“Saqqara & Memphis Awesome first day in Cairo”

Cairo Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
US$45.00*
and up
Islamic Sites Walking Tour of Cairo
Ranked #22 of 286 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: “ Cairo Urban Adventures offers day tours with a local around Cairo. They range from 2 hour to 12 hour adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Cairo. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Arrived in Egypt yesterday, last minute decision to do an urban adventure. We meet our guide in our hotel(Hend) and she took us on our adventure. It was a great intro to Cairo and our first pyramid. We have felt very safe since arriving. Hend was a very informative and interesting who was more than happy to answer any question about our trip and Egypt.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I went on the Alexandria Urban Adventure earlier in April and loved it. My guide, Dalia, was incredibly knowledgeable, really open and great to talk to. I had a fantastic time visiting the catacombs, Alexandria museum, fortress where the lighthouse once stood and the (enormous) library. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone travelling to Egypt.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We went on a Urban Adventures tour of Saqqara & Memphis whilst in Cairo on a recent trip to Egypt and absolutely loved it. Our guide, Hend, was knowledgable, friendly and very enagaging. Her explanations of the history and significance of Saqqara & Memphis helped bring them to life for us. We're so glad we chose to go with a guide as we would have missed out on so much information is we'd chosen to try and do the tour on our own or with a less knowledgable guide. Given the recent unrest in Egypt we were a little apprehensive about travelling here but Hend and our driver took great care of us and we felt safe and well looked after in their hands. Also, because there are very few tourists in Cairo at the moment, we had the sites virtually to ourselves - it was amazing! If you're considering a visit to Cairo and are interested in the seeing the ORIGINAL pyramid that started everything, we would definitely recommend booking with Urban Adventures.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I did the Saqqara and Memphis tour with Dalia back on May 16th and was SUPER glad i did! The information and history that Dalia shared was invaluable. I learned so much from locations that i wouldn't have gone to nor thought of going to :) The best part about the adventure was it did not feel like a tour!!! Dalia made it feel like a good friend just showing us around and that truly made the experience! Thank you so much Dalia and Urban Adventures!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

This is a great way to see a lot in a short amount of time. This easy to book half day tour will provide a real insight on the history of Cairo's Islamic quarter. I had a fantastic time and it definitely lived up to my expectations. Dalia, my guide was engaging, lively, and all-around great company. She spoke excellent English and was full of information about all of the sites we were seeing along the way. I highly recommend this tour others.