“Lovely Service...”

Ranked #11 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Singapore, Singapore
“Lovely Service...”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Conrad Cairo would score below average compare to the fine Conrad you can find in some major cities. The room furnitures and bathroom looks a little vintage but all is clean and well maintained. The hotel have all the necessary amenities like ATM machines, money changer and some souvenirs shops at the basement. The classic rooms have nice balcony overlooking the nile. The location is not a walking distance from Tahrir square or the Marriot area.... so you need to walk more than 15 mins if you don't feel like taking a Taxi out for a quick dinner/lunch. I would have to compliment all Conrad Cairo staff... everyone is so polite, friendly & helpful!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ZuLtall
KevinMBrett, General Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor and for your time posting them. We would like to share with you the information that the hotel will go through a full renovation by the end of this year and we hope you would have the chance to see our new rooms. Till then, please accept our sincere regards.
Kevin Brett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have just come back from cairo after spending a few days there a last miniute idea missed conection flight.
I was going to book a hotel chain i use a lot but decided to try the conrad it was booked last miniute on a booking site was given a priceo however on arrival when checking in was charged differently i asked about this i was not in a good frame of mind long day however the staff were great with me it was my mistake not theres but even so they couldnt do enough for me
The staff right from getting out of car were great felt like royaltiy , when arrived at my room i could smell smoke i had booked no smoking room this again was no problem they changed my room in mins.
My room was very very nice good quality everything you could need bathroom extras lots toothpaste and brush, comb, shower gels,hair care lots of nice fluffy white towels .
Bed very comfy lovely pillows would like to have taken home again everything clean and good quality all you need, free safety box free water they will do what they can to make sure you have a happy stay.
We used the swimming pool again service great pool great nice and warm and clean staffput towels on beds and when we were getting out of pool he was there with extra towels for us brilliant there is also sauna and gym free of charge all you need.
Meals breakfast very good choice and all very fresh, there is a good selection of resturants to choose from no need to go out everything here you could need .
There is also shops a bank, hair salon, casino its a must try if you are in cairo its one of the best hotels we have been in for all round service we felt speical all the time we were there.

Room Tip: if you book floors 20-24 you get free use of executive lounge free soft drinks internet printing all...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
KevinMBrett, General Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Thank you so much for the nice comments and for your time posting them on Tripadvisor. It was a great pleasure indeed serving you and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with our colleagues and I am sure this will make them very happy. We look forward to seeing you again in Cairo.
Best Regards
General Manger
Philippeville, Belgium
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Visit of the Conrad Cairo when all the hotels in Cairo were almost empty (late November 2011 during election): no so enjoying since empty, but well managed by all the staff members who were so professional and so friendly.
Conrad Cairo is definitively well located with great view on the Nile.
The Executive floor is enjoying a very nice lounge with a beautiful view from the terrace and all the usual extra offered.
I definitively enjoyed my stay, even if I was feeling alone (less than 10% occupation like all the other hotels in Cairo at the same period)

Room Tip: To book a Nile view at the Executive floor
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your comments on Tripadvisor and for your time posting them. We are very delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Best regards
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I was there for 3 days after my wedding which was held there, lucky me :D
Conrad is like my home i had a great suit in the 14th floor it was wuit a great place to stay,,food is very tasty,,staff really friendly and the hotel over all is super!
I really would choose Conrad over any other hotel in the same leve, try Conrad and you will never regret it you have my word on that

• Stayed July 2011
KevinMBrett, General Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comment and for your time posting it on Tripadvisor. It is great knowing you enjoyed an unforgettable stay with us and we hope you would allow us to add more memorable stays and visit us again. I will share your thanks with my colleagues and I am sure this will make them very happy.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I like this hotel as it is located in front of the river nile, all rooms see the nile, nice open boufee and comfort rooms.

Room Tip: All rooms see the river
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
KevinMBrett, General Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we appreciate your comments and are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to serving you again, till then, please accept our sincere regards.
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Hello guys,

I have spent three days in Conrad hotel [from Feb 11th to Feb 14th, 2012], I can give the following feedback:

- Room was really good, clean but the TV is quite old and need to be updated with new LCD screen.
- Bathroom: is fantastic.
- Restaurant: I tired the Breakfast only, the food was good, view is nice.
- Location: is not bad, but not very good.
- The staff: are friendly and supportive.
- Value for money: is not that much expensive comparing quality to what I already paid.

 The best thing that they did for me they gave me the room at 09:00 am [very early check in, which I really appreciated]

So, general feedback is very good, I recommend it

Enjoy Egypt
Shadi ALBESS

Room Tip: Take a river view.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ShadiALBESS
KevinMBrett, General Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you so much for your review, we so much appreciate our guests' feedback as it helps us maintaining our quality of service and presenting our clients the high standards of service they deserve. On the other side, and concerning the TV sets in the rooms, they will all be replaced with LCDs, as we are moving now to our first phase of the full renovation of the hotel.
Looking forward to hosting you again, in the near future we hope.
Kind regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2012

went in July 2011, 2 nights executive floor room. High floor so great view over the Nile. Room spacious, well equipped, clean, bed very comfy, great bathroom & shower. Access to executive floor private lounge for breakfast, snacks/sandwiches/tapas & drinks all complimentary! Cocktail hour also between 7-8pm .All excellent and treated like a queen ! Staff provided excellent service, helped with train booking, taxis etc . Pool lovely, served with iced water & cool facecloths! Great value. Several restaurants in hotel, ate there both nights, again great food but pricey. Staff recommended taxi driver outside hotel who took us to main attractions in Cairo, door to door & waited for us ! Very reasonable & safe. We felt safe in Cairo doing the tourist sites. Also took Ist class sleeper tourist train from Luxor to Cairo & back, was an experience, safe but not quite my idea of ist class!! Great, trip of a lifetime for us.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends