Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
1,207 results
All reviewsflower arrangementslobby loungegarden citylarge balconyroom serviceitalian restaurantconcierge deskan oasisspacious roombeautiful hotelbreakfast buffet isi highly recommend this hotelluxury hotelegyptian museumtahrir squarezitouninile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I love Four Seasons. When I arrived the first night in my room there was a birthday cake and it was delicious! The food at the Four Seasons is great and the tour guide that we booked through concierge was Excellent. I wish we would have booked the rest of our tours through the Four Seasons! The spa was great, but I wish the Front Desk guys understood English a little better. I misplaced my swim suit and I asked if anybody turned it in and they looked at me dumb founded. The girl in the locker room did not speak any English. Wati, I believe that is her name, who did my facial spoke better English than the front desk gentlemen. Also when I went up to concierge to help me there was one person working the desk and he was handling two phone calls and when I walked up I asked him for suggestions on restaurants and he handed me a book. That is very unusual of Four Seasons to just hand out a book to a customer who is paying a lot to stay there. This Four Seasons is Excellent but a few people need to be retrained to follow the Four Seasons Philosphy.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2011

When you judge a hotel, you should always judge it within it's context. This is a good hotel but cannot be compared with other four seasons hotels in other countries. You should know what to expect when you visit Egypt if you are a resident of the western world.
The first impressions after you leave the airport are of extreme dirt, poverty and traffic chaos. The police check point stations and the number of policemen, is something out of this world. Naturally, as you arrive in the hotel, you automatically overrate it.
However, if this hotel was anywhere else in a developed region it would be judged as a mediocre hotel.
The breakfast buffet has a good variety but again it lacks that special something that other four seasons have. The rooms are spacey and yes it is nice to have a nile view, but again it is not something that makes or brakes your day, especially when you pay a rate of around 700 usd plus 25% tax.. With this money I can think of at least a dozen extremely better hotels in Italy, Greece, South of France or elsewhere.
The zhitouni restaurant that is described as extraordinary in other reviews and as I am a fun of the arabic cuisine was not something I would call extraordinary. Beware though of the steak restaurant as it has the most expensive prices I've seen compared even with Tokyo.
Another thing you should also note is that prices for various activities, tours, etc are much lower than if you arrange things with the hotel's concierge as we found out by accident.
In a few words FS cairo on the nile plaza is probably the best hotel you can stay in cairo as long as you dont forget is overpriced, overrated and its in Cairo!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank coastalux
Reviewed 21 December 2010

The staff of this hotel appear to care genuinely about the comfort and happiness of their guests. After sightseeing or commuting to meetings via the chaotic traffic, the warm welcome at this very secure hotel continues through the restaurants, housekeeping, spa, concierge desk, business center, etc. Note that wireless internet service is not at all free in the rooms, but the first 30 minutes of use of internet in the quiet booths of the business center is always gratis.
I heard from colleagues of poor or indifferent service and "sketchy" activities going on in other five-star hotels. Those in the know prefer this hotel. Because we had a rather low corporate rate, we did not have rooms with a Nile view, but it is available from the spa and the restaurants. Food in the Oriental and the Middle Eastern restaurants is superb.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank andarcaminos
Reviewed 11 December 2010

We have stayed several times at this beautiful Hotel. Everything is just perfect and not to be found anywhere in Egypt. Staff is well trained and focuses on details. Absolutely worth to stay

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2010

This Four Seasons is bigger than most, but the same expected standard of superb service and luxurious accomodation is evident throughout. If you can afford a Nile view suite, go for it!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple