1,885 results
All reviewsthe executive loungenile viewasian restaurantroom servicebreakfast buffetvery nice hotelspecial thankshouse keepingenjoyed my staybusiness tripegyptian museumfour seasonstahrir squarekamalaconciergemrcorniche
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Stayed at the Conrad Cairo for 3 nights to kick off a week of siteseeing around Egypt. Hotel service is wonderful. Travelled with boyfriend and family - got three rooms on executive floors and had access to executive lounge. There are four restaurants - we ate at two...Jayda the Lebanese restaurant and the breakfast buffet. Both were extremely reasonable for a 5 star hotel. There is also a nightclub / lounge type area but it was not open during our stay. It looked pretty nice though. Also spent a few hours by the pool...

Our rooms were very roomy and great beds / pillows. I think every room has a view of the Nile. They are quite plush and the bathrooms were a good size- seperate tub and shower.

Only negative- wifi / internet was pretty pricey. If I recall correctly it was between 35-40 US dollars per day. There were two computers in the executive lounge that were free for 30 minutes if you had access to it but there was no free wifi.

I'd definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to others. I heard that the Grand Hyatt and Four Seasons would be the other comparable hotels in the area. Also, we were on a private tour so I cant make any suggestions about parking / transportation but a word of advice- if you do not read or speak any arabic, you probably want to travel around Cairo with a tour or guide. The streets are quite chaotic.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2010

This hotel has everything you would expect from a large chain like Hilton.
The location overlooking the Nile is convenient although getting anywhere in Cairo is always a battle against the horrendous traffic.

The service is excellent and rooms are spacious with large bathroom.

Would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2010

PRO: Guest services, staff friendliness, this hotel works very professionaly! The Lebanese restaurant by the pool is also very good. Rooms are spacious and the beds are great as is the shower. Every day complimentary bottles of water are brought to the room. Breakfast buffet is also good but expensive.
CON: during my stay there were 2 restaurants closed for being under construction/renewal. Also the swimming pool is rather small but hey, it's a business hotel so that's not too important. I had a reduced conference rate of 225 USD per night incl. breakfast, in comparison to any other hotel in Cairo this is very overpriced....but then again.... the company pays!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2010

My family (spouse and 2 adult children) enjoyed this hotel while on a National Geographic tour of Egypt and Jordan. We were in a 2 bedroom executive suite. As with most deluxe hotels, the beds were divine. The only impediment to sleep was the noise from the street, especially on Thursday night, which is the night most weddings are held and are celebrated with the endless honking of car horns. The best part of our stay was the food. Given my choice, I would eat at the Felucca Cafe for every meal. Their enormous buffets catered to every taste with delicious Middle Eastern and Western dishes. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Just spent two nights at the Conrad. Great option. We got our rooms during a half price promotion, so it was astonishing value. But even at full price I wouldn't have complained. THe most impressive thing was the morning we left our room safe open by mistake. $1,000 US , 5 passports and a blackberry were sitting there for the taking. We got back from an entire day or touring to find a person from the cleaning staff wating outside our room. They informed us our safe was open and the policy is to lock the room immediately. We had to go down to the front desk to get new keys - giving us more than enough time to imagine the incredible hassle of losing our passports - not to mention the money. After an anxious 5 minutes, we got in, and everything was still there. You've got to admire the honesty and the degree to which the staff stick by the hotel's policies. It was easy to see what was in the safe, the door was wide open. It was probably 6 months salary for the person who saw it. Impressive.

With respect to the rest of hte hotel - great comfortable beds, kids loved the pool, and breakfast was very good. Location is a bit out of the town centre, which probably jsut makes it a bit quieter. Good Nile views. Watch out for the internet rates though. Why do hotels insist on this kind of rip off?

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family