“Great location, hospitality is amongst the best in Egypt.”

Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza
Ranked #1 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
UK
“Great location, hospitality is amongst the best in Egypt.”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I love this hotel. Its location makes you feel really connected to The Nile and Cairo city. Our preference is for 20th floor rooms with Nile views. The balconies are very comfortable and it always thrills me to watch the river, busy bridges and sweeping views of the city and pyramids, all from one room.

The rooms are on par with The Fairmont Towers at the airport (another favourite) but the views make this hotel unbeatable. The best thing of all are the staff. They are accommodating and service is impressive. The Four Seasons Nile Plaza has a great spa and gym too. The outdoor pools can be chilly in winter but the indoor one is warm and inviting. Little touches - like water, apples, slippers, robes and towels are abundant and appreciated.

Breakfast is good here. Room Service and food, are not as good as other hotels/restaurants in Cairo but satisfactory. Housekeeping staff are keen and efficient. This is a hotel that makes guests feel at home straight away. We can't wait to return. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: Even views from the back of the hotel have stunning Citidel views. Higher rooms give better views, o...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sunrise E
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza.

We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our hotel. It was also a great pleasure to read your appreciative words about our staff. We are proud of our employees who take extra steps to ensure that our guests' needs are met, and who provide the quality of service we promise.

We would like to thank you again for assisting us in improving our products and facilities through your constructive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York City
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Sorry for the late review. I stayed here in early Aug 2010. I totally forgot to write my review.

This is the place to stay when in Cairo. It is worth every single penny. I was in Cairo for vacay and a business dinner. The hotel is in a great location. The property caters to foreigners. After talking to my colleague who lives in Cairo, he said it is rare that Egyptians stay at the property. He mentioned that because there are many foreigners at the property, they take security very seriously. The tourist police are outside to help you cross the street (you really do take you life in your hands when trying to cross a busy street in Cairo). The hotel also has security and you have to go through a metal detector when entering.

I didn't use the pool. But, I did go look at it. It looked very inviting.

I stopped by the hair dresser because I wanted to get my hair done. But, there was too much of a language barrier so I decided to pass on getting my hair done. I needed my hair straightened and I only use certain hair products.

Now...to the room. The room looks just like the pictures. My mother and I had a room overlooking the Nile with two twin beds. I was disappointed about the twin bed. I felt like I was back in college. But, the bed was comfy and the room was very nice. The bathroom is beautiful. I wanted to pick up the bathroom and take it back home with me.

We had breakfast everyday at the property. They have a wonderful buffet. There is so much food that you just don't know what to eat. The OJ is delish. It is fresh squeezed daily and tastes so much better than any OJ I have ever had.

Long and short...I would def stay here again and you should too.

Room Tip: I expect all the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank AD2265
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor!

It is so gratifying to read your kind words about Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza. We are delighted to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our staff as well as our different facilities. I will be sure to share everything with the entire team. We hope to constantly strive on exceeding your demands and expectations.

We would be thrilled to have you back any time and thank you for your recommendation.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights in Jan 2013. Due to low volume of tourists we were upgraded to a
suite with Nile views. The feel of the suite was new, quality , spacious, spotless, with a large balcony with a day bed , table and chairs. Unfortunately we did not use the balcony as the weather was cold and we were unlucky enough to get 2 days of rain. In favourable weather it would have been great. The flower arrangement at the entrance was beautiful, staff were friendly and service good. The buffet breakfast was good. To say the traffic when leaving and comming back to the hotel was horrendous is an understatement. The bar was a great place to relax after a long day sightseeing and battling the unbelievable Cairo traffic. Only beef....why
does one still need to pay for WiFi in upmarket hotels?

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank krisd57
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Nile Plaza following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our hotel. It was also a pleasure to read your appreciative words about our service and various facilities. We are proud of our employees who take extra steps to ensure that our guests' needs are met, and who provide the quality of service we promise.

Your comment about complimentary Wi-Fi will be taken into consideration.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you again at Nile Plaza.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 February 2013

This is a great hotel when visiting Cairo, Egypt. The staff is very nice and the hotel is clean. Not the most up to date, but compared to other hotels in Egypt that I have stayed in, very nice. The location is very convenient.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank econ T
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing Nile Plaza!

We are delighted to learn that your visit was a comfortable and an enjoyable one and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our staff.

Thank you again for taking the time to write and share your comments with us. We hope to constantly strive on exceeding your demands and expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back to Nile Plaza in the near future.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We arrived and planned to stay for 2 weeks but ended staying three weeks even though the situation was fluid. When we entered the hotel we were greeting with beautiful displays of exotic flowers. The flower arrangement was simply amazing.

