“Nice atmosphere, but ordinary food”
Review of Rossopomodoro - CLOSED

Rossopomodoro
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Our main problem was that the food arrived on the point of being cold. Also for the local market the place is a little pricy. There are definitely better pizzas available in Cairo.

Service was good but no diet drinks were available. Take it or leave it. Not sure why somebody go to the local supermarket and get some cans?

Not a place to revisit.

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Loved the food. Portions were great and not very expensive. Good value for money. They serve excellent bruschetta full of tomatoes on the tasty Italian bread. The pizza ingredients were very fresh. I recommend this place.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have been to Rossopomdoro in New Cairo, I liked only the place itself and the restaurant's decoration. Otherwise it was a terrible experience, I have tried there the tagliatelle with mushrooms and the chicken and the mushrooms weren't fresh. It was the canned mushroom and the chicken was with it's little bones. I told the waiter that the chicken was with it's bones and he told me that the restaurants orders boneless chicken and he didn't even apologize, offer a compensation or inform his manager to act. My brother ordered a seafood pizza which was undercooked itself and the ingredients too. The prices were sooo high in comparison with the quality offered. Definitely, I will not go there again.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Since I'm italian and PROUD to be so, sometimes I like to go around the world to italian restaurants to see is the restaurant is really italian or it has just a name that would make it seem so.

This one is so famous and I've tried it in italy and in other countries but.. here it wasn't really excellent.
Anyways it was okay and the appetizers were probably the best part.

About the pizzas I think that the Calzone is one of the best !

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Amazing pizzas, amazing pastas... you can tell they import the cheese (yummy yummy ricotta). Restaurant setting is beautiful as well.. really nothing negative to say about this place. Best italian food I've had in Cairo to date, worth the extremely long drive from Zamalek.