“Convenient and friendly”

Ranked #2 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
London, United Kingdom
“Convenient and friendly”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have stayed here three times on layovers. The hotel is very close to the airport terminal, and a free shuttle is provided. It is easy to get a taxi to take you into the city, but the hotel taxi company charges about four times the normal flag rate, so try to get a local taxi on the way back.
The staff are friendly and helpful, and the buffet meals offer a wide selection of decent food.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Cairo
Reviewed 18 March 2014

there was no problem on ariving at hotel
reservation was ready....

i come frequently in thuis hotel as it is next to the airporyt on arriving and leaving

the room was ok breakfast also good like the rest and swimming pool

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Perfect spot to sleep near the airport for a layover. Can't imagine wanting this to be primary hotel for a vacation, but felt very safe for our family and it's extremely convenient. Dinner buffet was nice and outdoor seating was very pleasant.

Stayed April 2013
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

This would happen to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The first room they put me in featured a crusty bathroom with no bidet, which was just the start of it. During the subsequent morning (9am), I was awoken by the construction going on in the room directly above mine . It took them some time to switch me to a mosquito infested room on the second floor.

During the following night, I returned to the hotel at 3am where I was literally CHASED down the hall by one of the workers who then questioned my stay at the hotel. And by chased I mean a full on sprint you would see from Usain Bolt. He then escorted me to my room and tried to peek inside. The front office did not seem to care at all that it happened, which didn't surprise me one bit.

They mishandled my checkout time, but perhaps that was due to the language barrier. The front desk receptionist didn't return call me back and passed the problem down to the next shift for whatever reason. The next receptionist then lied to me about calling the man who booked my reservation. What a joke. As I walked to the front lobby to fix my check-out issue, I was stared down by everyone who was working at the front desk. They could benefit from a little professionalism.

Some under qualified assistant manager invited me to his office where he ordered me a Turkish coffee and proceeded to ignore my complaints. I then spoke to the manager, and he had a nice little smile to the whole story. I wrote down all my complaints and sealed it in an envelope, but I'm 100% sure nothing will be done about anything. When I received the bill for my check out, I found it amusing that they actually charged me the Turkish coffee. The man handling the checkout then laughed about the mistake and took off the charge.

If there was a bright spot to this "hotel", it would be the very friendly man from Sohag who worked the concierge. Also, the gym has almost everything you need.

All in all, avoid Le Passage at all costs.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael H
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

stayed in this hotel for a half day transi and it is an average hotel for transit passengers. Rooms given to stop over passengers are a bit old but clean. Food was average. For a stopover its good since its next door to the airport,

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Italy
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights since I had a late flight arrival and the following day our flight was at 430.

Pros: distance from the airport only 2 minutes.
Cons: the hotel is quite old and needs a strong refurbishment. Wifi works only in the lobby and rooms look quite old as the bathroom.

Definitely not a four star hotel and frankly speaking far away from other airports hotel scattered in the world.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The hotel was not very impressive as their facilities inside the room was rather old however, their buffet meals were good. The menu changes everyday and the taste of those foods were quite delicious. There's an advice if you plan to go downtown Cairo from the hotel, just leave the guard house from the main gate and turn left, walk all the way down ( about 5-10minutes) and you will reach a bus station, hop on the bus number 111 (2 egyptian pounds) and you will find yourself at downtown in just 40 minutes!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
LePassageCairo, Manager at Le Passage Cairo, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Sir,

It has been a great pleasure welcoming you at Le Passage Cairo Hotel & Casino and I wish to thank you for taking your precious time to send us your comments.

It is a valuable source for us to review our performance and strive to achieve excellent standards of product and service to our associate.
We also would like to inform you that we have a shuttle bus service to Down Town so you can use during your second visit without having to go to the bus station.

Would be glad to welcome you again in our hotel.