“Value for Money in Airport Area - Great Staff Attitude.”

Le Meridien Heliopolis
Ranked #32 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Value for Money in Airport Area - Great Staff Attitude.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I have been in the hotel again for the 4th time and I can surely advise visitors to Cairo to try it! It is a hotel where you get a great value for money relation , the staff have a great attitude , that has improved a lot through the years. The hotel is old but well maintained , the rooms are spacious , clean and every night you will find some entertainment , I had a chance to see two wedding ceremonies during my stay , it is a fantastic experience, since the start up of the party takes place in the hotels hall. The main lobby needs immediate refurbishing , gym should be taken to upper level instead of basement and I could not find gym towels available every time (how expensive is it!!! ) , steam is in need of immediate maintenance . One of my concerns in Egypt is always the taxi issue, in order to give preference to the hotel taxis there is no regular taxis in front of the hotel , so I had to walk outside to get a taxi in the rain!!! How difficult is it to keep one regular taxi inside the hotel premises????? A trip using hotel taxi can cost 5 times more than a regular taxi. I tried the food in the various restaurants they are average quality but price is also very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Nelly O, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Brazukajo,

First let me thank you for your loyalty to our Hotel and for sharing your feedback with us through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated Le Méridien Heliopolis services, Staff Members wish to thank you for your positive feedback.
Indeed, our Hotel needs a full renovation. We just wish to advise you that we will engage in our ambitious renovation plan which will begin within the coming months including the entire fitness center.

As for the taxi, we have Le Merdien Heliopolis taxis working 24/7, all what you have to do is to request a taxi from the reception, bellmen, or doormen, and they will at once get you one immediately.

the Hotel Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I've booked into the Le Meridien in the Heliopolis district of Cairo, not to be mixed up with the one at the airport.

The desk staff upon my arrival were very friendly and the rooms (booked two stays within 2 weeks) were always clean. The location is fantastic and there's a 31 EGP flatrate for taxis from the hotel to destinations in Cairo. At least they offere me that and I couldn't complain about that. The hotel lobby features Wifi and the hotel rooms I stayed in 518 and 712 had all complimentary 1 week cable internet which to my surprise was very fast!

The breakfast was excellent with lots of good food. The restautant also offers high quality food and it didn't disappoint me. All in all it was a very nice stay. When you enter the hotel you need to pass security and your bags will be scanned. At least it looks like it. Sometimes I thought the security people were just there to look intimidating.

On my second stay one of the lovely front desk guys actually booked me into 712 as I arrived back during the curfue in Cairo that time.Worked like a charm and the room had a nice view.

All the people I've been speaking with (at some point my safe stopped working) were corteous and treated me with respect. The only thing that I didn't like and that made me worry a bit was how my friend was treated at times by security.

I know that in Egypt the culture is different and that people can't get used to the idea that in the Western world a woman might not wear a burka or the like. That was something that was simply not excusable. Unfortunately I've been made aware of this far too late by my friend.

All in all however I can say that the price was fair and the hotel rooms clean, the food in the restaurant fantastic and the breakfast more than adequate.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool or rooms in the 7th floor. Spectacular views
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Nelly O, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Crisdean81,

It is a real pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at Le Méridien Heliopolis as reflected by your positive review. We really appreciate your lovely and wonderful words regarding our services, rooms and staff. We are delighted to have met your expectations and confirm our commitment to always deliver the best of service to ensure our guests feel welcomed and at home.
Rest assures that we will always make our utmost to make your future stays as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Again we thank you for your support and we hope to be of service to you soon.
The Hotel Management
El Gouna - Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

It is all about first impression! from meeting at Cairo airport through arriving to the hotel, welcomed by the door man, nicely escorted to the reception and finally moving to the club floor, and welcomed by the reception staff, it was all warm and friendly interactions. then the very comfortable room with easy access to all rooms' facilities including internet, safe box, TV.....etc.
Should you wish to discover the area around the hotel, not a big deal!! just contact the concierge and in no time they will get you a taxi. The hotel is about 15 minutes away from City Stars a huge shopping mall and a very large food court, and it was worth going there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Nelly O, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your overnight stay at Le Méridien Heliopolis. We were delighted to note that we have made a good impression on your first visit to our Hotel and that you will recommend it to your friends.

