“A cozy atmosphere along the Nile”

Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah
Ranked #4 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Cairo, Egypt
“A cozy atmosphere along the Nile”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Me and my daughters spent a night in the Imperial Suite.
Our butler, Mohamed Abd El Moneam, was like a wizard, thanks to him all our wishes were fulfilled with the utmost care and excellence.
Even though it is quite a big and luxurious hotel, we loved the fact that you could always find a nice and cozy corner where you could enjoy a relaxing atmosphere, or you could take a stroll along the Nile without leaving the hotel area.
Staying at this hotel you don´t need to worry about the food as the hotel has a wide choice of good restaurants, that will satisfy every taste.

As I live in Cairo and have visited other luxurious hotels by the Nile, I truly recommend the Sofitel as it is a realxing and safe oasis in the heart of Cairo, with excellent service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah for your recent visit to Cairo.

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing with us your feedback and letting us know about your recent visit. To receive such praise from our guest is very gratifying and knowing that you enjoyed so much the facilities, view and service is a reward in itself.

Your positive feedback has been shared with the team, which will encourage them to continue their efforts in this direction.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity once again to serve you in the very near future.

Sincerely yours,

Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
SF
Reviewed 19 August 2014

For the unbelievable price I paid for a one night "getaway," this place was a major disappointment. There was a general nervous and paranoid energy that filled the atmosphere. The staff (excepting Tarik the concierge,) must be Four Seasons rejects, as they made us feel unloved and uncomfortable. Our room reeked of Drakkar Noir. The pool guys stalked us and refolded towels obsessively and doled out strange rules via TV messages rather than in-person or with kindness. The fancy dinner was a strange sushi overdone buffet that focused entirely on display over good taste.

I will say the view we had from our balcony (which naturally had no chairs,) was stunning. The setting along the Nile is amazing...the restaurants' situation was gorgeous.

If you are a Saudi businessman with little regard for value for money, this might be a good choice. If you are an American and know what good service is, keep scrolling down through your hotel choices! Best of luck.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel. However, if you do stay, insist upon a higher level, facing the pyramids.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ElizabethFromSF
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure having the chance to have you with us. I am extremely sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations for this stay, please accept my sincerest apologist.

It is indeed a concern that you feel the services offered was not up to the expected fine standards; we will of course take this very seriously and rectify any unusual shortfalls that may have occurred during your stay.

Let me seize this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention, as honest opinion and constructive criticism is the only way that would enable us to improve and meet our guests expectations.

Sincerely Yours,

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Our friend works as part of the management team there at the Sofitel. He invited us to use the spa and pool for the day and gave us a room to store our things and to change before dinner. The room had a great view overlooking the Nile. Everything was clean. The bed was comfortable enough to nap on. The spa was great. Having a massage made the aches and inconveniences of travel melt away. This was a lovely gift. We loved the views from the lobby. For dinner, we ate in one of the hotel's Moroccan restaurants. We tried multiple tasting selections from the menu. I must say I was impressed with the food, service and the nighttime ambiance. The only nuisance is the disco/party boats zooming by on the Nile with their music blaring. Other than that, we enjoyed being guests here.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Robert L
911Iman, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Esteemed Guest,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for sharing your thoughts of Sofitel Cairo- El Gezirah with others guests’ on the tripadvisor. Your feedback will be influential in improving your experience on your next stay.

We are glad to hear you fully enjoyed your experience at Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

Cordially;

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Sofitel is an amazing hotel !
Special thanks for :
Jehan - reception
Ali and Samah - housekeeping
Sherief - the manager of the rooms
Jeraldin - sport center

Sport center is the most important place in any hotel, and I think on sofitel this place is very important because there are many people come especially to enjoy being in such a place.
Also, the swimming pool, I always spend most of the time of my day there. It is amazing, an the service there is beyond the word amazing!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Esmael1234
Dear Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure having the chance to have you with us.

We are glad to hear you fully enjoyed your experience at the hotel and it’s Ambassadors. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

We all look forward to be of service to you once again at Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah.

Sincerely yours,

Al Muharraq, Bahrain
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The location is great and the Nile view is stunning. I stayed coupld of nights at floor 18 and I got a room with club access it was a good choise. I went to Alexandria and stayed again for another night but I chose a normal room I was lucky to get upgdraded to a suite at level 25 which was awesome!

Be careful from taxi scammers. Cairo white taxis should all have meters but the ones available near the hotel don’t use them and charges more than triple the normal price.
Walk to the main road and get a taxi from the street heading to the Opera house to get a fair rate.

Kababji restaurant at the hotel is a must try.

Room Tip: I recommend staying at high levels to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Rasha y
Bonjour!

First of all thank you for your nice comment. The whole Sofitel Cairo- El Gezirah team, as well as the hotel management will be looking forward to your next visit.

Cordially,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My job in the leisure industry takes me many places and makes me stay in luxury hotels worldwide.

I truly cannot remember being touched by the warmth & the friendliness of the staff in a hotel like this hotel. Especially the Maestro of the executive Lounge Mr Mohamad Abdel El Moneam for his outstanding skills & professionalism. As well as Gamal at the Moroccan restaurant for his kind hospitality.

I look forward to returning to this rather ‘’home’’ than a hotel by end of this year and where you can stay for days without even leaving the hotel & meeting who became our friends rather than staff.

The only change I hope to see by then is an update to the rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MaxDaoudi
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah for your recent visit to Cairo.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I'm not staying in the hotel, but attended a dinner at its Egyptian restaurant, Kebabgy for the second time, this time is a set menu for Ramadan, it is quite awful, there is dead bugs floating on the orange juice and on the plates as well, the main course is the barbecue with all sorts of meat, it is good, and that's all, all side dishes are plain pre-made and some wrapped in plastics, others are in open air, the dessert is a horrendously assortment of four nameless duds. and they also charge a lot for open a bottle of wine which we bring, I feel extorted under the name of religion, not worth the money at all, especially not in Ramadan season, the only merit is the nice location it hogs, I will seriously defer my third time and dissuade my friends here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure having the chance to have you with us. I am extremely sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations for this visit, please accept my sincerest apologist.

After reading your review, we have conducted a thorough investigation of your reporting unfortunately Ramadan Iftars should be a preset menu due to the number of guests’ that dine all together at the same time, but this does not mean that the quality of food differs from the normal days as the Hotel’s Kebabgy renowned Restaurant has its own food preparation standards, this incident was a result of a misunderstanding due to cultural differences.

Once again my most sincere apologies.

Cordially,