“Concorde Hotel El Salem Cairo Heliopolis”

Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip
Ranked #27 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Concorde Hotel El Salem Cairo Heliopolis”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hello I stay in the Concorde Hotel every 3 weeks for 1 day.

The Food is OK,, SADLY the Silk road Indian hotel is now closed. It had good food.

The Pool Ok Small but clean. Sunbeds outside quite nice - Beer service was ok.

They have a steam room inside.

FOOD outside

The Waiter gave me a Free starter TEBULAH it is a lebanese Salad really tasty. (The waiter told me the Chef was Lebanese. I had it a second time in the silk road But it was just not the same, Nice but did not have the WOW factor.

Try the Sushi bar -- you can eat the Sushi even in the Italian Restaurant or even outside.
the Clear soup 3rd one down on menu is Nice, The Resuarant manager made it for me.

Overall the hotels ok.

Breakfast is Fine. Nice fruit.

Cheers.

Room Tip: Wifi is good SHOPPING CITY STARS SHOPPING MALL is about 15mins by taxi 25mins during rus...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GrahamSouthport
GRCairo, Front Office Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of CONCORDE ELSALAM HOTEL CAIRO, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write the above kind words.

Your comments regarding the food were shared with our Director of food & Beverages and with the concerned team members.

Please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Amir Hamdi
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I chose this hotel at a late stage because I was making a fleeting visit to meet with a friend in Cairo and wanted something close to the airport to save travelling into the city centre.
There were mixed reviews on Tripadvisor so I was a little unsure, but the location is what helped the choice.

We were staying 2 days and 4 hours, because of flight times, which of course meant that we needed rooms for three nights, hopefully BA will change the flight times to help with this is the future!

In any case we decided to go with the Excutive package which promised free soft drinks all day and 2 hours of alcohol in the evenings, along with a couple of other small extras.

On arrival at the airport the hotel staff greeted me, assisted me through visa and immigration, waited while I collected my baggage and took me out of the airport, where I met my friend and we were taken to the hotel shuttle bus. The bus was only here for us, it was 2am.

On arriving at the hotel it was understandably quiet, and after a fairly lengthy wait while someone in front of us had a disagreement about some item on their bill, we were checked in fairly pleasantly. The public areas of the hotel are bright and clean, although some of the furniture in the reception area could do with being replaced. We were given rooms on the Executive floor although nowhere near each other, which was a little disappointing. Also as two single occupants of the rooms, I’m not sure why we were both given the twin smaller bed configuration instead of the king size bed room. My friend was allocated a no smoking room, although he smokes and nobody asked us about it. I would have preferred the no smoking room if anyone had asked me. However I was too tired at this point to ask for a different room, so stayed where we were. The rooms were a good size, with a decent bathroom and the usual mini bar and tea and coffee facilities. The TV showed a range of Arabic channels and one or two English speaking ones.

Breakfast in the main dining room is from 4.30, and is very extensive, providing pretty much everything you could ask for in a pleasant sunny room down overlooking the terrace area. The Executive rooms provide fruit and some sweets every couple of days. Mine were there the first day, my friend’s were not, but arrived quickly when we asked for them on the second day.
The pool is small, but adequate for a city hotel, the gardens were enclosed by the horseshoe shaped hotel and the villas on the outer side. No idea why you have to sign to agree to the pool rules every time you visit it, as opposed to once per stay, and I have to say, one or two of the rules were very bizarre, such as nannies are not allowed in the pool with children? Anyway, pool bar had pleasant staff who were quick enough to check if you wanted anything.

We didn’t realise that the free soft drinks all day only applied to the dining room on the executive floor, which doesn’t help much if you were by the pool, and not at all explained when making the choice to go with the executive rooms. We went for afternoon tea in the Executive dining room, which is small and intimate and was very quiet, the tea was pleasant small sandwiches and sweet cakes.

Making enquiries about the restaurants around the hotel I understood that although the menu was available, the restaurants were closed and all food was supplied by the central kitchen and served anywhere in the hotel. I was a little disappointed at this, because I was hoping that my friend would have the first taste of decent Indian food from The Silk Road that the website talked about. We ate outside the first evening and room service the second. The meals were OK, not great, but served by very pleasant staff and reasonably priced.

The second day we took breakfast in the Executive dining room, which is available from 7am and which obviously meant a much smaller selection but still very adequate and the staff were obliging about bringing a couple of eggs over easy from the main dining room.

We also discovered on the second day that the two hours of alcohol which were included in the evenings were accompanied by a small selection of hot food, which changes every night. This night was Italian and it was quite a tasty snack.

More drinks downstairs on the second evening, and a pizza to take back to the room late at night, which was very tasty.

Overall I would recommend this hotel for a stay in Cairo if you want to be in the area of the airport. The total cost for two rooms, for three nights, two of them on the executive rate and a few extras such as mini bar, room service and some items at the pool was £600.

