“My Cousins's Wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles

Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza
Ranked #1 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
“My Cousins's Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was by far the most delightful experience for my cousin's wedding. Her son got married in the Plaza Ballroom and everything was absolutely perfect. The food was amazing and the service was excellent. The wedding was "full house" as they say, but nobody felt it. The center pieces on the tables were so beautiful and the lights in the room was managed very well, sometimes high and sometimes low according to what was happening at that time. The sound system and music was really great:)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Olivier M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Noha K,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent experience here at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza. it’s a delight to hear that you had such a delightful experience and we’re honored to have been able to celebrate such a wonderful occasion with you and your family. I will be sure to share your compliments regarding the amazing wedding buffet, our beautiful flowers arrangement and the great service you received with our entire Hotel team.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to your return – and we hope it will be soon!

Olivier Masson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I did not stay in this hotel. Was in Cairo on an extended official and after the local sailing boat ride couldn't resist going in for lunch - it's right across the road. My colleague and I had lunch at Bella the Italian restaurant. From the time we entered the service was exceptional. The food was great, we were served a complimentary pizza - the crispiest and thinnest I have had in ages- delicious too. The linguine was exceptional and the wine amazing (an Egyptian red). The server at our table- Gerges (pronounced George) was a person who knew the menu and great words to offer all the time. Coaxed us to try a dessert which he said was the best and we were not disappointed. Some of the decisions he took - apart from indicating great service- showed the high level of delegation in the hotel- which is very hard to come by- everyone wants to check with the boss.

Next trip to Cairo, I am staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Olivier M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear MKash,

It’s always a pleasure having you with us, and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the exceptional service of our Team as well as our delicious Italian creations at Bella restaurant, and I’m so glad that Gerges was able to take such great care of you during lunch. I will be sure to share your compliments with Bella Team and I look forward to welcoming you to the Nile Plaza during your next trip to Cairo.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This property is good....and you need GOOD for Cairo. At least. It's a nice place, but if you want to FEEL like you are in Egypt, I'm thinking maybe investigate their other property or (even better) the Sofitel. You need one of these luxury properties because Egypt isn't 'right' just yet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SafariSnob
Dear Shelane N,

Thank you for taking the time to review Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza following your recent stay with us.
It is through the feedback of our guests that we can best improve our facilities and services, so I thank you for pointing out that we did not meet your expectation in terms of authentic Egyptian atmosphere at the Hotel. I assure you that your comment has been taken into account and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Nile Plaza in the near future to regain your trust and confidence.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The 4 star rating is based solely on the exceptional service I received from their Cairo airport concierge and the magnificent limousine driver that returned me to cairo airport. Everything after that was very ordinary.

Information I received on check in regarding dining options was inconsistent and patchy. 2 entirely and contradictory pieces of information from 2 different members of staff. I went to dine at the lobby. There was a chilli burger on the menu. I asked for just a plain burger. Was told not possible but could have same in room. Amazed. The premier nile view room was magnificent. Fantastic views of the river. In room service which I used a lot was efficient with very good service and the quality of food good.The in room menu with regard to the full breakfast was disappointing with additional charges for a cereal of choice. Water a chargeable item at breakfast given free at turndown. In my honest opinion to charge for water in a city as hot as Cairo given small stores to purchase same are not anywhere near the hotel is mean spirited. To charge for water at the swimming pool is effectively a surcharge on the use of that facility given that it would be most unwise to stay there any length of time without drinking water.

No added extras in the room not a piece of fruit to be seen beside the welcome card from the general manager with the reassurance that they hope to exceed your expectations. I payed my final bill a few hours before check out. Big fuss created about changing 200 LE ( for tips) told my bags would be collected at 8pm, had to phone down at 8-15 pm no sign of anyone.

