“This hotel is my home in Egypt.”

Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip
Ranked #25 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Khartoum
“This hotel is my home in Egypt.”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I always stay at this hotel when i visit Cairo for its friendly staff, they let you feel as if you did not leave your home, starting from the entrance staff, doormen, front office staff ( realy amazing ) , room service, IT people, laundery, and room cleaning and make up staff, even the hotel taxi, the drivers are very honest and helpfull. Rooms need to be updated and there must be rooms for special needs people in order to keep the 5* category. At the end all staff are very helpfull and cheerfull. I recommend this hotel to business and family guests.

Room Tip: i advice guests not to choose the 1st floor rooms because they are very noisy especialy if there is...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel 2 times in 2012.The hotel is close to the airport this might be advantegeous for some business people.There is also a free shuttle from the hotel to the airport hourly.The rooms are big enough,clean and also free wireless available in the rooms.The speed of wireless connection is also satisfactory.Almost all employees can clearly speak English.There are nice cafes in the citadel of the hotel area where the evening times they are totaly occupied.The breakfast is also nice but can be better.Anyway i like this hotel and do not want to stay somewhere else when i go to Cairo.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank babaroski
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I choose the place out of the box since I have been visiting Cairo so many times and stay at several hotels in the area. This time I’d like for a change and just before I on board I make the booking, confirmed and go.
It’s located in Heliopolis; the driver who picks me up in the airport is very nice and friendly. Check-in also is very easy and simple, the one who served me was a trainee nice but quite nervous which is I understood
The lobby look “ancient” it was wedding parties (two to be exact) so I saw some kids running around and shouting but well that is just what the kids do so I have no problem with that. A very long chandelier attached from the ceiling all the way down and wrapped around with a spiral stairs.
I go to the room and the size is fine, not too big and the room comes with a very narrow terrace which I hardly use it, and I am not sure if other does too but the good things is cover with two layers of thick glasses door so it’s come in handy when there is function at the back of the hotel. The next night was Middle East Music Awards, so I managed to sleep without so many disturbances.
The amenities is quite limit, no free mineral water except from the mini bar, satellite TV programs provided is enough come with international news, English movies etc. electric kettle is also available, with two cups and standard choices of coffee and tea sachet’s. Make sure you check your cup before use, seem the cleaner not very keen to clean and I have to wash with hot water every time I want to use the cup. Oh BTW, buy your mineral water to make a hot water, do not use the heavily chlorines water from the tap.
The bathroom is outdated, good pressure of water, enough bath amenities and quite small bathtub (the smaller I have ever seen)
Did I try the food? Yes, I order sandwiches (typical room service) and was just OK since it’s a sandwich after all but their fish and chips is recommended for a quick bite. Last night of my staying, I feels like some Asian food and decide it to visit the restaurant but the menu more Indian than Chinese (as written in their menu) with very poor selection (it’s like a fast food Asian in Germany). I order friend noodle with seafood and wonton. The Wonton is bit chewy and feeling “old”, the noodle is rather not pleased to look at, frozen shrimps and the “old” squid made my stomach uncomforting. I have to say by far it’s the worst fried noodle and dumpling I ever eat. I am not sure why they even bothered to offer at the first place, I understood that not many Egyptian fancied Asian food with spices. It was just so bad and I joke to my colleagues, Chinese Food and Egyptian is not belong together
Overall I am OK with the hotel, with the service and their internet is rather slow but was acceptable. Do I recommend this to the others? Yes with some condition, if you like to be hanging around in the hotel area, you will find different restaurant and café and many local seem flocking at the café next to the hotel. Cinema with three halls also available with the latest Hollywood movies, if you like next to the hotel is also horse riding place. Is more into family oriented and the price is not too bad either. But if you like more to explore the city and other area well go somewhere else.
If this complaint is matter I would like to address the issue of the taxi driver that called by the customer service. I understood that the taxi is not operated by the hotel, but is their taxi pool so I expect they should aware of this. I have been asking the driver to take me to Al Azhar Park and instead he drops me off at the Kahili, I kept on asking if this is Al Azhar Park? He repeated his answer just go inside is five minutes. Luckily I have a telephone with Google maps so I check the place that I am looking for is 2 kilometers away. I have no problem with walking, but to be drop somewhere else and have to walk again under the heat of Cairo is not going to be pleasant

