“The fake...”
Review of The Gabriel Hotel

The Gabriel Hotel
Ranked #37 of 144 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Part of a shopping center in the middle of no where, this is not a place to stay. The hotel decoration and rooms are very testeless, Personal try very hard but are not professional. My welcoming was a missunderstand about my visa passaport stamp. Had to change room to avoid the next night terrace party. However could not sleep as the new room had another club next door and the music was on until 2am. Did stay in the second night. I can not see any reason to go back. This is could be a good place to stay in if you are one ot the cluber clients. Enjoy the music!

Room Tip: The rooms are next to clubers,,,, discothecas, bars,,,, enjoy the party!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank RiOli

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband & I just returned and had the most enchanting stay at The Gabriel Hotel. It truly is a magnificent hotel. The staff, the service, the food and the interiors are second to none. Definitely like all the reviewers cannot add anything more as we agree with all of the great reviews mentioned on trip advisor. If you are planning to visit Cairo, this is the hotel to stay. Thank-you for a most enchanting experience. We hope to return very soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Katherinabelair B
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have been visiting Cairo on Business for 9 years and this is by far the best Hotel I have stayed in. It is very opulent and the rooms are extremely nicely decorated and the beds very comfortable too. The staff are incredibly helpful and in fact I would go so far to say that this is the best staff experience I have ever had at any Hotel by a mile. The Hotel is very conveniently located close to the Airport and so after a long flight there is no distance to go to find complete relaxation. The Hotel is also connected to a Mall and there are numerous well appointed shops and a great roof top bar too. All in all a superb experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank James S
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I have never written a review before in all my years of travel but I feel compelled to warn you that you are not going to want to leave & will try & find every excuse to delay your check out. My stay here was an unforgettable & memorable experience. The hotel, rooms etc are exactly like the pictures on the website. The staff & service faultless. This is a stunning hotel in every sense of the word and people need to know about it. I wish there were more Gabriel Hotels around the world.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sebbc
Reviewed 20 November 2013

recently returned from a short stay at Gabriel Hotel Cairo.
Hotel is exactly like pictures and room facilities are fab, bathroom and shower are to die for .
We had a few problems with smart tv maybe because we aren't so smart however staff were quick to assist without any problems.
Breakfast service was at time a little slow however when it arrived was worth the wait.
Although room was quiet sometimes could hear what sounded like problems with pipes which went on all night but we did get used to it.
On day we were leaving for an early departure from airport the receptionist very kindly arranged tea and cakes with one of the chefs so we were not leaving on an empty stomach which was really thoughtful.

Staff were fantastic throughout and would definitely stay here again next time we are in Cairo .

The hotel is adjacent to Sun City Mall which has a massive food court on ground floor level .

Didn't have time to experience pool as only here for 3 nights but will definitely try next time we stay .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The Gabriel Hotel is one of the best boutique hotels I have experienced. I must admit as the taxi was approaching the mall, Sun City, I was expecting to be somewhat disappointed. On arrival, I was greeted by the bell boy and escorted into a panoramic elevator that took me up to the hotel. The lobby was stunning with a mix of contemporary classic chic & the check in was personable and faultless.

I was then greeted and escorted by the butler to my room. I was shown how everything operated. The bedroom was luxurious and spacious. The Samsung Smart Led TV & Bose sound system demonstrated that no expense was spared. The bed & bed linen was a dream comfort. The bathroom were beautifully designed with Bulgari toiletries. I had the perfect night sleep.

Breakfast was a la carte, and the was fresh & good as expected. The service was perfect & The Salt restaurant was classical in design with a lovely ambience.

In short, the service, the design, the amenities makes this one of the finest boutique hotels in the world. A+++. Well Done!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank thespecialistuk
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I arrived late evening 22of jan, found the hotel to be very quiet which was just what I wanted! My friends and I proceeded to my room for some drinks after a long day of traveling. We were escorted by the floor butler. Upon entrance to the room I found it just like the pictures on the website, the butler brought ice and explained how th work the tv, shower ect.....
At around 11pm my friends left and the noise from the nightclub was terrible!
The next morning I went for breakfast, I found the service to be moderate and lacking in personality. The breads are to die for!
Later that day I decided to have a drink, only to discover the bar doesn't open to 5pm, so after some effort I managed to get a glass of wine in the foyere.
The lunch was really good, lentil soup, chicken and white choc ice cream.
I met with the GM and head chef both of which are very personable.
A good hotel, very new and a few glitches to work out.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Loveto8
Karim F, General Manager at The Gabriel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Gabriel and I certainly do appreciate your genuine feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

The sixty ladies and gentlemen of the Gabriel & I we look forward to welcoming you in person in the very near future.

Kind regards,