“Thieves work in this hotel”

Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences
Ranked #18 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Cairo, Egypt
“Thieves work in this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Our experience in this hotel was the worst possible: someone stole 800€ directly from our room.
The attitude shown by the staff in response of this was pathetic and offensive at any time and we had to contact the police, with no better result.
Until today we had no official excuses or explanation of any kind.
And of course not even one cent back.
I do not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank alenorse
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I do remember last year when you have reported the case during your stay, the hotel management has investigated this case with great concern, unfortunately we could not get a positive result through our internal investigation, nor the police one due to the following reasons:
- No specific time was indicated for not finding the claimed money, while the accommodation was for almost three months.
- Not using neither the safe box provided in your room nor the ones allocated in reception.
- No accusation for any of our team members.
Safety is one of our great priority, we are providing the up to date facilities around the hotel to ensure our guest satisfaction, while we are taking each guest comment very seriously aiming further improvement.
I wish that you continue using our hotel for your coming visits to Cairo, and we will be delighted to provide you the highest standard of service.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

I only stayed at the Hilton Zamelick Residence for one night. The service was just impecable from the start i was even asked about my mileage plus card to get my points credited.
I must draw a particular attention to Ahmed from the morning shift who upgraded me to a fantastic apartment overlooking the Nile. I was surprised by the size of it just for myself. Complimentary water in the apto was a nice touch as well. The guest relations manager was also very nice and helpful and she suggested me to stay in the lobby and get free WiFI in order to avoid the charges and a complimentary coffee was served while i checked my emails. I was not able to use the pool area but it looked nice and clean. The breakfast was wonderful they even opened the restaurant 3o minutes early for me...What can i say... JOB WELL DONE...

Room Tip: if you are a non smoker ask for a room with a view you might get room 1101...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MRDARCYLONDONUK
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Dear friend,
we wish that you have stayed longer than one night, I would like to thank you for your kind feedback, I am happy that you have enjoyed our new service of Free wifi at the hotel public areas for our guests, also great to know that you liked our wide open buffet breakfast.
Next time please book longer stay to be able to enjoy our nice swimming pool as well as other facilities, in addition seeing more of Cairo!
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

I stayed at this property during our holiday in Egypt in July 2012. We had a wonderful time. The hotel is located in Posh Zemalek area and very near to River nile (the best part). The hotel staff is very courteous and always willing to help. Rooms were very clean and spacious.

My wife really liked the breakfast spread as they started including lots of indian food as well. I really liked will the italian sandwich served in the pastry shop at the entrance.

Hotel is centrally located and there are lots of good restaurants nearby.

Wonderful experience and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Nile river. You will hear amaizing music playing in all the Falukas in the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rasputinczar
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, 27 January 2013
My dear guest,
Happy to read your kind comments about the hotel and its unique location, also great to know that our team members have professionally served your wife and yourself, and you are satisfied of the level of room cleanliness..

We are always working on enhancing our buffet breakfast, while maintaining the wide variety of international dishes as well as the local ones, meanwhile we are always doing our best to introduce specific food items or dishes selected based on the mix of nationalities we have.

We are looking forward to have you and your wife once more very soon.

Kolbotn, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

The view of the Nile makes you feel you are on a riverboat, but without the unconfortable rocing, Whether you are in your room, on the poolside lunch spot, in the breakfast hall or in the Tea Lounge, the Nile is in front of you.

Arrange your meeting in the Tea Lounge. It has large green comfortable sofas, friendly staff and with the Nile in front of you, it was a peaceful place to work and have small meetings/interviews..

The location is great on the Al Gazeera Zamalek, if this is where you have your business. Heliopolis is far away, and you also have to cross the city to reach the airport. I travelled early, and at 6 in the morning there was little trafic and I reached the airport in 30 minutes. For reaching appointments during the day in Mohandesiin or Heliopolis, it took hours. But this is Cairo, it is full of traffic from 7-20.00.

Breakfast was also great. They make you tasty omlets and have avariety of healthy food.

A special thanks to very friendly staff in the reception,

Room Tip: Ask for a view to the Nile of cource. And in Cario, floors above the 5th does not have moskitoes rea...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gudrun B
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Dear Gudrun B,
Thank you very much for your great positive comments; I can use your description in our future marketing ads. I am happy that you have enjoyed the hotel and liked the service provided by our team members.
You are absolutely right, staying in the island of Zamalek is unique, while you are in the middle of everything, you keep a little distance from the crowed and noise of the busy Cairo, while enjoying the panoramic view of the magnificent Nile River is out of this world.

