“Loved it!”
Review of The Gabriel Hotel

Ranked #41 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I have never written a review before in all my years of travel but I feel compelled to warn you that you are not going to want to leave & will try & find every excuse to delay your check out. My stay here was an unforgettable & memorable experience. The hotel, rooms etc are exactly like the pictures on the website. The staff & service faultless. This is a stunning hotel in every sense of the word and people need to know about it. I wish there were more Gabriel Hotels around the world.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sebbc
There are newer reviews for The Gabriel Hotel

Reviewed 20 November 2013

recently returned from a short stay at Gabriel Hotel Cairo.
Hotel is exactly like pictures and room facilities are fab, bathroom and shower are to die for .
We had a few problems with smart tv maybe because we aren't so smart however staff were quick to assist without any problems.
Breakfast service was at time a little slow however when it arrived was worth the wait.
Although room was quiet sometimes could hear what sounded like problems with pipes which went on all night but we did get used to it.
On day we were leaving for an early departure from airport the receptionist very kindly arranged tea and cakes with one of the chefs so we were not leaving on an empty stomach which was really thoughtful.

Staff were fantastic throughout and would definitely stay here again next time we are in Cairo .

The hotel is adjacent to Sun City Mall which has a massive food court on ground floor level .

Didn't have time to experience pool as only here for 3 nights but will definitely try next time we stay .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The Gabriel Hotel is one of the best boutique hotels I have experienced. I must admit as the taxi was approaching the mall, Sun City, I was expecting to be somewhat disappointed. On arrival, I was greeted by the bell boy and escorted into a panoramic elevator that took me up to the hotel. The lobby was stunning with a mix of contemporary classic chic & the check in was personable and faultless.

I was then greeted and escorted by the butler to my room. I was shown how everything operated. The bedroom was luxurious and spacious. The Samsung Smart Led TV & Bose sound system demonstrated that no expense was spared. The bed & bed linen was a dream comfort. The bathroom were beautifully designed with Bulgari toiletries. I had the perfect night sleep.

Breakfast was a la carte, and the was fresh & good as expected. The service was perfect & The Salt restaurant was classical in design with a lovely ambience.

In short, the service, the design, the amenities makes this one of the finest boutique hotels in the world. A+++. Well Done!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank thespecialistuk
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I arrived late evening 22of jan, found the hotel to be very quiet which was just what I wanted! My friends and I proceeded to my room for some drinks after a long day of traveling. We were escorted by the floor butler. Upon entrance to the room I found it just like the pictures on the website, the butler brought ice and explained how th work the tv, shower ect.....
At around 11pm my friends left and the noise from the nightclub was terrible!
The next morning I went for breakfast, I found the service to be moderate and lacking in personality. The breads are to die for!
Later that day I decided to have a drink, only to discover the bar doesn't open to 5pm, so after some effort I managed to get a glass of wine in the foyere.
The lunch was really good, lentil soup, chicken and white choc ice cream.
I met with the GM and head chef both of which are very personable.
A good hotel, very new and a few glitches to work out.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Loveto8
Karim F, General Manager at The Gabriel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,

The sixty ladies and gentlemen of the Gabriel & I we look forward to welcoming you in person in the very near future.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel on two occasions recently. The hotel is a short drive from the airport and located in a new & modern shopping center called Sun City Mall which offers plenty of stores, coffee shops and restaurants. Great location for someone who wants to be away from the noise of central Cairo while staying close to the airport and having shops and restaurants around.

Rooms are spacious with chic decor, comfortable beds and 5-star bathrooms. Breakfast is very good and served at the hotel's amazing restaurant, SALT. After trying the food in that restaurant, we didn't want to eat anywhere else.

Our only discomfort came about during our second stay in the hotel on Thursday and Friday nights. On these two nights (which is weekend in Egypt), they turn the rooftop pool area of the hotel into a night club which results in the loud music being played until late. If you are planning on staying in this hotel on Thursday and Friday, bring earplugs.

All in all, a great hotel - Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank STraveller26
Karim F, General Manager at The Gabriel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Gabriel and I certainly do appreciate your genuine feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. Reading your review we were very pleased to see that we succeeded to reach your expectations.
On behalf of the sixty ladies and gentlemen of the Gabriel I look forward to welcoming you in person in the very near future.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Excellent hotel, don’t have any thing to complain. I had a very nice time in Cairo. The hotel is just amazing, very beautiful, clean and comfortable. New hotel in town, in a good area. The stuff are very friendly and the manager is a gentleman. Ideal hotel for a business trip, vacation time or honeymoon.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fbicalho
Karim F, General Manager at The Gabriel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Gabriel.
The sixty ladies and gentlemen of the Gabriel were honored and delighted to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you in person in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I have spent 3 days with my wife there including new year's eve and we had so much fun. The hotel is very clean and luxurious the staff are helpful and nice. We had a very nice dinner in the resturant and food was so different than anywhere i have been. It was my first stay ever in a boutique hotel and we really liked it.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Nfadel
Karim F, General Manager at The Gabriel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Gabriel. The sixty ladies and gentlemen of the Gabriel and I, we look forward to welcoming you in person in the very near future.