshell Hilton Ramses for me is home away from home.

Room Tip: View of the Nile is a must
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Dr. Ali,

Greetings from Ramses Hilton

We are glad to know that you consider Ramses Hilton ( A home away from home) and the entire Ramses Hilton Team joins me in expressing our appreciation to your favorable comments.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again to Ramses Hilton.

Luxor, Egypt
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at the Ramses Hilton last week (27 August 20130

Although the Hotel was very quiet due to the troubles in Cairo, the staff at the Hotel made me very welcome and gave the greatest service to ensure that I enjoyed my stay.

Outside the Hotel all was calm and I walked through Tahrir Sqaure to the Indian Consulate. No problems whatsoever!

The room was excellent as was room service and the restauarant. I will be returning very soon.

Room Tip: If you can try and get a room on the Executive Floor with a view accross the Nile
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Ramses H, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this review, 3 September 2013