I loved the overall atmosphere. Dinner at the pool in the evening courteous friendly and engaging. The location for the view could not be matched and the staff polite but very distant. I used the spa the therapist was excellent the facility average and the problem I encountered was dealt with in a most efficient manner by the duty manager. Given the brand and comfort of the facility it was good, but seriously some staff need to up their game to the highest standards of service delivered by your airport concierge and most excellent limousine driver who returned me to cairo airport. People who choose a four seasons product are entitled to experience your reassurance of exceeding expectations. You met some but disappointed in others, and exceeded them on arrival and delivery back to Cairo airport

Room Tip: High floor premier nile view rooms worth the premium
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank paul026
Olivier M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear paul026,

Thank you for taking the time to review Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza here on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to read that you were extremely satisfied with our Concierge and airport pick up services as well as our Team efficiency when delivering your in-room dining orders. I’m also glad that you enjoyed the hotel different facilities during your stay with us and I will make sure to share your kind compliments with the Team. I would like to extend my apologies for the mis-steps you encountered when inquiring about our dining options and with your Lobby Lounge order and please rest assured that your comments regarding breakfast options and water charges has been taken into consideration.
Please receive my heartfelt thanks for sharing your feedback with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Nile Plaza soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I will start here from the reception as it was the first place to experience inside the hotel.
POOR!!! Yes oddly poor reception and ambiance
Staff are very helpful and friendly but not the class expected from Four Seasons (actually the staff category would be related more to 4 Stars hotel) with poor attire
So far the experience was shockingly poor while everything else was amazing
Room:
• Elegant and relaxing to the extent that you don’t want to leave the room
• High sleep quality
• Very nice TV screen and all the physical evidence were elegantly nice even the sewing kit, shampoo and soap were really nice and not the ordinary stuff in all hotels
• For the first time I find the book of “Qur’an” in a hotel room (I thought it was because I was there during the holy month “Ramadan” but I found alcohols in the fridge at the same time so it was again Odd!! 
• Food is just above average
• Very nice gym with disposable headphones for your convenience if you forgot yours
• The outdoors pool is nice but small
• The indoors pool is admirably relaxing
• Very nice coffee (I don’t usually like hotel’s coffee and I love coffee)

Odd disadvantages that made me feel offended
1. No free parking for guests!!! I paid around 80EGP (around 11$)
2. No free internet
The above points could be acceptable in other lower budget hotels but for 1,250EGP per night it is not acceptable comparing for example to Intercontinental CityStar where I paid 1,100EGP per night and there was a free parking card and free internet

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Serageldin
Dear Serageldin,

I do appreciate you taking the time to give us a detailed review on your experience with us, as we strive to achieve premier service experience and it is through the feedback of our guests that we can best improve our facilities and services.
Hearing that you found your room extremely comfortable and that you enjoyed our in room amenities as well as our relaxing Indoor Pool is really wonderful. I do apologize for not having met your satisfaction level whilst visiting us at this time and that you did not have the chance to enjoy the free internet service that we provide at the hotel. I assure you that your comments regarding parking and team attire have been taken into consideration.
I will be delighted to welcome you back to the Nile Plaza soon to regain your trust and confidence and to surpass your expectations.

Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Absolutley great hotel beside the river Nile. Especially to mention the great hospitality and wonderful spa. I was the most impressed by the lobby, which makes you feel like in a palace! A big round window in the back, you feel like being in a palace. In the evening there is a piano player, so great to have a drink there. Outside also magnificent, an elegant pool.
The room was one of the nicest I ever saw, and looks like a king's room. So big, great view, and everywhere light and golden colors. Really amazing!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Marjan J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great Four Seasons experience on Trip Advisor. It is wonderful to hear that you have been so pleased with the hospitality of our Team as well as the quality of your experiences at the Hotel; whether relaxing at the Spa; enjoying your evenings at the Lobby; or enjoying the magnificent Nile view from your room.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Nile Plaza in what we hope will be the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Everything at the Four Seasons Nile Plaze is just perfect... Accomodation, view, dining variety and quality, service, attention to details that makes your stay complete, cleanliness, spa, ...etc.
Only comment which is minor, is the speed of baggage pick up by bellman, too slow.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Sarah L
Olivier M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Sarah L,

Thank you for your kind words and compliments of Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza following your recent stay with us. I'm thrilled to read that "everything was just perfect" during your time at the Hotel and I am delighted that you enjoyed the food and atmosphere at our restaurants as well as the hotel different facilities. I would like to offer my apologies for the mis-steps you encountered with our baggage pick up service and please rest assured that we have taken your feedback to appropriate procedures.
Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.