“Good for transit passengers”
Review of Le Passage Cairo

Le Passage Cairo
Ranked #1 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a half day transit ( courtesy of Egypt air) and it is an ok hotel for transit passengers. Rooms given to stop over passengers are a bit old but clean. Food was average.

For a stopover its good since its next door to the airport, but if i was on a holiday in cairo this wouldnt be my choice of a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 January 2014

If I based this review on the people that work here, it would be a 5... but! The hotel is under construction, so it is very noisy. I paid the extra money to "upgrade" to what seems to be a VERY standard room. Only ONE outlet that is accessible for charging electronics. With laptop, ipad, and phone it takes quite the jumbling act. The chair for the desk is way too low. The lights are very low, and the room always seems dark. The "executive club" level that I believed would be open from their website s not ever open. At breakfast I was seated at a dirty table.. OK, the dirty part of it was across from my seat, but it was not nice.

Asked for tea/coffee kettle and after they delivered the actual kettle, they didn't bring a cup! That took another hour to get delivered!

I will come back here again for the employee's kindness and willingness to serve, but the physical aspects are POOR. I understand that Egypt is really suffering right now, but I did expect a bit better for a business class hotel next to the airport. I will stay here again and hope that once they are done with the renovations it will be better all around..

I am sorry for the situation that Egypt is in. The people are wonderful and welcoming and are making the best of the poor tourist situation, but as a business traveler, my expectations are a bit higher..

They do have a decent gym with two treadmills. When I was there I was the only one using it.

Room Tip: 4th floor but make sure to ask where they are doing the construction! Food is quite good!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect as reviews some were good some were bad. I stayed one night as I had morning flight the next day. I was given room 2025 the same as previous reviewer 'Avoid'. Well first of all they must have fixed the toilet seat because I had no problem. The room was clean and bed very comfortable .Very nice soft white towels in bathroom and the usual toiletries. 2 complimentary bottles of water were provided and also some fresh fruit and pastries. I did miss not having tea/coffee making facility. The hotel has very nice pool and garden area. I ate lunch in the bar area of the reception and the food was very good. I had an evening meal in the Chinese restaurant but I wasn't impressed by the food and thought it expensive. the Staff I had dealings with were all very polite even very early in the morning when I checked out the reception staff managed to have a smile and kind word.The courtesy bus to the airport runs every 20minutes.I would have not hesitation using this hotel again. My Egyptian friend had room 2020 and that room was also very good. He had breakfast at the hotel and said it was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
LePassageCairo, Manager at Le Passage Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Greetings from Le Passage Cairo Hotel & Casino

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for your positive comments mentioned towards our hotel.
On behalf of our entire staff here at Le Passage Cairo Hotel ,we would like to thank you and we hope to welcome you again in your next visit..

Thanks & best regards

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here, many times over the last year for business reasons. Not impressed, "it will do". Many problems, mosquitos, broken safe's, broken hair dryers. My goodness. Some food was ok. But too expensive. Italian, average. Chinese, nice, yet expensive. Bar, no thank you. Ended up going back and forth of the Marriott and fairmont as same prices and much nicer food! The pool was ok, small, cold, bit green. Creepy lifeguards occasionally asking for westerners facebooks and continuously staring. But relatively good service. Weddings where right where you eat. Quite annoying and deafening. But would defiantly avoid, and never recommend.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is the worst hotel I've ever experienced.

I had my wedding in their Opera hall and stayed there for three nights (one before the wedding and two after it). Here it is a list of the issues I faced:

For the night before the wedding, I stayed in room 2025. Their toilet seats are not equipped with built-in water sprayers (needed for Muslims) and the bidet didn't work!

The wedding suite (room 2004) was disastrous; it was frigid cold and the heater didn't work. We asked for and were visited by a technician TWICE. Till we left, the heater didn't work and there was a foul smell coming of the vents! Actually, one of the ventilation fans covers fell on my head!

Electricity was out on the next morning, but that was fixed soon after.

The mini fridge (aka mini bar) was empty and there was no coffee or tea in the coffee tray!