Looking forward to welcoming you once more in the near future.
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

two of my friends and I, stayed for a couple months in the summer of 2012 with a friend who is a long time resident at the Hilton zamalek residence and i am glad i did. The suite had 3 bedrooms (5 beds) and a living room, sitting room, kitchen dining area and 2 bathrooms. the suite was extreamly spacious and had an amazing veiw from all directions off the wrap around balcony.
I was in Egypt during the first presidential election and although i was aware of the problems i did not feel unsafe once during my stay.
The staff truely make this hotel enjoyable, although most speak English well its still not always easy to communicate although they try in every way possible. Frida at the help desk was exceptional and although i had everything planned before hand she had coversations with me and my friends while waiting for my driver and was very funny.
Sitting by the pool had to be the most relaxing part of the trip wether it was first thing in the morning to suntan (the sun is hidden by the hotel after noon) or spending nights there watching the Euro cup games and relaxing till the pool deck closed for the night. Hassan the Sheesha man has to be one of the funniest employees of the hotel and made us all feel truely confortable , not to mention he mixes the best sheesha and i have yet to find someone able to make a hooka better then him. The wait staff in the restraunt beside the pool were also all very helpful and every night would put our tables together before we got downstairs and added to the relaxation and amazing service.
I was able to take in many of the hotels facilities and they were all to my standards, and all staff had permanent smies and formed true bonds with us making us sad to leave at the end of our trip. The staff truely make this hotel and the location is beautiful and very safe.

Room Tip: The wifi was hard to figure out and would cut in and out regularaliy. all rooms should have magnifi...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your detailed great feedback, I am sure that our Team Members are very much motivated after they have read your excellent comments, I am happy that you have liked our spacious suites (260 Sqm) overlooking the magnificent Nile River.
Great that you were able to fully enjoy your time whether outside or inside the hotel, our Team Members like to serve our guests in a friendly and family atmosphere, let them feel home away of their own home.
I will depend on your positive comments that you will come over once more very soon.

Kind Regards
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

I had stayed twice in Hilton Zamalek last autumn, around 1month and a half in total, as part of a business trip and I was very pleased with what it had to offer.
What I liked:
- even the single room is quite big
- big bed with lots of pillows
- old furniture but stylish
- balcony with Nile view
- I was sharing a common area ( lounge/lobby and a kitchen) with another person. The kitchen is, however, not free of charge anymore starting 1st of Jan 2013
- location! Central Zamalek. A lovely area where all the embassies are located.
- amazing staff! The most friendly one I have ever met. I need to mention Mohammed the tall guy here!
- the Feel at Home feeling I had during my entire stay. I will definetely return here the 3rd time also.
- Hilton reward programme which is amazing. Once you become Gold you enjoy lots of other facilities

What I did not like:
- air con system was always making a small noise even when it was off.
- expensive wi-fi for guests which are not yet entitled to free access

Room Tip: Take a room with Nile view
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Dear Dan,
Happy new year. Thank you for your great feedback, happy to know that you liked our room size and bed quality, just to update you, we have recently upgraded our rooms beds with new Hilton brand standard mattresses and beds, I wished you have tried them, I agree with you we have a unique location in the most prestigious Zamalek area. Delighted that you have enjoyed services prvided with our team members.
As you may know we are providing internet through internet supplier, that is why we are not very much in control of prices, however when you reach a diamond member in our HHonor program you will be granted a free internet, not only that, very soon we will provide WiFi free in all public areas and restaurants to our guests.
You are most welcome anytime to your second home, Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences.
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

This Hilton used to be the Safir Hotel/Residence in Cairo and was probably not really renovated for 20 years: brown wall to wall carpet, dusty curtains, old bathrooms. Its location is good if you want to do some shopping and restaurants. Its staff is nice and polite - as most Egyptians. The view from the rooms is great.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kisutazo
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments, I am happy that our Team Members have provided high quality of service to you, also delighted that you have enjoyed the hotel unique location and the many attractions around. Just to highlight the hotel had been completed its full renovation beginning of the year 2010, all rooms and suites have been redecorated and furnished, beige carpets were extended, and installed LCD TVs. I appreciate that it is not easy meet all tastes and expectations of everybody, however we are always seeking to excel in our services. Looking forward to welcoming you once again in Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences.