Golden Tulip Flamenco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Conrad Cairo(Cairo)
  • Pool
All reviewspizza hutmetro supermarketzamalek areamoney exchangenice nile viewnile riverclean hotelhotel is situatedbreakfast was includedcairo towersmall hotelshort stayenjoyed my stayyogurtegyptembassiesembassy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2008

Very shortly, if you have enough money and first time in Cairo stay in one of the 5 star hotels on Nile River.Flamenco hotel has nothing to do with chain Golden Tulip brand except their shower gel and shampoo in Golden tulip sticker! The hotel room was so old-maybe 15-20 years old furniture- The rooms were small,and all the outside noise is in the room.1st night we though the window is broken since we could hear every talk on the street! Then realized all the windows are closed but still never stayed in such a noisy hotel! Anyway, we were out whole day and just slept few hours and left the hotel.However,the stuff was really nice and helpful.That was the only good thing! and clean enough to sleep!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2008

I was meeting friends who had already chosen this hotel. First night was not too good... small double room on the second floor, VERY noisy with airconditioning that barely worked and it was SO hot in the room. Was moved the next day to a much better room on the 8th floor. Later in the week there was a water leak at 1 am and I had to be moved again (but I had to argue to get a decent room): The manager was very apologetic in the morning. The rooms vary so much... my friends had really lovely rooms with balconies overlooking the Nile. I had no balcony and I was overlooking a noisy busy street: yet I paid a similar price! There was no health spa ( as advertised) just a bar and 2 restaurants. Staff were friendly, helpful and polite. It is nice and clean too. Food in the 'informal' restaurant was very good but not enough Egyptian dishes! It is an ok place, good location, but there are 'inconsistancies' so check about room standards and prices when booking.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Lil50
Reviewed 27 September 2008

Very bad tapas restaurant with view and room with no view.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Very basic hotel that at least is clean (well, almost since my bed linen were not changed from the previous customer! I had to ask for fresh ones at 1:30 am and do it myself...). It is located on Zamalek Island that is probably one of the nice spots in Cairo. It is an old building, strangely built (about half of the rooms require going up or down a stair). Doors and windows hardly close and do not protect you from the noise (when I was there, lots of children were shouting until late night followed by other clients shouting at them...). AC is either freezing or off since there is no way to regulate it.
I can't talk about food since I escaped the place as much as possible and only tried their terrible coffee.
In short, I am convinced there are better deals in Cairo (the hotel I am usually going at, Semiramis Intercontinental, doesn't fit into that category, being slightly more expensive). The corporate price that was charged to my client was about USD 100, clearly far too much when I look at the service and the place.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Swissdiver
Reviewed 31 July 2008

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and my experience with the hotel was not good. I reached the hotel at noon and next day I have to go to a big customer. I asked for the ironing/pressing of my clothes and the answer was sorry it is only available from 9 to 5 so please go to a laundry shop in front of hotel.

The next morning I realized that I forgot a hair brush and I asked for a comb/hair brush and the answer was sorry we didnt provide this service so please go to market close to the hotel.

I didnt exactly remember but I asked for something else from house keeping and got the same answer. Looking at the replies from house keeping I didnt even ask for a 3 straight pin to 2 pin electric plug for my laptop :)

However the breakfast was good and the best thing is the hotel's location. A supermarket, laundry shop, internet club, money exchangers and good restaurants are within few minutes of walk from hotel.

Stayed: July 2008