The night limousine drivers (haitham and Hassan) who sent and fetched us were excellent. If one wants a taxi the concierge was more than happy to find us one and provided us with a slip of paper which had the registration number of the cab( someone that proved useful for our safety and is useful when taxi drivers try to cheat tourists ).

The breakfast was amazing..wide variety, friendly waiters and chefs who made great pancakes. The indoor pool was very nice but the outside lap pool was too narrow and needs cleaning although I think it was due the weather which was windy and the wind blew any matter of things into the pool.

Although we were first put in a room of the city, we later were transferred to a room overlooking the Nile. The scene was amazing..we also had a view of the"activity" between the people and the police from the safety our balcony.

Our three week stay there was amazing. My only complaint would be that there is no waiting area in the lobby. What seemed to be a lobby lounge turned out to be a lobby restaurant where outside guests or your friends could not sit and wait for you unless they order something to eat or drink,We also did not a night titbit (chocolate etc) on our pillow which is quite a standard in five star hotels.

However, overall I had a pleasant stay in Cairo

Room Tip: Ask for the Nile view.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your thoughtful feedback about Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza. Your praise made us proud of what we do here and have inspired us to continue to strive for excellence.

It was very kind of you to write in details everything you enjoyed about our hotel and our employees for their excellent service and attention to your needs. We take a great pride in the warmth and sincerity of our people. We appreciate your recognition of our efforts and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Nile Plaza.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I am a travel agent and this was my first stay at a Four Seasons. I had the opportunity to view both properties in Cairo, and both are stunning.

I stayed at the Nile Plaza location and was very impressed. My room was a delight, the view from my balcony was stunning and I couldn't pull myself away from the balcony during sunset!

The concierge was not only helpful with providing us with a converter and adapter, but they made friendly conversation while we figured out the situation. House keeping was also very nice, and courteous. I was in awe over the breakfast variety, there was SO much to chose from and many healthy options which is very important to me!

The property itself is stunning. I did not have time to use the spa facilities, however I wish I could have.

I had high expectations as I mentioned this was my first stay at a Four Seasons, and they did exceed it.

My only negative I have to say is in regards to 2 things, with 1 out of my control. I do not like smoke or smoke indoors, and that kept me from spending any extra time in the lobby due to the smokers (this is out of my control). My second is that there is no free Wi-Fi. I would assume in a 5 Star property such as the Four Seasons you would extend such a small amenity as free Wi-Fi, however that is not the case here. I was disappointed with that.

Other than that I had a wonderful stay, enjoyed the hospitality and would absolutely stay again, and recommend to my clients.

Room Tip: Definitely ask/reserve a Nile View. If you are going for a suite, they have walkouts and juliette ba...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your thoughtful comments about Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza!

We are very pleased to learn that you had a memorable Four Seasons Experience. We shared your comments with our staff. There is, after all, no better motivation than your words of praise for a job well done.

Please rest assured that your comment regarding Wi-Fi has been taken into account.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Nile Plaza in the near future.
Midlands
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Stayed at the hotel in August 2012 (24th-27th). What can I say. It is amazing. I've stayed nearly in every 5* hotel in Cairo, as a regular visitor to the city. This one was exceptional. Even I wanted to use their function room with a less than 12 hours notice, and it was no problem at all. They managed to get me the person responsible, discussed the options, the catering,...etc and it was cheaper than doing it in a simple restaurant!
Checking in was only seconds. Upgraded me to Nile view with little extra. Rooms were spotless clean. I've asked for changing the beddings, the room service came in less than 5 minutes with a smile and apology for the delay! I've had a simple problem with wireless internet, the engineer came in less than3 minutes! I thought these guys are waiting outside my room that was in the 20th floor!.
The breakfast was the best I've ever experienced in Cairo. If you would like to enjoy Cairo, stay at Fur Season. My next stay is to try their resort in Giza and Sharm. Looking forward to it
With all the trouble in Cairo at that time, going back to the hotel makes you feel you are in a different world.Thank you to the excelent staff. Very well done.

Room Tip: Higher floors and see view to enjoy it better
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank aldermoor
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you for the great review about Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza.

We are truly delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our hotel.

It was also a pleasure to read your appreciative words about our staff, I will be sure to convey your kind compliments to them. We are proud of our employees who take extra steps to ensure that our guests' needs are met, and who provide the quality of service we promise.

We value your recommendation and looking forward to welcoming you back to Nile Plaza soon.