Room Tip: Make sure you get your choice of smoking or non smoking and twin beds or king size bed
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GRCairo, Front Office Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Warm Greetings from Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo.Thank you very much for your visit and for taking time to share your experience with Tripadvisor readers.

We are delighted to learn that you were pleased with the level of the meet & assist and the cleanliness services offered by the hotel, However, I have read with concern your comments regarding the check in procedures and we do apologize that the receptionist didn't follow the proper check in steps as per the hotel's standard, but let me assure you that addition trainings were put in place to maintain service standards.

It is good to hear that you enjoyed the food taste and the variety of the executive floor benefits, and we do thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Sincerely

Amir Hamdi
Front Office Manager
Klang, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have stayed in concorde wordwide but I think this one doesnt deserve even 4star. Their staff are very rude; I need to bring my luggage to level 3, one of the lift is not working so I have to use the only lift there but the staff ask me to use stair instead, just because they need to use that lift. we just wait actually, and they are going nowhere.

Food is not bad, Room is bit noisy at night, its not really sound proof. Room need to clean properly, Otherwise its really damage your image.

Just if they can improve their staff manners, I will really appreciate.

Room Tip: higher floor facing pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GRCairo, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I have reviewed with great concern your feedback regarding your stay at the Hotel and I am really sorry to learn about the shortfalls accrued.

I did share your comment with the concerned department, and I can assure you that additional trainings were put in place to maintain service standards in the future.

Regarding the quietness of the room, please note that we do have quite rooms with very efficient sound proof system available for the early sleepers.

On a positive note thank you for highlighting the good quality of our food.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies and thanks for taking the time to write about your experience.
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Nice hotel but in a bad location
good professional Pianist i loved him
the food was good but there is no variety in it
the waiter served me was rude !!
i just will review as Good
this just what i say !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kero A
GRCairo, Executive Assistant Manager i/c F&B at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor ,and glad to know that you liked the hotel and the performance of the lobby pianist.

I have reviewed with great concern your feedback regarding the attitude of the waiter who served you, and I do apologize about that, however in this concern, we need more information about the date of the situation,the name of the outlet ..etc..in order to be able to conduct an investigation with all concerned and take the corrective action accordingly.

Please feel free to contact me via my e-mail address: matthias.hellweg@concorde-eg.com

We look forward to welcoming you soon again

Matthias Hellweg
Executive Assistant Manager i/c F&B
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Amazing hotel, with excellent staff and great food.

Can get a bit busy with a lot of the Tourists groups, which unfortunately cannot be avoided.

Location is a bit out of the way, and is a bit off the main sights.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Arif K
GRCairo, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of all colleagues at CONCORDE ELSALAM HOTEL CAIRO, we are grateful for the above kind words. It is delightful to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased by the service offered by our staff as well as the quality of food.

Glad to inform you that our hotel offers a shuttle bus to down town where are the most important sights, and also to the biggest mall in Cairo,on complimentary basis (Schedule available upon request)

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Concorde El Salam Hotel we would like to thank you and we hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Cairo.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We spent a weekend at Concorde in the event of my wife's birthday. They had a weekend promotion which we took it. Knowing that it was her birthday, we found a nice coffee chocolate cake in our room upon arrival. She had a nice 60 min Balinese massage (extra fees). Moreover, they have every night along the pool area, a couple singing as well as a Russian show. It was a nice relaxing romantic weekend.

Room Tip: Pool view is better
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GRCairo, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

Happy birthday for your esteemed wife once again, we are very pleased to hear that you were nicely surprised by the small gesture of the birthday cake we sent in that occasion and glad to know that you had such a wonderful time with us. We do assure you to maintain this service quality in all your future visits to our hotel.

In the meantime I would look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Good experience with the airport pick up procedure. Swiftly through visa formalities and in the hotel within 30 mins of landing. Check-in efficient and security good.

Booked a car service for my business visits which was reliable and clean. By Cairo standards exceptional!

Opted for the executive room package. Room clean & tidy. Bed exceptionally comfortable. Executive lounge good with various snacks, salads, hot appetisers during the day. Free alcoholic drinks 7 to 9, all others free throughout.

The Sushi bar outlet good but quiet (Essam a good bar manager & fountain of local knowledge). Didn't get chance to eat in the other outlets except for breakfast in the main dining room. Breakfast is the usual style international buffet. Nothing special really but well prepared.

I would use this hotel again on this experience. Unfortunately for them Cairo isn't high my business destination of choice.

Room Tip: Opt for a room away from the pool side. There's no view to speak of but it is much quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TurboKev
GRCairo, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you were pleased with the level of service and facilities offered by our hotel.

Welcoming you is always a pleasure to us.. Hopefully we will keep being up to your expectations.

Sincerely