Room Tip: Pool view obviously
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Wijaya_Randu
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Simply a great hotel, great interesting guests and the staff are not slimey and over bearing. I am now in the Triumph and are praying that the company send me back to Concorde asap. Great pool, Great cocktails, the Vodka Martinis are amazing from Samir and Mohammed, the bell hub was very funny and the Italian restaurant blew my mind. Cant say how great this place was. Remarkable. In the evening you expect Jack Nickelson to swan in and join you for a sun downer. had a massage from a thai therapist, i went straight to sleep afterwards, bargain at 350EGPs.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view. but it does not matter you will be at the lounge any way.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Confused and confusing information given by the customer service desk, main reception and the door/bell hop staff supervisor meant that we were left unsure how to book the return free airport shuttle and get taxis into Cairo. The hotel is near the airport, but took 1hour 40 minutes to get into the centre of Cairo, because of the traffic. Taxis working from the hotel reception claim they work for the hotel, but when we were ripped off and complained to the hotel, the duty manager claimed they only secure their services and are not 'employed' by the hotel. Left us with no recourse for our complaint and no resolution. We also had a three day long back and forth row over the mini bar charges for items we had not used. Service from the room cleaner was good, and the italian restaurant food was excellent. The cafe outside of the hotel in the car park was great, eating whilst watching the horses from the nearby stables being exercised was lovely. We had a pool view room which is great, but there a couple of functions booked, including a very large wedding, which meant loud music and flashing lights until quite late at night. Poor location, poor customer service, appalling customer service and expensive. Cannot recommend on their cafe and cleaners alone.

• Stayed April 2012
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel was amazing. In the heart of the best area in Cairo secluded from the main streets yet in the heart of everything. The staff were very friendly and helpfull, we didn't have problems the facilities were 5* the hotel restaurants were also top class. Would always stay here when I visit Cairo again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed for two nights 23-25th March - Was not disapointed. We had a superior room overlooking the pool. It was quite spacious, very clean and with the double patio doors, completely soundproof. It had all the usual in the room - hairdryer, toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities, We had lunch on the terrace by the pool area and all enjoyed the food (steak bagette, chips, lasagna).All the staff were helpful and friendly and polite at all times. My only complaint would be that we were looking forward to trying the casino only to be told it was closed. We did not get an explanation for this either, so dont know if it was closed temp or permanently. We got a taxi from the hotel to the pyramids and back which the hotel arranged for us and we agreed the price we were quoted in advance which was 106 egyption pounds. About £10. Fabulous when you consider the pyramids were a good 40 min drive away, the taxi waited for over an hour whilst we were there and brought us back. Needless to say we gave him a really good tip. Best to keep your eyes closed and your seat belt on while driving round Cairo - it was a real white nuckle experience. Would definately go back to this hotel - If I ever went back to Cairo which, will probably not happen due to the awful experience I had at the airport on the way home. The security refused to believe that my passport photo was me. He called over another official who agreed with him and then led me off to a third one. Luckily, I was travelling back with friends who were in their British Airways uniforms and they came to my rescue insisting that the picture was clearly me. The third guard eventually gave in when he realised I had the support of B.A. staff. I dread to think what would of happened had they not been on hand. The staff at the airport were also overheard asking people if they had any money - they were clearly after frightening people into giving them bribes - Its a real shame this is how tourists are treated - Egypt, its hotels and its rich culture and history has a lot to offer, but unfortunately, the very people who are there to protect you are the ones spoiling the travellers experiences.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends