“Very happy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pyramisa Suites Hotel Cairo
Ranked #39 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
“Very happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in December in a junior suite.
Rooms were very spacious and suite was almost like a good sized apartment except kitchen.
Room service was exceptional . They happily let us use their kitchen microwave for sterilising feeding bottles for our 7 month old baby and once shown how to do this, a single phone call to room service was sufficient to get everything sorted . It was a great help.

Breakfast menu had good variety. Reception of hotel was well decorated. The lobby and room smelt of smoke and sadly they dont have designated non smoking rooms.

Location is very convenient . My 8 year old son and i had a stroll one morning and reached to museum area across the bridge. A good supermarket is 2 min away . We took a overnight sleeping train from Giza to Luxor and the ticket collection office was 2 min walk from this hotel . ( saved almost $50 in arranging train reservation via travel agent!) . The exchange beurau located in hotel reception area was very handy as well and in fact had better exchange rate.

In all, a very good experience .

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Emsworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

From my arrival for a 5 day visit to Cairo, I felt welcome and looked after. The staff speak fluent English, are warm and helpful. I had a junior suite overlooking the Nile, with every facility including room safe and fridge. The restaurants were superb, the chefs second to none. There is a business centre, but you can get half an hour's free internet use in the coffee shop with minimal purchase. There are numerous small shops, a piano bar, casino etc., and an outdoor pool. Tour guides collect you from the very attractive and spacious reception area. I felt that nothing was too much trouble. The only downside is that the hotel is situated on the main road to Giza, which means that it is noisy, with relentless traffic day and night, although this may have been worse than usual because of the Tahrir Square demo. That apart, I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you have a Nile view, I suspect it may be noiser, as it faces on to the main road running alongsi...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank balticbash
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I'm really late leaving this review - I stayed in March and April 2010, but I figure maybe better late than never.

I wasn't really very impressed with the Pyramisa in Cairo. I took a tour and this was the hotel we were meeting at/staying at for the first night so I stayed two extra nights at the beginning of my trip before the tour was to start. I was put into an awful room. The third night (first actual night of the tour), I was kept up all night by the sounds of furniture being dragged across a tile floor. It was awful - I started the first day of the tour with only 3 hours of sleep. I did complain, but the manager didn't seem to believe me about the noise. I believe it was coming from the fitness centre next to my room. When we returned to the same hotel at the end of the tour, I was given another terrible room - over top of the disco. I was told the disco was closed, but it started up around 1:00 a.m. and kept me awake half the night. Also, the security chain on the door broke completely in half. The awful rooms were both on the 1st floor near the elevators. For the last night, I complained and was given a MUCH nicer room on the 4th floor - actually, it was a suite! I wish I had mentioned it earlier, because my stay there was not very enjoyable.

The hotel security was good, besides my door chain breaking. It was also nice to have currency exchange in the lobby. The restaurant was over priced, but convenient considering I didn't have to leave the hotel to find dinner...going out alone as a blonde female was not the best experience! haha. Oh, and at the beginning of my trip, I was having a friend who lives in Cairo meet me. He was supposed to call me at the hotel so we could meet up, but they kept telling him I wasn't there! Frustrating! They had my reservation under my name "Katie" but they pronounced it Kat-ee-ah. And, my friend knows me as Kate so it was a bit of a debacle.

Room Tip: Don't stay near elevators or on the first floor.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights whilst on a tour of Egypt in April 2009. Right in the centre of town it is a large hotel of about 20 storeys. The rooms are fantastic, they are like flats, hallway, bathroom, lounge area and 2 bedrooms, one for us and one for our 3 children (all young) best layout rooms I've been in. There was no TV's in bedrooms but one in the lounge.

The only complain with the rooms was that the sliding windows had no locks on them, so the kids could go up and open them, a bit worrying when we were on the 14th floor !!!

The staff moved us down to the 7th floor and sent up a maintanance man to screw the windows shut as we were worried !!

The hotel has only one restaruant, next to the reception area. This was a lovely restaraunt, very well laid out with buffet style food.

There is only one swimming pool here and it is one the roof. Very small and hardly worth a swim but did not spoil our visit one bit. The culture to experience here was great.

There is no childrens activities here.

We stuck with the same taxi driver, Zanaty, for all our trips out. A charming old Egytian and he was great. Where ever you go in Cairo be prepared for an experience of driving, everyone bibs their horns everywhere, an eye opener for sure.

We went to cairo zoo twice, only 1 LE (12 pence) entrance fee !!! a great visit. We went the 2nd time as my missus found out as we were leaving the 1st time thay if you pay about £10 GBP we could go into the lion enclosures and have our pic taken with the small baby lion cubs. This was an experience not to be missed. I can not post any pics of this as do not want to put pics of kids on public forum.

We paid about 900 LE (£100) and got a taxi about 5 miles to the pyramids, and went on horseback to the pyramids and the Sphinx. This trip was fantasic and an experience of a life time. Was on horseback for 5 hours so a bit sore but well worth it. The kids loved it.

The main museum in Cairo was another great experience. You have to pay extra to see the tomb of Tutankhamun.

Another great place to visit is the 5,000 year old Citadel at the edge of the city on a hilltop. amaxing views of the whole city can be seen from here. I have attached a views pics here of this.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

There is an old part anf a new one. Make sure you are in the new section/tower because the old is OLD. I got my room changed by tipping the assistant manager after I simply could not sleep with the smoke smell permeating my older "non-smoking" room. The result was a much cleaner 10th floor room with a city view. Perfect. Food was good. Breakfasts were outstanding. The service was good. There was live music at night in the informal restaurant. Good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 10th floor of the new section.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
cambridge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed here for 3 days while we visited Cairo. Convenient for all sights. We booked a family room, on arrival they gave us 2 rooms but our children were too young, so they up graded us to a suite which was excellent. Can't fault it plenty of room. We ate in the restaurant on one night, we found the food was poor and not very warm.
The staff were friendly but English was poor. We didn't spend much time here but as our stay was short, great for sights, and airport transfer was about 30 mins. Great location and you can view the Nile from the hotel too. Kids used the pool was always quiet.

• Stayed August 2011
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Stayed here Oct 2011 as family of 5. As others have mentioned, hotel lobby suggests a 5 star, or close to it, but the rooms themselves are really rather dated. They are OK though for a couple of nights, and the hotel was good enough to put us in an enormous suite on the top floor - height being important to get away from the road noise outside. The hotel has several different restaurants, and service is pleasant but the food is slow to come out - something that we found throughout Egypt though. Breakfast buffet is particularly good.

The hotel has two pools, but neither is heated. Plus neither pool is particularly large and they only get the sun for part of the day (being surrounded by high buildings). If, as a tourist, you want a hotel pool to relax by after or before sight-seeing, I would go elsewhere.

Location of the hotel is OK, but it is a cab ride to anywhere. There didn't seem to be any restaurants within walking distance, although we wandered over to the Sofitel (about ten mins on foot) for a drink by the river, which was a beautiful location. The zoo is nearby, which is well worth seeing - especially the feeding of the lions and tigers. It is possible to feed most of the other animals in return for a small payment to the keepers.

Back to the hotel: would we stay there again? No. There is no single reason - and nothing particularly objectionable about any part of the hotel - but a combination of the location and the small, unheated pools would persuade us to look elsewhere for options that suited us better.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on 9th or 10th floors, to try to minimise traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cairo
Ramses Hilton
Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah
City View Hotel
City View Hotel
#22 of 139 in Cairo

Been to Pyramisa Suites Hotel Cairo? Share your experiences!