The safes in both rooms didn't work!

The power sockets holes are so tiny that you need to ram the plugs, and there is no US nor UK compatible sockets except in the bathroom. This is very weird given that it is an "airport" hotel!

The hotel atmosphere itself is not pleasant at all. I visited the front desk many times on different days (for issues related to the wedding) and every time, I'm sure to find an angry guest quarreling with the staff. It may be a traveler who requested an airport pick up and didn't get it or a guest who was over-charged, or what so ever issue related to the incompetence of their staff.

I had to use the hotel hairdresser who refused to let me use my tools (comb, scissors...) and insisted on using his tools which were not sterilized till I asked him to do so. He used cologne to sterilize them. Come on! This is an airport hotel with guests from all over the world!

One night, they had a Christmas event and there were no parking places available, so I was told that I can use (and pay for) the valet service. Simply, the valet service means that they allow you to park in a no-parking area or to double park!

In short, I'm neither going back their nor advise anybody to go there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mohamed E
LePassageCairo, Manager at Le Passage Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Sir,

It has been a great pleasure welcoming you at Le Passage Cairo Hotel & Casino and we wish to thank you for taking your precious time to send us your comments.

It is a valuable source for us to review our performance and strive to achieve excellent standards of product and service to our associate.

Concerning your comments on your stay on 24-27.12.13 kindly accept our apology and note that we have spoken directly with the responsible person and I can confirm that will not happen again.
As for your comment that the toilet seats are not equipped with built-in water sprayers (needed for Muslims) and the bidet didn't work, kindly be advised that our engineering reports did not mention any bidet maintenance order in room 2025 since 24.12.13.
As for the complain that the heater didn't work, Kindly be advised that we have renovated A.C all over the hotel.
As for your complain that the mini fridge (aka mini bar) was empty and there was no coffee or tea in the coffee tray please be informed that Superior room standard is not included coffee tray, so this issue was related to room 2025 for the first night only, As for the Mini bar at superior rooms, it is upon request. "we have mini bar card mentioned this information in the room. As for the Safe box, they work through using the guest credit card magnetic side.
Concerning that the power sockets holes are so tiny that you need to ram the plugs, and there is no US nor UK compatible sockets except in the bathroom,
- Due to hotel standard we can provide guest with the mentioned adaptor upon request
As for "that the valet service means that they allow you to park in a no-parking area or to double park!"
-We see that it was misunderstanding as valet service is free of charge.

For your next visit we will be glad to upgrade your reserved room type as a small gesture from the hotel management.

Looking forward welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We were put up at "Le Passage" by EgyptAir as part of our flight layover package--so it was free! And being free, we certainly couldn't complain! Friendly staff and a voucher for an amazing dinner buffet. Free shuttle to and from airport (so close). Rooms for transit customers are in the basement, but were simple but clean and comfy and great hot showers. For transit passengers, would def. recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
LePassageCairo, Manager at Le Passage Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Greetings from Le Passage Cairo Hotel & Casino

We would like to extend our sincere appreciation for your very positive comments mentioned towards our hotel.

Thanks & best regards

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Well located hotel beside the airport will provide you from being stuck in the traffic in Cairo and miss your flight. Outside swimming pool (9am to 6pm), good gym (7am to 11pm), 4 restaurants, professionnal staff.

However, wifi is only available in the loby. Internet is supposed to be available in the rooms but wasn't working in mine. Rooms are getting older. I was "upgraded" to superior room without asking which was just OK. Wonder what would be the standard room.

Would go there again as it is practical but may check others also.

Room Tip: Ask for swimming pool view. Ask for second floor, otherwise people passing by the swimming pool will...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steph_FR-BE

Dear Sir,
It has been a great pleasure welcoming you at Le Passage Cairo Hotel & Casino and we wish to thank you for taking your precious time to write your comments.
It is a valuable source for us to review our performance and strive to achieve excellent standards of product and service to our guests.

We hope to welcome you again at Le Passage Cairo Hotel & Casino and we will do our utmost to meet your expectations during your next stay.