“An exquisite relief” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Pasadena, California
“An exquisite relief”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2008

After landing from Luxor relaxed and returning back to Cairo there was a sense of intrepidness I had since I originally started my trip in Cairo and I was overnighting one more night before departing Egypt. I had a terrible experience staying at the Longchamps hotel which is surprisingly ranked number one in TA.. When the taxi arrived at Concorde el Salam I was greeted by a bellhop who tagged and whisked my bags away while being led to the checkin desk. The staff were excellent and attentive. My reservation was delightfully upgraded to a suite without any additional charge! After seeing the room I immediately went down in disbelief to checkin to make sure I wasn't being fooled but indeed I wasn't. The room was excellent. The bed was beautifully laid out with crisp linen and many pillows. A seperate foyer room had a very large couch and large screen television. There was a seperate cubby hole section where there was a minibar. The hotel is beautiful. We ate in the garden cafe where there was a buffet. Excellent choice of food. The pool grounds are nice which we had a view of while eating. Many people lazily smoked sheesha or having a drink on the deck. The cafe staff were highly attentive and the manager friendly. The only disparaging remark I can make about the hotel is that it does not have much in the way of gardens or extensive spread. It's tucked in a corner of Heliopolis and far from Cairo center. This is a great choice if needing to stay near the airport with free airport shuttle. Otherwise the hotel interior is gorgeous with several restaurants to choose from as well as bank and gift shops on premises. There was a wedding in the evening with singing and dancing but I was glad to see such an event happening. I can sleep through anything! Luxor and the Concorde salvaged my impression of Egypt. The Longchamps which I remain bitter with is really suprisingly overrated.

• Liked — The rooms, the classical architecture, the cafe, the staff
  • Disliked — Location is in a tucked away area
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank boxjelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2008

I stayed at the Concorde El Salam at the end of February this year and was hopeful it would be good as all the reviews and pictures I'd seen were very positive. Thankfully the hotel turned out to be even better then expected. The room was really great with a queensize bed and also very clean. All the service staff we came across were extremely helpful.

We did a lot of tours during our 6 day stay and it was just great to come and unwind at the concorde in the late evening. The hotel restaurants are really top quality, even the Indian/ chinese restaurant which I was slightly dubious about cooked us some really good dishes ( being from the indian sub continent, I'm not usually that easily persuaded).

The location of the hotel is on the outskirts of Cairo and that was precisely why I booked it. As my second visit to Egypt I wanted to be a little away from the crazy streets of Cairo and the noise and pollution and the Concorde was just perfect for that. It's not such a great location if you want to walk around outside the hotel as there is not much to walk around to. But as a little retreat away from the hustle and bustle of central Cairo it is just perfect.

• Liked — The room and breakfast wasn't too bad either
  • Disliked — Not much to see outside hotel.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank enjoy-travels
Hoboken, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2008

This was the first hotel in Cairo I had stayed. It was a one night stay as a part of a group trip planned with Gate 1 travel. Outdoor pool and dining was nice, there was a wedding going on the evening we were there. The only thing we did not like, is the area directly outside the hotel was very seedy. Of course we were American tourists, so we were not familiar with the area, but we did not feel comfortable venturing too far down the streets. They have a small set of shops directly on the hotel grounds for this reason.

• Liked — Elegence, Cleanliness, Pool
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed May 2008
1 Thank finstre
Brasilia, Df
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2008

Stayed only one night on the way out of Egypt. Asked for airport pickup and they confirmed this but there was no one there when we arrived, which resulted in an appalling taxi journey to the hotel.
It's very convenient for the airport - only 5-10 minutes by their 24-hour shuttle service, as long as there isn't a big game on at the nearby stadium (there was when we arrived).
Our room was quite nice, but as so often in Egypt the double bed we booked was two singles pushed together (in this case, done in front of us). The room overlooked the central courtyard but there were no parties so we would have slept well ... if it hadn't been for the mosquitoes in the room. The one and only time in Egypt - and we hadn't opened the windows.
But it's probably as good a place for an overnight, in-transit stay as you'll get in Cairo.
As others have said, staff were very helpful.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Mosquitoes
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JeffStranks
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2008

We had a great experience at this hotel. We had a garden room which I understand is larger than the rooms in the other part of the hotel. The rooms are nicely appointed-similar to a Hilton, but the rooms aren't the best part of this hotel - it's the service. Every person was so welcoming and helpful. The Food and Beverage Manager here gets 5 stars. I usually hate hotel food, but this was an exception. Even the buffet breakfast was way above average. The Silk Road restaruant had some of the best Indian food I've found outside of the UK - OK I've never been to India. We particularly liked the concept because it is a India/Chinese restaurant and my boyfried hates Indian food. The only negative is the location - near the airport and quite a ride from downtown Cairo in the traffic.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank msqare
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2008

Arrived aftrer travelling for 45 hours from Australia via London and our luggage didn't. That was our only problem as the hotel looked after us extremely well. The breakfast was very surprising as usually is these types of hotels in that particular area of the world they are forgettable-not this one. I would imagine that when they have functions in the central courtyard it would be very very noisy in the rooms facing that area and i wouldn't want to be trying to sleep then' luckily we left New years Eve prior to their next big bash. Use Dimitrius as a driver for a safe and knowledgable guide. If we return to Egypt we would stay again but with assurance we have rooms on the road which you can't really hear at all. Overall EVERY staff member we came into contact with was very good.

• Liked — overall comfort feeling
  • Disliked — nothing in particular
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family