“great service”

Royal Marshal Hotel
Ranked #114 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 8 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Sam L
There are newer reviews for Royal Marshal Hotel

Reviewed 17 October 2012

I am an American expat living in Cairo, and I had the need to stay several nights in a hotel while waiting for flat I was renting to be ready. I was very pleased by the cleanliness of my room and bath, and also the balcony. There were only 2 problems - my mobile phone wouldn't work properly, something in the area seemed to be blocking it, so I was forced to use the room's land line to make and receive calls - and dishonest bellhops. This kind of thing is very common in Egypt, from taxi drivers to shop keepers, so I advise US travelers, as a resident of Egypt, to either pay for everything with a credit card or to use exact change. The continental breakfast is very nice and includes pastries, fruit and cheese, cold cereal and the ubiquitous "foul." One traveler complained of being charged 3 LE for an omelet but that's about 60 cents US, so don't cry. For the price and location, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Single rooms are small with no sitting area. If you want more space, take a double room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank beautifulady
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Stayed here for one week from the 19th until the 26th October, this hotel is based in Heliopolis and only a short walk away from a supermarket and further down some more shops and eateries, it's also just a short distance by taxi to the huge City Stars Mall and complex. As a single female traveler I felt very safe and secure, the housekeeping staff were excellent and rooms were cleaned every day, there was also excellent free wifi and a beautiful comfortable modern and contemporary bathroom, and judging by a few alterations such as safe in the room and a towel rail the modernisation is currently ongoing but is discrete and convenient to you, In Cairo there is always a constant noise, being on the 8th floor this was never a problem and the double glazing makes for a very peaceful sleep. The room itself was modestly furnished but exceptionally clean, continental breakfast which was also included consisted of meats, cheese, bread and fresh eggs, along with tea/coffee/orange juice. Not having ate at the hotel at any other mealtime, I can't really make any further comment about the catering. All in all this hotel was excellent value for money, offering a safe, comfortable and easy to access accommodation, I would most definately stay there again, and would also recommend it to friends going to Cairo, thank you Royal Marshal :)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank reddskye
Reviewed 9 February 2011

During the civil unrest my tour group was able to get us set up in this hotel.

Considering everything that was happening the staff were excellent especially Mustafa. He made jokes, kept us entertained as well as giving us his opinion on everything that was happening around us. His service was better than what I get here in Australia and the food was good too which was a bonus. The staff also hung around at night and guarded the hotel and its staff.

The room was nothing special but had everything you would need, it was clean and considering what was happening out in the street, I got a great nights sleep.

• Stayed: January 2011
4  Thank TheAussieBogan
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I called to book a room with 2 beds and they told me it is $70 US even though it is just 55 usually. When I arrived they refused to let me check the room before I signed for the room. Once I signed and went to the room and saw the small room, the bad smell, the bad service, the lack of tollite papers and pellow. I called and said It do not like it and they kept sayhing we already charged your credit card. I mean seriously, someone should report this hotel owners to the tourists police.

I went to a 5 star hotel and paid just $30 more.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Economytraveler18
Reviewed 2 January 2010

I checked-in in this hotel for 1 night this December after a trip to Saqqara, Memphis, and Dashour. Was given a room with a balcony on the 3rd floor facing Al Maamoun and paid 300LE (US55). There was a light foul smell as I entered the room so I opened the door in the balcony to let the air in the room out. At night and in the morning you will hear noises from the street down. At the reception I have asked a bellboy to get me credit for my mobinil and vodafone lines for 25LE each but just handed to me 10LE load each. I never ever bothered to complain this bellboy the next day when I checked-out thinking that he might be in dire need of money but it was just too bad to shortchanged a tourist. The breakfast has no variety and had shelled out 3LE for an egg omelet.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Mino_Ona
Reviewed 27 June 2009

I recommended this hotel to my American fiance (I am Egyptian), and I wish I did not. The service was very bad, the front desk girls were so rude and gave us weird looks cause I am Egyptian and he's American. They didn't let me up to wake him and didn't allow us to go up the room bring some stuff and go out again. The breakfast was very poor and finally my fiance said the bed was very stiff and he checked out just after a day and half and he stayed at Heliopark hotel, it was around the same price per night but better by far.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple