“Perfect”

Ranked #1 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Vienna
“Perfect”
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I really love this hotel. There is nothing to reproach. Perfect food, lobby lounge, housekeeping, view, room, room service and security as well.

Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank forexvienna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 19 July 2009

I was booked in the hotel via a group of partners were we had an offsite in the fourseason. Now, since I do go to egypt alot and familiar with it very well, I decided to extend couple of days as a solo traveller to enjoy and pamper my self.

Everything was perfect, till a bad event happened which tested the metal of this wonderful experaince !!, I had Food Posioning " from a resturant NOT From the hotel", came back to my room, wokeup around 6 AM totally unable to move, called operator and infomred them of my situation, the doctor was in my room in 15 minutes with a fourseason Security, I was attended to in an unbelivable attention as if I was in a medical center, and carred for by all staff..

what really made it for me, two days later, as I was trying to eat something more than hospotal like food, I went to their italian resturant Bella, while I was ordering, the Waiter overheard me speaking on my cell to a friend explaining the siutaiton I had, he made sure to offer me an alternative menu, talked to the chef to ensure I will have the best meal possible yet enjoy a gourment meal..

FOUR SEASON NILE PLAZA... THANK YOU, This is my best ever hotel Experiance and I have been all over.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank ohashem1
Milan
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Everytime the arguement goes to Four Seasons Hotels, it's time to sit down and be amazed.
I want to give you a quick but bright example of how much attention to the client is a of primary importance for those guys.

After a long stroll in Cairo, I arrived in the lounge and took a seat in the sumptuous lobby bar. having nothing to to while waiting some friends that where actual guests of the property, I started to browse a map I had in my pocket to kill the time.

After less than 2 minutes, I spotted a waiter carring a tablet with newspapers coming into my direction: this is what I call amaze someone.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
new york
Reviewed 10 June 2009

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Excellent service, beautiful guest rooms and common areas, great pool, food was excellent. Exactly what you'd expect from a Four Seasons. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 31 May 2009

Excellent business hotel in Cairo and ok for leisure. Perfect service, however the rooms needs to taken care of and upgraded to a more modern touch. Upgraded to mini suite upon arrival which was very nice with excellent views of tne Nile. Good food, however extremely expnsive wines and liquor. Cairo is Cairo. Extremely busy, a bit dirty and a "been there, done that" experience overall. It really doesn´t matter that much, but being charged for using the internet when you pay more than USD 500 pr night is not what I would have expected. Small thing, but disappointing.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2009

This is without doubt a fantastic hotel. …everything including the rooms, food, service and facilities is first class.
We stayed here for two nights during a whistle-stop tour of Egypt and couldn’t have been more pleased. Admittedly, we paid extra for a Nile view room but I’m sure that all of the rooms are equally well appointed. Unusually for us, we ate in the hotel, and although it’s not cheap, the quality of the food and service was way beyond our expectations.
Our room had a bedroom, sitting area, two TV’s, sofa, desk and chairs, really big bath / shower room and loads of cupboard space. A view over the Nile topped it off nicely.
Although we had a fantastic stay and did the usual tourist sightseeing (highly recommend the pyramids, obviously), we found Cairo a little daunting. This is the only place in the world that we’ve been to that we didn’t feel comfortable walking out and doing our own thing – not that it feels unsafe, it’s just so vague. Maps are wrong or non-existent, there doesn’t appear to be a city centre, and everything is just so congested, hot and frantic that we ended up hiring a guide and a car (very cheap – probably the best way to get around). We were told that Cairo has 27 million people (excluding the unregistered): I can’t verify this but it’s an enormously populated city crammed into a reasonably small space.
One thing that got me about Egypt in general is that unless there’s money involved, nobody wants to know. This is probably a bit contentious but from what I could see of all the historical sites in Cairo and Luxor, they’re only maintained because they generate cash. Everyone holds out their hands for tips – even in places where a service charge is included. People demand money for using the toilet (just don’t pay unless it’s an official pay on entry facility), and they’re mostly just scammers watching for tourists….just say no. I was even asked for money by one of the tourist police at the pyramids for taking a picture – so just imagine how much help they’d be if you found yourself at odds with a trader! Noting is priced and having to negotiate every single thing gets a bit tiring as you know you’ve probably been done over….
Don’t let it put you off though – it’s a great place to visit, just be aware that you will get hassled and be prepared to ignore it. Funny thing is, if they didn't hassle people so much they'd probably sell more but I guess they don't understand other Country's culture too well. The other thing is the so called “Egyptian time”….complete rubbish. It’s not a quaint cultural thing at all, it’s just bad service. This hotel can deliver good service, so I don’t see why other places can’t as well. Do what you’d do anywhere else and walk – the service soon gets better.
As others have said, alcohol in the hotel is expensive, but it is everywhere. I don’t think the ratio between the hotel and the shops is that far away from that in the UK, but wine seems to be a novelty here. It's worth noting that none of the staff in the hotel asked for tips, or even hung around expectantly. In my book, these are the people that you DO tip!
We’d definitely go back to this hotel again if we were in Egypt.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hotelscout
Kuwait
Reviewed 23 May 2009

I went there four time so far and every time i fel in love with it again and again
I always chose the nile view room and once they up greaded me to the priemer nile room
the nile view room is large beautiful room .The priemer a bit bigger but without terass
I spend a great time once in junemonce in Desember ,and twice in march and all was great.
I lke the feeling weaking up in the morning having cofee in the loby listening to shahenda the Egyptan girl playing her lovely musice in the piano.
I really love it and can`t wait to go the fifth time.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family