“Trustworthy but expensive”

Golden Pyramid - Day Tours
Ranked #72 of 271 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: Golden Pyramid Travel has been operating since 1990, we are a Licensed Tour Operating Company accredited with the Egyptian Tourism Board. We at Golden Pyramid Travel specialize in Private Tours to give you the best opportunity to experience the amazing wonders Egypt has to offer. We have available Day Tours, Package Tours we will also cater to schedule and vary current Tours. Our Tours also cater for different ages and fitness levels and guarantee your safety during your Tour by using our extremely professional and experienced Guides and Drivers.
Lake Wales, Florida
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Trustworthy but expensive”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

During our travel from Istanbul to Kavalla Greece we met a young Canadian couple who had just left Cairo. They told me about the Grand Pyramids motel and they added they had several outings arranged by the motel.

When we arrived in Cairo we went to the Grand Pyramids motel which is actually in Giza. The motel is nice and I wrote a review. However I want to talk about Golden Pyramid Travel and Mr. Ahmed Ramadan.

First of all Mr. Ramadan is trustworthy. I was in Cairo for the coup/revoulution/party on July 3/4 2013. Mr. Ramadan was the person who planned our trip to Aswan via train, where we would catch a boat back up the Nile. We arrived for our sleeper train to Aswan and discovered it was cancelled after three hours. By the way the train station is exactly what you would expect from a third world in turmoil. The only saving grace was the Tourist Police Commander, Colonel Amr and his men who took care of us. Anyway after we discovered the train was not coming we contacted Mr. Ramadan. Mr. Ramadan sent a driver and van for us. When we were finally picked up the van took us past the Grand Pyramid to another motel that was not so nice. However Mr. Ramadan was there moments after us. It was late at night and Mr. Ramadan was putting out 110% to make sure we were taken care of. I ended up having to buy plain tickets to Luxor and pay an additional fee for transportation. That said Mr. Ramadan was more dedicated to seeing us taken care of than I could have imagined.

We made our flight to Luxor the next day and our guide was waiting for us (Omar Sharif http://www.egyptwithomarsharif.com/About_%20Us.html) Anyway we were not able to get refunds for our train tickets from Cairo to Aswan in Cairo. Mr. Ramadan was in contact with Mr. Sharif and had attempted to help us get our money back in Luxor from the train station. Unfortunately Luxor train station did not have enough cash on hand. Every time I called Mr. Ramadan he was available and helpful. When he did not answer the phone he called me back in a short time.

I trust Mr. Ramadan and he did an excellent job in taking care of my children and I. I would recommend anyone use his services. That said you better hold your wallet! I am ashamed of how much I paid. Plus Mr. Ramadan told me the trip was inclusive and I would not pay a dime extra. That is not untrue, but it is grey. You get hit up for tips and it is not a hint. On the Nile river cruise you get a tip envelope and told to tip. You have to pay for your drink at supper, that includes water. You can not bring you own. I did, got caught, and told not to bring water to supper anymore. The tour guides try to sell you add ons to your trip. I resisted but my last guide got me when he told me about a perfume factory owned by Dodi Fayed's family. I ended up buy two bottles of perfume. You also get hit up by an unbelievable number of beggars / street vendors. They climb on the ship, they climb in windows, they tie up to the ship like pirates, it is unreal. You are constantly hit up for money. However if you are strong you can get my without spending any additional money.

All of that said use Mr. Ramadan's services if in Cairo. You can't buy trust. Also he was always there when I needed help or wanted to ask a question. If my parents go to Egypt I am having them deal with Mr. Ramadan. Mr. Ramadan had arranged our entire trip from Cairo to Aswan and back. Like I said it was inclusive. He did a great job.

Visited July 2013
15 Thank CharlieGates

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Expensive but extremely worth it”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I visited Cairo during the re-revolution in 2013 and, despite the conflicts going on at the time, I got excellent service with a talented guide (ask for Nassir, he's the greatest)

They even agreed on taking me to Tahrir Square even though it was guarded by military personnel and here had been a shoot out the day before. They are extremely service minded and I highly recommend using them for tours!

The only negative is hat they might be a bit expensive considering what they give you in return!

Visited July 2013
13 Thank Gangvik
chemsford,united kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent, well organized tour thanks golden pyramid”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Before any comment, you probably want to know about safety in Cairo. The answer is simple: it is very safe and you don't feel any fear in any moment. Not even in the main riots square I saw any issue (close to Cairo's Museum). I booked a complete pack with grand pyramids hotel and it was really good. From the design of the tours to the deriver knowledge, everything went really well. If you are planning to travel to Egypt, tell the dates and they can make a suggestion. Transfers, check-ins, guides and tours worked very well. I suggest 3 days in Cairo and 2 days in Luxor. Islamic and Coptic tours are worth having. Go for the suggested hotels. Both in Cairo and Luxor were great. I hope it is useful. If you want more tips, drop me a message.
Visited February 20

Visited February 2013
13 Thank kingdavid176
Long Beach, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Amazing vacation in Egypt with golden tours,”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Let me start my review by saying that if ever you plan on visiting Egypt especially Cairo, you have to use hotel taxi Tours.

On the day that we scheduled our tour we were warmly greeted by Mr. mohammed at our hotel, he is a very nice and courteous person. Mr. ahmed then introduced us to Mr. Mohammed who will be our tour guide for the 2 days while we were in Egypt.
We were excited about seeing all the places in Egypt, we had such a good time on the tour
our drivers (sorry cant remember the names) were excellent, very brave with the Cairo traffic ! but we felt safe the whole time. Would highly recommend this Company

Visited January 2013
13 Thank cherimoya j
united king
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“More than a tour – A great experience from (golden pyramid tours) staff”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Earlier this year I went to egypt , even though I am from england never really saw egypt as a touristy place. So this time we Book The tour 6 -days one of thaim to Old cairo which was phenomenal and a life time experience. I read about theegypt here but did not really know who to contact. I did my research and below I am sharing the information of the company that runs the best and I believe the only golden pyramid tours in egypt .

Name: golden pyramid tours
Website: www.goldenpyramid.travel.com
Email: gptours70@yahoo.com.com
Ph no: 00201224159767-00201224525672

Later I realized that they are even listed on Trip Advisor. My two guides were completely able to bring out the culture of the historic Olde pyramids which was built around 700 years ago. This tour covers the best of Old cairo and includes everything that you can think of. The world famous monuments including citadle , the GREAT PYRAMIDS OF GIZA , mosque in CAIRO ,READ PYRAMID, SAKARA , so many palaces and mansions that were a part of this beautiful city, extraordinarily ,LOCAL markets and the guides help you see the city as it use to be, pointing out hidden facades, old building, practices being followed by locals etc throughout the tour.

On top of their smart places with high-tech gadgets including headphones for live commentary, . The end was even more perfect with a visit to an old house that showed you how the people use to live back then and this tour even includes a visit to a picture gallery of Olden times. I had my perfect ride and discovered the hidden Old cairo and I hope so do you. Highly recommend a trip to Old pyramids withgolden pyramid Tours

Visited January 2013