“Outstanding staff”

Ranked #1 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Noosa, Australia
“Outstanding staff”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We recently spent 5 nights in Cairo, the initial stage of a longer visit. Firstly I urge anyone considering visiting this wonderful country to come NOW, as it is as safe as any country can be, and the lack of tourists, while tragic for the Egyptians, is of course a marvellous opportunity for those that do come, because the sites are without crowds.
The hotel is what you would expect physically from this company, spectacular lobby and public areas, and bland but spacious rooms. What I felt set the property apart, was it's outstanding staff. Everyone from the doorman, to housekeeping to restaurant waitstaff to Front Office were welcoming, smiling and seemed genuinely warm and friendly (quite different to the Old Cataract in Aswan, I can assure you!), even the man on the end of the phone for Room Service was unfailingly pleasant every time we called.
The food in both the beautiful Chinese restaurant (what a glorious creation this is), the Italian restaurant and the breakfast restaurant was excellent - faultless.
One problem however, the soundproofing in the rooms is poor, not from outside noise, but from the corridor and adjoining rooms. We, unfortunately, were there during a wedding, and the noise in the corridors from 1am made sleep impossible. We called Security twice to have them try and sort things out, to no great effect. Maybe Management should consider allocating non wedding party guests to other floors, as this really was a problem. Also, beware of taxis that don't turn the meter on. A "rogue" driver tried to tell us that the trip to our restaurant would be 70E£ and the meter was not necessary. We told him we would not pay this amount, only what was on the meter. We asked to be taken back to the hotel, he refused. It became seriously unpleasant, he locked the doors to the cab, and only opened them when we handed over 50E£ - leaving us in a side street. Fortunately another taxi came along, and we eventually arrived at El Sid. Incidentally, the trip back to the hotel was 8E£. We always payed the taxis at least 20E£, so it is not that we are cheap! The hotel offered to get the money back, but we hoped that the driver is banned from servicing guests in future. I mention this, because I see from an earlier post that this has occurred before.
So, please visit wonderful Egypt, you will be safe and the people will charm you.

Stayed March 2014
Olivier M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear LizandAlb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our beautiful Hotel the Four Seasons Cairo at Nile Plaza on TripAdvisor.
It’s wonderful to hear that you had the chance to experience the situation in Egypt at first hand and that you felt as safe as you would be in any other country and it sounds like you were able to enjoy the different amazing sights in Cairo and had the time to experience our facilities during your stay at our Hotel, from dining at Eight restaurant, Bella, Zitouni restaurant and Room Service!
More than anything, however, I am thrilled that you found the hospitality and professionalism of our staff to be top notch and will be sure to convey your kind words to them.
I was really sorry to learn of the incident occurred with you, please rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously in order to avoid such incidents in the future. Regarding your comment about wedding rooms allocation , I would like to inform you that your suggestion has been taken in consideration and that we have already implemented it as of now.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you soon at Nile Plaza.

Warmest regards,
Olivier Masson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were welcomed by the staff right from the entrance until we got to our rooms, staff were very courteous and helpful, allocated us good room overlooking the Nile, the room was spacious and clean, the service was very good by all staff, At the entrance the flowers display are beautiful. Over all we enjoyed my stay

Room Tip: Look for rooms facing the Nile, they are gorgeous
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear AlJwoder,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to review Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza.
I'm delighted to know that you were pleased with the hospitality and professionalism of our team members as well as the various hotel facilities. Also I appreciate your nice words regarding the flowers display at Hotel.
We appreciate your recognition of our efforts and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Nile Plaza in the near future.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed more than 25 nights in the last 6 month, Fours seasons Nile Plaza Excellent location, Friendly staff (Khaled Night manager-Amira room service-sherif & Marina reception-Ahmed ismail house keeping, all well friendly, smiling with Excellent approach, nice rooms with excellent views, Good restaurants, excellent food and nice bar, My overall experience at four seasons Nile plaza was extremely excellent. my sincere Thanks for the hotel team and my special thanks to the general manager for leading the team to achieve this result well done.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Wael79,

I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback following your stay with us here at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza.
Our goal is always to exceed our guests' expectations and your comment is an evidence of our belief. I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed an excellent Four Seasons experience with us and that you were pleased with the level of service provided by our team as well as our various facilities. I will make sure to convey your kind compliments to all our team members.
Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks for sharing your feedback with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Nile Plaza in the near future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the four seasons for 2 nights, it also the same venue for a reception I hosted. Great and impeccable service right from arrival to departure

Stunning views over the city (in my case) and you could also have a view of the Nile. The staff go beyond and above to ensure your stay is memorable

I tried 2 of their restaurants and enjoyed. The concierge, Yasser, comes highly recommended. After a taxi driver almost ripped me off, he made sure to find him and return my money to me. On a rainy day's visit to the pyramids, he worked with housing keeping to get me a jacket for free.

It was just wow and I plan on returning. Thanks for an excellent stay

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Olivier M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Ralph N,

It was very kind of you to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza.
I'm delighted to know that you had an excellent stay with us and that you enjoyed the view from your room as well as the Hotel facilities, furthermore that our staff left you with lasting and positive impressions. I will make sure to share your kind compliments with Yasser and the Team.
Once again, many thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us. We hope to constantly exceed your expectations and looking forward to welcoming you back.

Jeddah
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed in this hotel from Feb 12 to 15, 2014. I could only say that my overall experience was extremely excellent. The whole staff from door man, Mohammed in the reception, team who served me during my breakfast time and also the person who cleaned my room have been all very welcoming, pleasant and a real example of customer oriented team. Im recommending this cozy hotel to anyone who would like to visit Cairo and experience a true sense of top serve. its really like feeling home ..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Olivier M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear tmiliany,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.
I'm truly delighted to know that you had an excellent Four Seasons experience and that you felt at home with us here at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza. Your complimenting words about our team professionalism and hospitality made us all proud of what we do here and have inspired us to continue to strive for excellence. I will also be sure to share your kind comments with Mohammed and the team.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us and looking forward to welcoming you back to Nile Plaza soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I really enjoy the way Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza staff treats me, they make me feel very cozy and welcome, however not in a way that would make me feel uncomfortable. I spent my last birthday at the hotel, so when I arrived the night before, everyone just kept wishing me a happy bd, and when I went into my room, I was surprised to find a bd cake and a letter from the hotel wishing me a happy bd, the same happened upon my check out, as the reception staff wished me again a happy bd, that was really nice, and I appreciated that so much. Spa staff is very helpful and cooperative, and offer many services that keeps me wanting to come back for more relaxing and memorable experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Olivier M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Mahmoud A,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza.

I'm truly delighted to know that you enjoyed your birthday with us and furthermore that our staff left you with lasting and positive impressions. Your praise made us all proud of what we do here and have inspired us to continue to strive for excellence.

There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you will always come back for more memorable experiences! Looking forward to your next visit!

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was attending a family wedding
Great staff service location
Had breakfast..the omelets were nice and the bakery fresh but some trays were empty

I dont know what else to say. I have to go over 200 characters