“Mohamed Helal, Sooooooooooooooooo Nice Hotel”
Review of Ramses Hilton

Ramses Hilton
Ranked #14 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I had my stay to the executive floor 25th, and the Nile view from up there is wonderful, hotel staff are very friendly and helpful, my kids enjoy this stay as well. Breakfast was good, kids did enjoy swimming pool.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Ramses H, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Mr. Mohamed Helal ,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the nice comments on the hotel location, the team performance, the breakfast and the swimming pool.

We value our guest comments and their appreciation of the team effort means a lot to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to the hotel or any of our Hilton Hotels Worldwide.

There are newer reviews for Ramses Hilton

It was so nice and i enjoyed the pool & the gym
People working there are so friendly too
I enjoyed every meal in addition to the excellent services

• Stayed: September 2013
Ramses H, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Ramses Hilton,

The entire Ramses Hilton Team joins me in expressing our appreciation to you for your favorable comments. We have personally conveyed your kind words of appreciation to the entire Ramses Hilton Team.

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We sincerely look forward to hosting you soon again and extend to you our ‘Traditional Hilton Hospitality’.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had a short stay there very recently , and I really did not imagine that I will love it that much, I had my stay to the executive floor 25, and the view from up there is wonderful, hotel staff are very friendly and helpful, they are ready to help you all the time.
Breakfast was good ,lots of varieties, and tasty ,room was good, not very spacious but it was just perfect for me and my family ( a wife and one child)
Swimming pool is much smaller than what I had expected for such a hotel , but it have a wonderful view to the Nile River.
I just found the Bakery not so tasty but it was ok. , for me as a tall person the King size bed was a kind of short for me :)
I would advise any one to upgrade to a Nile View room, unfortunately I did not , but if I will go again I definitely will. I had a City view room , view was nice , but the Nile view is much better.

Room Tip: Rooms with a Nile View are very advisable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Ramses H, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Greetings from Ramses Hilton,

Thank you for posting your comment on Tripadvisor and taking the time to let us know of your enjoyable experience at the Ramses Hilton and the way our Team has made your stay an enjoyable one.

Your favorable comment means a lot to the team and your appreciation to their efforts will be conveyed to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and extend to you our ‘Traditional Hilton Hospitality’.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I chose the Ramses Hilton for its proximity to the Cairo Museum and easy access to Zamalek's restaurants. My stay coincided with the political unrest that was occurring between pro and anti Morsi factions. I travelled throughout Cairo and Giza and experienced the warmth and friendliness of the Egyptian population. I had some challenges with the pedlars and camel drivers on the Giza plateau, however this was to be expected and did not substantially detract from the whole experience.
Where ever I went, other tourists were a rare sight. This was good news for me as I hate crowds and I never had to wait for anything anywhere.
The staff at the Ramses were superb and I was treated extremely well, and I felt a genuine warmth from each interaction with the individuals I met. Fatma on the executive floor obtained a sewing kiti for a button I had lost and even threaded the needle for me.
The Museum of antiquities is a short walk from the hotel. Crossing Cairo streets is not for the faint of heart and I quickly learned to work with the drivers and thread my way across multiple lanes of traffic.
I was way too busy to use the spa, however the pool was nice. The one downside is that Cairo pools close at Sunset. I was informed "this is Egypt" when I inquired why.
A minor annoyance is the the honking of horns from the street as most pools are only a few floors above street level. Overall a very pleasant experience during some troubling times in Egypt's tourism industry.
Consider this : if you dislike lineups, crowds and hotel staff too busy to help you at checkin, this is a great time to visit Egypt.

Lastly the decor is a little dated, however I enjoy variety and a little sense of history, so not a concern for me.

Room Tip: Come to Cairo during the current over reported problems, vacancy rates are low. The media has over...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Greetings from Ramses Hilton,

We are very pleased to know how satisfied you were during your stay with us.

Thank you for the nice comment on the team performance specially Fatma at the Executive Floors. We will convey your comment to her.

However, we would like to apologize for the outside noise which is out of our hands.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My stay there was good. Except for some little things. For example, the shower was not working. Also i didn't find anybody there when i wanted to have breakfast at 6:30 in floor "R" as may be they had assumed that nobody will come although i was told by the man in the reception that the breakfast starts from 6 to 11.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Greetings from the Ramses Hilton and thank you very much for your comments in regards to your stay with us .

We do apologize for any dissatisfaction you must have felt and have taken your comments very seriously to meet your expectation next time. We would be grateful if you sent us more details about your room number and date of stay on: ramses @hilton.com, to further investigate with the concerned departments.

We hope that what happened will not prevent you from staying with us again and look forward to welcoming you back to Ramses Hilton.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is probably one of the oldest properties in Cairo. The location is perfect as it's very close to the Egyptian museum. The service is brilliant and the breakfast spread was just superb. The shopping mall next door is great for buying souvenirs. They have a few shops in the hotel too. These are expensive but the things you will find in these shops are not easily available elsewhere, especially the papyrus paintings.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Ramses H, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your enjoyable experience at the Ramses Hilton and the way our Team have made your stay an enjoyable one.

Yours truly,

The Managment

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our tour group stayed at the Ramses Hilton in Cairo. The staff was welcoming and the rooms were very comfortable. At night we enjoyed the English Pub for American burgers and fries. The breakfast buffet was OUTSTANDING. Food stations from around the world were available. It was fun to be able to choose from so many delicious varieties of food.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter if you are in a room facing the Nile. The riverboat clubs below have loud m...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Tripadvisor. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us ,our English Pub (Sherlock Holmes) and our Hilton Breakfast.

Yours truly,