“Luxurious, overwhelming and extremly fantastic experience. One of the best Hotels in Egypt.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Heliopolis

Le Meridien Heliopolis
Ranked #32 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

It was an honor to be welcomed as a new weds in Le Meridien Hotel, last year.It is very luxurious, overwhelming and extremly fantastic experience, especially the suites. Very clean, neat and refreshing rooms. Welcoming crew with great hospitality. It is really nice that a historical Hotel can outsand others. It is really one of the best Hotels in Egypt and I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for posting a positive review on your recent stay at Le Méridien Heliopolis and for highlighting a luxurious and fantastic experience. We are thrilled to notice that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us, appreciated our services and facilities and we genuinely value your supporting comments.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Best regards, the Hotel Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

From the time I arrived at the hotel, welcomed at the front, to ALL the staff in the hotel, I felt great. Professional and genuinely friendly service. Under the tough circumstances that were happening in Cairo at the time, I never felt at any time concerned and they made my stay a pleasure. Thank you

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nelly O, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
It is a real pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at Le Méridien Heliopolis as reflected by your positive review. Our aim is to deliver the best and we will always make every effort to make your future stays as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Again we thank you for your support and we hope to be of service to you soon. Kind regards, The Hotel Management
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

This is not the first time I stayed at this well managed and highly appreciated service by all the staff. The room was clinically clean, the service was very good, will always stay there again.
and will recomended for all my business travlers friend.

Room Tip: All room are good located
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First let me thank you for your loyalty to our Hotel and for sharing your feedback with us through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated Le Méridien Heliopolis services. Staff Members wish to thank you for your positive feedback. We will always welcome the opportunity to being of service to you and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Once more thank you, for your loyalty and support, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Heliopolis.

Kind regards, the Hotel Management.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

A central location to the center of the city and yet quiet. Lobby was always spotless and the rooms up to date and clean. The hotel arranged a complimentary airport pick up which also included help through immigration. Made the experience actually a joy. Likewise free shuttle for departure. I stayed on the frequent guest floor and full use of the lounge which serves and excellent breakfast. Ate in all the other restaurants and without exception they were more than adequate. I read the hotwire review which does not compare to what experienced. May be you get what you pay for. I was there pre demonstration leaving just before they started some demonstrations were already being held. At no time did I feel unsafe even when we spent three days in upper Egypt in El Minya.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for sharing with us and other travellers your positive experience at Le Méridien Heliopolis. We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated the Hotel location, the shuttle service with airport assistance, as well as your F&B experience.

We sincerely thank you for highlighting that, in spite of the existing challenges Egypt is facing, it is still a safe country. We reiterate our gratitude for your kind and genuine
comments.

Please, always remember that Le Méridien Heliopolis is YOUR HOME in Cairo.

Kind regards, the Hotel Management.
Cairo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed on Le Meridien Heliopolis for a couple of days; the thing that attracts my attention there is the service that follows the old traditions of the excellency related to this area of Cairo. Things were well organized, nice breakfast serviced with smiley people whose care after you and want to offer all possible requests that you may wish to make your meal superb. Check in and out done by experienced staff in no time. The location of the hotel is perfect for those who are in business / meeting in Cairo for few days where it`s close to the airport, yet linked to the hot spots of Cairo.

Room Tip: Club Rooms have a special location and their own lounges and restaurant will help you manage your bu...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Mr Ghaly,

We are delighted to read your review and thank you for highlighting your positive experience while staying at Le Meridien Heliopolis. We are very pleased that our services have exceeded your expectations and that our staff Members have done their utmost to ensure your comfort and to deliver the best of service.

Our Hotel location is indeed very much favoured by our loyal clientele in view of its proximity to the airport and to the commercial center of Heliopolis.

I have shared your kind words with the Executive Team as it is gratifying to receive messages praising the Staff and the Service.

Once again, we thank you for your positive review and look forward to the pleasure of counting you among our most loyal customers.

Kind regards,
The Hotel Management
San Juan Cosala, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had a 12-hour lay over in Cairo on the 4th of July, one day post coup. Needless to say, I felt a bit of trepidation, but everything went extremely smoothly. I had arranged an airport meet & greet service and pick up with the hotel's wonderful general manager, Mamdouh Faraj. I was met when I got off the plane by the hotel rep, who got my visa and luggage and took me to the shuttle. At check in, Marina, the ever-gracious club-floor supervisor, offered me a suite ( an SPG platinum-level benefit), but since it faced the front of the hotel (on the main road) I opted for a quieter room at the back. As others have said, the furnishings could stand to be updated (which, I was told, is scheduled to happen once the Meridien at the airport opens), but are nice enough. The club lounge is small and has meagre offerings for happy hour, but being offered a delicious fresh mango juice made up for any shortcomings. Since I had a 4am flight, I was offered a breakfast box, which, unfortunately, I forgot in the 1am-scrum to get back to the airport. All in all, I had a much better experience than I had anticipated and highly recommend this hotel for those with a short transit times in Cairo.

Room Tip: For quiet, ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Le Méridien Heliopolis and for sharing your feedback with us through TripAdvisor. We are delighted to note that your experience at our Hotel was positive and we thank you for highlighting your appreciation of our services & facilities, mainly the airport meet/assist/pickup service. We are glad that Marina was able to accommodate you in an alternate room.

Securing Guests comfort & happiness is the aim we are striving for and your kind words drives us to do the extra step to exceed your expectations.

Le Méridien Heliopolis Management and Staff Members wish to thank you for your positive feedback. We will always welcome the opportunity to being of service to you and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards, The Hotel Management.
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Hotwire has the hotel under 5 stars so I booked it for 3 days.To my disgust this hotel is fit to be a 3 star.

Service is very poor. Rooms and bathrooms are old, no updates. Furniture are made of wicker and are old looking. I dreaded going to the bathroom because of its appearance. In spite of putting a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door a house keeping man opened my door thinking no one was in.

Room cleaning was deplorable, dust all over, bathrooms barely touched. Beddings are NOT changed in spite of requesting. Dirty glasses are bashed in the bathroom with probably the same cleaning tools which is used to clean the sink

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for sharing with us and other travellers your recent experience at Le Meridien Heliopolis. We very much regret to note that your expectations were not met. We understand your disappointment with your room condition. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

We wish to assure you that soon we will start our renovation plan starting with the rooms and bathrooms.
We have also addressed the issue of cleanliness with our Executive Housekeeper for her immediate action.
May I take this opportunity to assure you that our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service and it is my sincere hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting Le Meridien Heliopolis when you are next in Cairo.

Kind regards,
The Hotel Management

Travellers are raving about these Cairo hotels