Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip
Ranked #26 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The hotel is great for a transit as its located a few minutes away from the airport. The rooms were clean and tidy and the rooms near the swimming pool offers an excellent view. The Buffet breakfast is excellent.
The drawbacks were...
- There is no privacy around the pool area, it's very open and people in the restaurants can see people in the swimming pool.
- If you are going to wear an Islamic swimming custom, you are in the wrong place because you are not allowed there, you can't cover your arms or legs. Islamic swimming custom is accepted all over the world, Europe, America but not in Egypt.... Very funny.
- In the pool area the staff generally nice except the pool manager, a woman called Shimaa, she were very rude and showed a bad attitude and manner towards me, I complained about her and the front desk manager apologise to me but I got no apology from her and she was still rude to me for the second time.

Unfortunately, that spoiled my stay in the hotel and left a very bad taste about the place, which made me decide that I will not stay again in this hotel.

I think they need to get rid of all bad manner staff.

• Stayed: November 2013
Sakina A, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable review.
We are happy you liked the Hotel location, the room cleanliness & view of Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo.

I am sorry to learn about the shortfalls accrued during your stay especially with one of the hotel's staff approach, but please rest assured that your comment had been taken seriously in consideration by the hotel’s Management.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed there just a few days for business but our stay has been very delightful.
Everything was great!!!! Very comfortable and very clean, rooms are nice - all the stuff is excellent and very helpful!!!! Food is very good what to say Super :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Sakina A, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you’ve enjoyed your stay at
Concorde EL Salam Hotel Cairo, and that our rooms, staff and food were up to your expectations.

It is very rewarding and motivating to know that we have consistently managed to meet your satisfaction.

On behalf of the whole team at Concorde EL Salam Hotel Cairo, I look forward to welcoming you the next time you are in Egypt.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

not my first time in Concorde El Salam, since I stayed here first time I always go there every visit to Cairo
very nice hotel next to the airport what makes business trips very comfortable, very clean and comfortable, rooms are nice quit
stuff are excellent and very helpful
food is very good
what to say
Super :)

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floors rooms are very quit and nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued guest,

Warm Greetings from Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for taking the time to post your feedback about the Concorde El Salam hotel facilities and team.

It is of great delight for me to know that the hospitality of our staff has met your satisfaction, such comment makes us proud of our property and its quality of service.

We are most looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to your second home Concorde EL Salam Hotel Cairo in the near future.

Be Sincerely

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I already have a home in Cairo but my real home is Concorde El Salam , I always accommodate in it when I visit Egypt . The staff starting from the street entrance men (security men), door men , front office staff , bellman , customer service , guest relations , room service , housekeeping and cleaning staff all are very much friendly and helpful , I also forgot the taxi driver Hisham who acts as a private car driver . I did not forget the laundry but this time service was not ok as a red jacket belongs to one of my daughter was delivered in the same situation ( coke split into it ) as It was send . Also the pool guard I think his name is Haytham is not friendly at all . The rooms especially the pool view are very nice but need some renovations especially the mini bar they all need to be replaced . Also some rooms need to be fixed with Internet routers but anyway internet service is ok . I forgot the maintenance service it was really perfect , they show up in no time sine I place any claim . Many thanks to all these nice people which I really miss when I check out from this nice hotel . At the end I much recommend this hotel for any guest visiting Cairo who need a safe and good quality service .

Room Tip: Rooms at 2nd floor are better and quiter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
SakinaSa, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you were pleased with the level of service offered by the majority of the hotel’s staff performance.

Our goal is to anticipate and exceed our guests' expectations, and it is through your positive and constructive feedback that we are able to constantly strive to improve our products and facilities.
I am sorry to learn about the shortfalls accrued during your stay, especially from the laundry service, and also sorry about the attitude of one of the Health Club staff, but please rest assured that your comment had been taken seriously in consideration by the hotel’s Management.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here from 10th Sept and loved this hotel. We booked into executive rooms with our three kids and rooms were great. We ate at the executive club where we were treated to exceptional service from Nora. This was included in our room rate.

Pool area is also great. We booked in through executive club on 2nd floor and found them very friendly. Only disappointment was not getting newspaper every morning as promised. We decided to stay here as it is way off main road and close to airport so we would have easy access in case of any problems with demonstrations. We then booked day trip to pyramids and took free shuttle to Cairo museum and taxi back. Very enjoyable and easy as pie!!

Room Tip: Get an executive room and take advantage of meals and drinks from executive club.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
SakinaSa, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Greetings from the Sunny Cairo.

We are delighted to know that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our staff especially Ms. Noura.

It is very rewarding and motivating to know that we have consistently managed to meet your expectation.

On behalf of the whole team at the Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo, I look forward to welcoming you the next time you are in Egypt.

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

The frontdesk staff was very arrogant and treated us as we were not really welcome, the security staff was very arrogant as well. The staff in the restaurant was terrible. We travel a lot and never we're we treated worse!!!!! I would never go back to this hotel ever....

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Metteemma

Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry to learn about the shortfalls accrued during your stay, but please rest assured that your comment had been taken seriously in consideration by the hotel’s Management.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

It was already three years back I was at this marvelous hotel.
The hotel is still a wonderful and warm place to be.
Also the staff is very friendly and some of them recognized me after three years.
Also in the evenings always something happens, most of the time Egyptian weddings. Nice to watch and experience.
This hotel is an Mediterranean oasis in the huzzle and buzzle of Cairo.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Sakina A, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Warm Greetings from Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo.

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking time to share your experience with the readers of Tripadvisor

We are delighted to know that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our staff.

Our very best regards from Cairo from the entire hotel team and we do look forward welcoming you with us again in the near future.