“Good Choice in Cairo”
Review of Grand Nile Tower

Grand Nile Tower
Ranked #47 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 17 April 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one night after a trip to the Pyramids. I had a basic room high up with a view of the Nile. Nice option for Cairo. Best part of hotel was the pool facing the Nile, which I didn't have time to use, but looked nice. May be good to have the pool if you have children traveling as well. Breakfast in the morning was very good also.

Room I had was basic and not "pretty" but was what I was expecting. Did enjoy hotel...

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Grand Nile Tower

Reviewed 15 April 2010

If you are travelling to cairo with kids, this is the place to stay. Excellent service, tasty food and nice views of the nile. Luxury hotel with nice standard rooms. Stayed in a club room for 3 nights and used hyatt family plan to book the second room for half the price of the first room. check in was quick and in the club lounge on the 30th floor. Everything you need is offered in the club lounge for breakfast and snacks. There is a mall attached to the hotel that has a cinema with arabic and english movies, a kids club free of charge for hotel guests (but you can't leave the hotel or mall premises) I dropped them and went for a movie, a food court, kids wear shop and a pharmacy and other shops too. I recommend the grand hyatt cruise too. Visited the four seasons nile just opposite the hotel for a spa treatment, enjoyed it a lot, but when booking for cairo I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I recently stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 2 nights on a business trip. Service was excellent throughout my stay, starting with pick-up at the plane at Cairo Airport and individual check-in in the room. Hotel has a good central location with easy access to the city centre (by Cairo standards) and to some of the more trendy restaurants. Nice rooms with beautiful views over the Nile.

I also like the restaurants in the "food court" ranging from Japanese to Indian to Italian. Good quality food in a casual atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2010

We stayed as part of an organised prepaid tour for 2 nights. Location on its own "island" and Cairo views are excellent. High security at boom gates then the hotel entrance is a little unsettling for a Westerner not used to it but reassuring when one considers the alternative.
Food is excellent. Rooms are fine. Expensive but it is a Hyatt.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chris19531955
Reviewed 13 March 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night whilst visting Cairo during our holiday in Sharm el Sheikh.

On arrival by taxi,the first thing that struck us was the security measures.Pulled up at the security barrier,where a sniffer dog walked round the taxi,then we had to walk through airport style x ray machine into the vast lobby area.

I would say the hotel is slightly old fashioned in appearance but still has the wow factor,due to the oppulence of the public areas.

We were checked in efficiently by a very friendly young man,and given the keycard to our room on the 26th floor.We had a standard twin room with a balcony offering a breathtaking view over the nile,you could just see the pyramids in the distance.

I knew the hotel was a 'dry' hotel before booking.Due to the heat and dust of visiting the pyramids earlier,and the chaos of the traffic,we were desperate for a beer.We headed to the Hard Rock cafe which is located between the Grand Hyatt and the Hyatt next door.We had a couple of large draught local beers,which were about £6 each,ouch!.Still we had an enjoyable time in there,the staff we very friendly too.

We decided to take a walk along the nile into town.OMG,nothing can prepare you for the traffic in Cairo.As for crossing the roads,well you literally take your life in your hands,wait for a rare gap in the traffic and make a run for it,not for the faint hearted.

Overall we had an enjoyable although brief stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2010

My travel agent booked me this hotel as part of my middle east trip- As I was traveling by myself and being a girl i asked to be put in hotels where i would feel "safe" and not hassled
Although the hotel is huge and lacking a bit of personality (its a hyatt !) it is so well maintained , clean and the staff so professional that i had no complaints at all .
I was upgraded to the "Club" floor (30th) where the suites were but mine was a twin bedroom with the most amazing view of the Nile and the city Not for the Vertigo sufferers there was a little balcony where you could enjoy the view - Despite the pollution it felt like i was in a metropolitan city ..
The room had the most comfortable beds and quality linen ! i didn't want to get up for my sightseeing in the morning -
I was sent a complimentary fruit basket daily and 2 bottles of mineral water that came in handy for my day excursions
The Breakfast was just amazing ... there was literally everything ... all kinds of breakfast freshly made eggs and pancakes , fresh fruit - egyptian breakfast delicacies (the pancake with honey was yummy) and all this with views of the Nile
There is a swimming pool and gym but i didn't get the chance to go so i cant tell much about it
There is a revolving french restaurant on top with beautiful views but also ridiculous prices so i skipped it ,but i was told by friends it was top notch
Instead i settled for a night in with a great room service ! the portions were BIG , tasty and reasonably well priced but again if you don't feel like staying in then there is the food court on 4th floor with loads of different restaurants and a expensive shopping center with brands if you feel like spending some money around ... also Cairo Hard Rock Cafe is next door to the hotel ....

Two things to note - Apparently there are 2 Hyatts next to each other . The one i stayed in was the new building , the old i must admit does not look as swanky... so make sure you go to the right one..
secondly i found the charges charge for wifi internet a bit excessive but i lived without it .. :)

Lastly don't miss to go next to the little marina and ask for a local boatman to take you for an hours - 2 hour trip on the nile around sunset... my personal highlight from cairo.. its peaceful and the call for prayer gave me the shivers although i am not muslim..
Enjoy

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2010

We were stuck in Cairo due to missed flight connections and had to find a hotel, with most good hotels being fully booked due to a large conference that week. Ending up at the Hyatt, they had vacant rooms - but that was about it! Very poor service from start to finish, it took ages to check in, the room was tiny (though admittedly with a great view), the TV remote did not work, the bathroom robe was dirty, the fruit was not fresh, the mini-bar pathetic, the restaurant and bar not yet opened, the staff unhelpful (and not willing to listen/register the complaints).... Have NEVER stayed so expensively and in SUCH conditions, way below expectations and very poor value! Hyatt - I'm sorry, you'll never get a second chance from me!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business