“Beautiful rooms and a good location.”

Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza
Ranked #1 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful rooms and a good location.”
Reviewed 4 October 2009

We stayed at the four seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza for three nights from the 18th of September. Our room was on the 21st floor and was a superior type that had the most amazing views of the citadel. The room itself was very spacious with a beautiful bathroom. Overall this is a fabulous hotel that I highly recommend and I am being picky to highlight the following.
- The bedskirt and the footstool of the loungechair in the room were decidedly grubby. I found this to be suprising as housekeeping seemed so fantastic.
- The pool area is great but service is slow....There is a separate pool for doing laps and a childrens pool so everyone has a bit of space!
- The foyer area is uninspiring in comparision to like properties. (thats really being picky!!) People have commented on the flower arrangements. I thought they were pretty ordinary but again thats pesonal taste and really has no reflection on the hotels ability to do its job!!
- No free wi fi. I think given the price of the rooms, free wi fi should be standard in this hotel. You can get free wifi across the road at the Hard Rock Cafe. (awful food though).
- Conceirge were not always so helpful. I asked that a car be booked for the journey to airport. We used Cairo Airport Shuttle and were plased with the service. Conceirge would not book this for us. The girl behind the desk sweetly suggested that we use the hotels transportation. (this service is at least 100 USD and in my mind not worth the expense) I'm not so sure that the outcome was entirely unexpected but it was slightly irritating none the less....
We took one of the hotel tours to Giza and although expensive it was worth every penny. A car and very good driver we supplied along with a very nice and polite and knowledgeable guide. It was a highlight of our stay there.We were travelling with our two year old son and the hotel was really quite well eqipped to deal with yopund children. They had a decent childrens menu and colouring books and pencils available at every turn. Yes there is only so much colouring a child can do but it helped and its better than any other hotel we have stayed in. I would happily go back in a flash!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank SH-Bahrain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
geneva
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We stayed at the Nile Plaza Four Seasons for 3 nights. It is a beautifully done up modern hotel and is fairly new. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and did not ask for Bakshish or tips which is a national pastime here otherwise. Only the driver of the limo who left us at the airport was digruntled with a 20 LE tip.

We had a very nice welcome as we had called up and informed that we had two kids with us. They had arranged for a baby cot, rollaway bed, a basket containing a few diapers, all baby products like soap, shampoo, baby oil, moisturiser etc. There was a four seasons t-shirt for my older daughter on her bed and a bathrobe and slippers for her size as well in the bathroom. On the table they had kept a surprise welcome with chocolate cakes with their names on it, mango juice ( which was yum and we ordered it every day after that), and a small pack of colours and activity book for each girl. Needless to say that we were extremely pleased by this thoughtful gesture. They had a kids menu in room service which was useful for me as I did not want to risk feeding the kids outside in the city.
The rooms were ok sized although we had no proper view. Considering that the hotel was hardly full we could have got a better view, but we were not complaining. the balcony was big and we regularly had our meals there. The bathrooms were huge and well fitted out. The room service was prompt and pleasant.

The decor of the hotel was very modern and stylish. I specially loved their flower arrangements which were huge and breathtaking and changed frequently. The decor of the Aqua restaurant was the best in my opinion. There are a variety of restaurants to choose from Bella ( Italian), Zitouni ( Lebanese), Aqua ( Seafood), Spice ( Cantonese), Poolsode BBQ and Grill, And a bar and reception lounge with light snacks. Only grouse is that as the hotel is across the road none of them are on the river as such. Some have a view though of the nile. We had dinner at The Hyatt acroos the road one day and the location of their open air food court is excellent as it is bang on the river Nile with breathtaking views of the city. truly recommend a meal here.

We went at Ramadan time which I think is a mistake as almost everything form sight seeing spots to shops are closed from 3-8.30. So we could do nothing in the afternoons and evenings and one negative was that the hotel even closed down the pools from 6 pm onwards as they have their dinner buffet at the poolside at that time. We went with the kids at 6 pm one day to the pool only to be told that we were not allowed to swim. They have an indoor pool but that was closed for some reason. I feel that this was the only sore point of our trip.
We took the hotel recommended tour to the pyramids. The guide Hannah was excellent and gave us a tailored tour as we had small kids with us. She took care of my little one and also provided endless supplies of wet wipes and carried my stuff and took pictures of us even without asking, arranged a camel ride for my daughter and bonded very well for my little one. She even took care of my girls while we stopped at a supermarket enroute to get some supplies. Truly recommend her as a guide specially if you have kids.
I thought that the tour to the museum arranged by the hotel was too expensive as it was priced the same as the tour to the pyramids. I took a private tour with Rasha one of the guides recommended by tripadvisors members. Although she is very well read and gave us good information. She is not patient with the children and was annoyed at their constant interruptions. She always walked 15 feet away from us and was upset at our pace. She is probably best suited with families without kids.

All in all we had a wonderful time. But Cairo is not a clean or pretty city. One must do is a Felucca ride on the river nile at night . At 60 LE for one hour it was worth every penny. Do not go for a cruise or a motor boat ride. Just hire a Felucca and get a real thrill!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank mwkGeneva
Vienna
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I really love this hotel. There is nothing to reproach. Perfect food, lobby lounge, housekeeping, view, room, room service and security as well.

Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank forexvienna
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 19 July 2009

I was booked in the hotel via a group of partners were we had an offsite in the fourseason. Now, since I do go to egypt alot and familiar with it very well, I decided to extend couple of days as a solo traveller to enjoy and pamper my self.

Everything was perfect, till a bad event happened which tested the metal of this wonderful experaince !!, I had Food Posioning " from a resturant NOT From the hotel", came back to my room, wokeup around 6 AM totally unable to move, called operator and infomred them of my situation, the doctor was in my room in 15 minutes with a fourseason Security, I was attended to in an unbelivable attention as if I was in a medical center, and carred for by all staff..

what really made it for me, two days later, as I was trying to eat something more than hospotal like food, I went to their italian resturant Bella, while I was ordering, the Waiter overheard me speaking on my cell to a friend explaining the siutaiton I had, he made sure to offer me an alternative menu, talked to the chef to ensure I will have the best meal possible yet enjoy a gourment meal..

FOUR SEASON NILE PLAZA... THANK YOU, This is my best ever hotel Experiance and I have been all over.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank ohashem1
Milan
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Everytime the arguement goes to Four Seasons Hotels, it's time to sit down and be amazed.
I want to give you a quick but bright example of how much attention to the client is a of primary importance for those guys.

After a long stroll in Cairo, I arrived in the lounge and took a seat in the sumptuous lobby bar. having nothing to to while waiting some friends that where actual guests of the property, I started to browse a map I had in my pocket to kill the time.

After less than 2 minutes, I spotted a waiter carring a tablet with newspapers coming into my direction: this is what I call amaze someone.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
new york
Reviewed 10 June 2009

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Excellent service, beautiful guest rooms and common areas, great pool, food was excellent. Exactly what you'd expect from a Four Seasons. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 31 May 2009

Excellent business hotel in Cairo and ok for leisure. Perfect service, however the rooms needs to taken care of and upgraded to a more modern touch. Upgraded to mini suite upon arrival which was very nice with excellent views of tne Nile. Good food, however extremely expnsive wines and liquor. Cairo is Cairo. Extremely busy, a bit dirty and a "been there, done that" experience overall. It really doesn´t matter that much, but being charged for using the internet when you pay more than USD 500 pr night is not what I would have expected. Small thing, but disappointing.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple