“We wanted to live here forever!”

Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We came here for a honeymoon, 5 nights in July. Got upgraded automatically to 24th floor with a great view over the Nile and you can see the pyramids (from a bit of a scary balcony). Room was amazing air con was good, bed was very comfy and big. They give you free bottles of water in the morning. Free Wifi was quite weak in the room, but got it to work. Not a problem at all using it in the lobby. The lobby was nice to relax in, in the evening with various musicians every night.

What an amazing hotel, everything was immaculate, clean and modern. There is a nice walkway on the Nile in the hotel - little birds sat with us by the River at breakfast and the boats go right by the island! Excellent breakfast buffet and staff were great (Walid at brekkie, worth a mention for his cheerful face) - staff were helpful and gave me paper bags in the morning to pack some stuff to go. There were a few good places to eat in the evening (went to Kebabgy twice).

To be honest, I could say a lot more about this hotel. Originally I wanted to go to the Marriott, we popped in there and then I was so happy that my other half booked us into the Sofitel instead. We really would love to go back, and gutted that we had to leave!

Room Tip: Make sure you mention you are on your honeymoon - may get an upgrade!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank she2112
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear Our Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure having the chance to have you with us.

We are glad to hear you fully enjoyed your experience at the hotel. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

We all look forward to be of service to you once again at Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah.

Sincerely yours,

Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah

Reviewed 18 October 2012

My family and I stayed 3 nights and we were fully satisfied. Friendly and helpful staff, fantastic breakfast buffet, relaxing pool area, great location with marvelous nile view. There is really nothing we could complain about it. The room was also spacious enough to have an additional bed for my daughter.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Adrian H

Bonjour Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for taking the time to write to us. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

Sincerely yours,

Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I found the hotel is in a very beautiful location. I am a member of the SPAl GYM and after a workout I like to relax in the coffee shop "cafe sud" at least 5 times a week. This is the only place where I feel very comfertable and relaxed is in the coffee shop. This is due to the attention of the staff of this outlet, in particularly Hassan and Mohamed, waiters working there. Secretly I do believe that the SPA and the coffee shop have a thing going on as I work out for 2 hours and Hassan of course offers you sweets with your coffeee hence plunging me into an endless circle which I enjoy very much.
They make your worries disappear.They talk to us and share events from our life, they became friends. When I first started going there I use to go for the coffee however after just a short time I go for the coffee plus to see people that have become my friends, Hassan and Mohamed.

If you are not a guest at the hotel you should still go over there and try out Cafe Sud, visit Hassan and Mohamed and enjoy there hospitality.

One negative comment however is that there is a restaurant next door and the loud manner in which the staff communicate with each other accross the room really dampers the atmosphere.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank irene e

Bonjour!

First of all thank you for your nice comment, the Sofitel Cairo- El Gezirah team as well as the hotel management will be looking forward to your next visit.

Cordially,

Sofitel Cairo- El Gezirah

Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

Everything you would expect of a 5 star hotel. Compliments on the breakfast buffet, friendly staff and greetings in Italian. Very friendly and helpful concierge.

Have to rip the main terrace bar to shreds. 3 times in a row had very disappointing service. Do not expect to wait 25 minutes for a drink at a hotel of this calibre. Most disappointingly was the bar manager seemed to have a very unfriendly unhelpful attitude.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Derek W
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Dear Our Valued Guest,

This is just a short note to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience, which unfortunately had some negative points. Reading your review we were very distressed to see that we failed to reach your expectations in regard to your Bar experience.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations with regard to some points of your stay, rest assured that your comments were forwarded to the departments concerned for investigation to ensure that this misfortunate incidents will never reoccur, please accept our sincerest apologies.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience caused to you, which I hope will not deter you from using Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah for your future stays.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

I STAYED FOR 2 DAYS AT CAIRO SOFITEL HOTEL IN SEPTEMBER AND EVERYTHING WAS VERY GOOD.THE STAFF VERY POLIT AND CLEAN. ROOMS VIEW TOWARDS NILE RIVER EXCELLENT AND AROUND HOTEL VERY NICE FOR SEATING AND RELAXING.BREAKFAST AND SERVICES VERY GOOD.THANKS ALL STAFFS.. Ask for a room on a high floor, from 10th up, to better enjoy the view. The location of this hotel was excellent, situated directly on the Nile.Smiling faces every where., specially on theclub lounge staff will make you feel happy all the time they are starving in serving their guests .

Room Tip: "ROOMS TOWARD NILE RIVER GOOD VIEW".in higher floors view are very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Our Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for sharing your thoughts of Sofitel Cairo- El Gezirah with others guests’ on the tripadvisor.

We were very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

Please rest assured that your detailed feedback has been very influential in the urge to improve to receive such positive comments.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity once again to serve you in the very near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed at the El Gezirah for 3 nights and found everything in the hotel very good. The staff were friendly and very helpful,breakfast buffet was very extensive and use of the business centre for free (quick emails)was very handy. We needed a harder mattress and we found the reception staff really great in relocating us. To sit outside and have coffee or a meal by the Nile is a wonderful experience with all the colourful boats and music happening around you.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Sports Centre are quieter and the other side has views of the pyramids if high e...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 September 2012

The hotel is nice from the inside, however, the staff are not friendly at all. we had to stay waiting a long time on the reception until someone was free to talk to us.
The rooms are quiet nice , the bathrooms are clean but unfortunately the Toilet seat in our room was not clean for a 5 stars hotel.

Room Tip: high level rooms are best Nile view is preferred
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business