“It's comfortable to live there !”

Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Sofitel is an amazing hotel !
Special thanks for :
Jehan - reception
Ali and Samah - housekeeping
Sherief - the manager of the rooms
Jeraldin - sport center

Sport center is the most important place in any hotel, and I think on sofitel this place is very important because there are many people come especially to enjoy being in such a place.
Also, the swimming pool, I always spend most of the time of my day there. It is amazing, an the service there is beyond the word amazing!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Esmael1234
911Iman, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure having the chance to have you with us.

We are glad to hear you fully enjoyed your experience at the hotel and it’s Ambassadors. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

We all look forward to be of service to you once again at Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The location is great and the Nile view is stunning. I stayed coupld of nights at floor 18 and I got a room with club access it was a good choise. I went to Alexandria and stayed again for another night but I chose a normal room I was lucky to get upgdraded to a suite at level 25 which was awesome!

Be careful from taxi scammers. Cairo white taxis should all have meters but the ones available near the hotel don’t use them and charges more than triple the normal price.
Walk to the main road and get a taxi from the street heading to the Opera house to get a fair rate.

Kababji restaurant at the hotel is a must try.

Room Tip: I recommend staying at high levels to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rasha y

Bonjour!

First of all thank you for your nice comment. The whole Sofitel Cairo- El Gezirah team, as well as the hotel management will be looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My job in the leisure industry takes me many places and makes me stay in luxury hotels worldwide.

I truly cannot remember being touched by the warmth & the friendliness of the staff in a hotel like this hotel. Especially the Maestro of the executive Lounge Mr Mohamad Abdel El Moneam for his outstanding skills & professionalism. As well as Gamal at the Moroccan restaurant for his kind hospitality.

I look forward to returning to this rather ‘’home’’ than a hotel by end of this year and where you can stay for days without even leaving the hotel & meeting who became our friends rather than staff.

The only change I hope to see by then is an update to the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MaxDaoudi

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah for your recent visit to Cairo.

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing with us your feedback and letting us know about your recent visit. To receive such praise from our guest is very gratifying and knowing that you enjoyed so much the facilities, view and service is a reward in itself.

Your positive feedback has been shared with the team, which will encourage them to continue their efforts in this direction.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity once again to serve you in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I'm not staying in the hotel, but attended a dinner at its Egyptian restaurant, Kebabgy for the second time, this time is a set menu for Ramadan, it is quite awful, there is dead bugs floating on the orange juice and on the plates as well, the main course is the barbecue with all sorts of meat, it is good, and that's all, all side dishes are plain pre-made and some wrapped in plastics, others are in open air, the dessert is a horrendously assortment of four nameless duds. and they also charge a lot for open a bottle of wine which we bring, I feel extorted under the name of religion, not worth the money at all, especially not in Ramadan season, the only merit is the nice location it hogs, I will seriously defer my third time and dissuade my friends here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure having the chance to have you with us. I am extremely sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations for this visit, please accept my sincerest apologist.

After reading your review, we have conducted a thorough investigation of your reporting unfortunately Ramadan Iftars should be a preset menu due to the number of guests’ that dine all together at the same time, but this does not mean that the quality of food differs from the normal days as the Hotel’s Kebabgy renowned Restaurant has its own food preparation standards, this incident was a result of a misunderstanding due to cultural differences.

Let me seize this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention, as honest opinion and constructive criticism is the only way that would enable us to improve and meet our guests expectations.

Once again my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for more than 7 days..The location of this hotel is too good. It's next to Nile river with an outstanding view.
The hotel scores more than 100 percent on
- quality of rooms and interiors
- quality of sleep
- break fast has good spread..
Naseer(person in charge ) really takes
care. of you
- helpful staff . Even management trainee staff are so well behaved.
- quality & quantity of food,
- hotel entrance lobby is grand
- lovely riverside seating arrangement.

I only had bad experience with SUD restaurant in which one person by name ( not sure Arafa Abdullah) but when I reported this to Duty manager mossod and to Mr Saad, it was taken care.

I would to make special mention of Mr Saad who ensured that my stay in hotel is very comfortable. He personally took interest to iron out minor issues and made the stay very very pleasant.

This hotel is dream... I will stay here next time

Overall experience is outstanding it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah for your recent visit to Cairo.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I Enjoyed my stay in Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah for the last three months,

Spent a lovely time from the best view in Cairo city specially from 23rd floor
Also never forget the Kebabgy restaurant with the best oriental food

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank mada911
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Bonjour!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

When I booked my room, I purchased an upgrade of a "full Nile view". However, when I arrived in my room, this was not the case and I had to ask to be moved. If this is an upgrade advertised and purchased, then it should be respected. The room was nice and clean and the new view was as expected.

Later that evening, my friend and I spoke to the concierge about booking a tour of the pyramids. Our biggest concern was that we understood up front what was and was NOT included in the tour we booked. Our experiences earlier that day in other places in Cairo helped us understand that it was important to know since an admission ticket doesn't necessarily cover everything. We were told the price we were paying included EVERYTHING except for lunch. We asked if that included going inside pyramids and were told yes. Based on that information, we pulled out enough money from the ATM accordingly.

The tour was lovely until we got to the large pyramids in Giza only to find out that going inside the pyramids was NOT included in our tour. We only had enough Egyptian pounds for 1 ticket, not 2. Imagine going all the way to Egypt to see the pyramids and then having a huge part of your trip ruined because of misinformation by a concierge. We were lucky that the ticket officer was willing to take US Dollars which we had with us (thank goodness), but I was furious that we asked the concierge that specific question and were given the wrong information. When we spoke to the same concierge later, he denied what he'd said the day before. There was no apology, no admittance to what had happened, nor any acknowledgement that there was a mistake and that steps would be taken so that the same thing didn't happen to others.

When you pay a high price for a luxury hotel, you want a luxury experience. The Sofitel in Cairo was very disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank marinabug
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure having the chance to have you with us. I am extremely sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations for this stay, please accept my sincerest apologist.

Referring to the Pyramids tour fees, please be informed that your goodselves were offered the half day tour that includes (Transportation, Tickets, and Guide fees), this includes only the Pyramids area entrance fees and not inside the Pyramids themselves, I am sorry that this was not made clear to your goodselves by our Concierge team member.

Nevertheless, as your comments are very valued to us, the hotel’s Director of Rooms Division is presently reassessing all training needs for his team for all what concerns your comments to enhance our guests’ experiences.

Sincerely Yours,