It was a pleasure to us knowing that you have appreciated our services and facilities.
Your kind comment regarding our staff being friendly is very much appreciated, and your wonderful experience was shared with the Executive Team as it is certainly gratifying when efforts are acknowledged by our guests.

Once again, we thank you for your positive review and look forward to the pleasure of counting you among our most loyal customers.

The Hotel Management
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed here for one night

Hotel rooms are spacious, well decorated. Disappointed that there was no wi-fi. The wi-fi dongle was placed in an extremely isolated place that wasn't near a desk.

The hotels food was average. The waiters were absolutely clueless - told them in 3+ languages (even once in Arabic) that we wanted pasta with vegetables mixed into the sauce. They brought us pasta with sauce and a random salad on the side.

It took only 10 minutes to get to the airport from the hotel; despite rumors of legendary traffic during peak times we encountered nothing. Surprised they are building a Le Meridien in the airport - seems unnecessary considering the proximity of this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Nelly O, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting Le Méridien Heliopolis while recently visiting Cairo and I really apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations and kindly request you to reconsider staying with us again in the future.

I was deeply concerned by your comments. Rest assured that I have conveyed your remarks to the Department Heads concerned for their immediate corrective actions. Rest assured that we will engage in our ambitious renovation beginning of year 2014, the renovation will definitely eliminate some of your comments mainly the Wi-Fi in the rooms with new features.

Once again, we thank you for your motivating feedback; it will be our pleasure to have you with us again and to welcoming you back soon.
the Hotel Management
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Having stayed in this hotel at the courtesy of Egypt air . The staff of the hotel were very kind and very hospitable. The room was excellent even comfortable, every basic homely needs were at hand. Thanks to the support from the reception my fear of missing my flight was laid off! The food at the restaurant was averagely good. I will recommend hotel meridian Heliopolis to travellers to Egypt. Wishing you alla happy stay in Egypt.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is a real pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at Le Méridien Heliopolis as reflected by your positive review. We were delighted to serve you and we're glad that you had a good experience and were satisfied with the accommodation, food, and particularly reception staff.
Our aim is to deliver the best and we will always make every effort to make your future stays as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Again we thank you for your support and we hope to be of service to you soon.
Kind regards, The Hotel Management
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Though this hotel is rated as 5 Star but I am sure it fits well with a Four start tag. Actually many of the 3 Star hotels in US are much better than this hotel. May be it is a 5 Star rating as per Egypt standards! The staff are very friendly gentle in their approach to customers.
I had few issues such as the internet did not work due to a bad LAN cable, The In-room-Safe never worked though the attendant made several efforts to replace it but finally did not do. Also the coffee making flask did not work and got it replaced within 5 minutes. My concern is, when it is 5 Star hotel all things MUST work upon we check into it. It is not the customer who has to check each and every amenities and get it repaired/replaced. The valuable time is lost in this process.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Nelly O, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
First let me thank you for staying at Le Méridien Heliopolis and for posting a review on our Hotel while recently visiting Cairo. I was deeply concerned by your comments. Rest assured that I have conveyed your remarks to the Department Heads concerned for their immediate corrective actions. I would have appreciated your reporting this matter to the Duty Manager or any of the Management Team, who would have taken the appropriate measures to resolve any issue. Kindly consider this visit as a one-time disappointing experience. We look forward to the pleasure of being of service to you again soon. The Hotel Management
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed for about 5 nights in le meridien Heliopolis during our egypt holiday. Nice property , good service , helpful staff.

There is an Indian restaurant very close by to this hotel and it also does delivery in the hotel which was nice as I can't live without Indian food for more than 1-2 days.

Rooms were nice, nothing fancy but met all the basic requirements.

May be the only disadvantage of this hotel is the location. It is a bit far away from the city center and so one needs to budget some extra time for sight seeing especially because the traffic is really bad during peak hours.

Overall a good hotel !!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First let me thank you for choosing Le Méridien Heliopolis Hotel and for sharing your feedback with us through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated Le Méridien Heliopolis services. Your kind comments concerning our Staff for being friendly and helpful are greatly respected. Staff Members wish to thank you for your positive feedback. We will always welcome the opportunity to being of service to you and look forward to welcoming you back soon in the very near future.

Kind regards, the Hotel Management.