“Quick City Getaway - Wedding Anniversary” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel

Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel
Ranked #15 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Cairo, Egypt
“Quick City Getaway - Wedding Anniversary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My Husband and I recently celebrated our 2nd anniversary at the Renaissance Cairo Mirage. We spent 1 night, and it was fun, they decorated the room with some heart-shaped candles and glitter. The hotel is small and modern compared to the JW Marriott which is in the same location. Check in was quick, we had a golf view room which wasn't the best as it overlooked the Mirage Villas and then the golf area of the JW Marriott. We had our Breakfast overlooking the pool, it was delicious and had a variety of pastries. We used the golf car to go to the Spa at the JW Marriott but we had a problem that the car wasn't available on time even though we requested it upon Check in, however, the Duty Manager there resolved the issue immediately.

Room Tip: A pool view room is better than the golf room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hani Z, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest

First of all let me thank you for choosing our hotel as a venue,

I was so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, your comments is very important to the team, gives us very useful information and it was shared with the staff members to enhance our level of service

We hope to welcome you on the near future to provide another memorable stay

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
Alexandria, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

New luxury hotel in Cairo, unfortunately I have stayed there for ONLY two nights, but I enjoyed every minute there, I wish to be there again and stay for longer time, the design is a successful combination of the modern style and luxurious atmosphere, I was very lucky because I had the chance to take a room in the swimming pool surrounding area with large terrace that makes you feel that you are in your own villa, the room was large and furnished in modern style, equipped with large LCD, the swimming pool of this hotel is the most remarkable thing in this hotel, it has a whirlpool and a bar with seats in the water, it looks amazing at night. the food is perfect I had my lunch twice in my stay, it was very tasty and has many choices, the location of hotel is bit far of the downtown and historical places, but very near to airport. the car parking is very small in not well organized. I wish to be there again.

1 Thank Amr_Mehrem
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your wonderful comments

As a management team we were very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us

Hope to see you once more in the near future

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

It's a very good hotel I had a great time there with my friends. Swimming in the pool at night is a must try :) Chinoix is a breathtaking experience and the pool is incredibly relaxing. I would definitely recommend it over and over again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sassou10
Dear Valued guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel

I was very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the your pool experiance , your comments will help us to upgrade our level of service and facilities and we are delighted to share it among our team

Once again thank you for taking time to write down your comments and we are waiting for your next visit to our property

Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

We took the children and grandchildren as they are visiting from Houston for RamadanIftar buffet. Since it is new it is not busy so one feels all the service staff is there only for you. The atmosphere in the evening is great. All staff went out of there way to be helpful. The location as mentioned by others is great as it is just afew minutes from the airport just off the Ring road-Suez Road intersection but on the residential side so it is very quiet.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to write your comments about the hotel

I was very happy to know that you enjoyed your food and service experience at the hotel, your comments is very important to us and helped us a lot to create enjoyable experience to our guests

Hope to see you very soon on your next visit

Hani zakher
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I always stay at the J.W.Marriott Hotel in Cairo.
This trip I opted to try a sister hotel to the Marriott which is the Renaissance (only 5 minutes away from J.W.Marriott).
At first I was reluctant but as soon as I checked in and stepped into my room, I was amazed. The cleanliness of the room is simply superb. Had a beautiful view of the pool. Comfortable bed, spacious room, very well equipped bathroom.
The service is so personal in this hotel that you feel you are leaving friends when you check out.
I have tried the Chinese restaurant and did complain about few dishes ordered. The chef came out and apologised with a promise that next time he will make it up for me. I was a little bit disappointed with the quality of the breakfast Buffet. As compared to the J.W.Marriott Buffet it was not that rich.
Having said the above, I must admit that it was a superb experience for me and definitely this will be my first choice hotel whenever I visit Cairo. I am planning a trip next week and have already booked at this fabulous hotel.

2 Thank BDajani
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to share with us your feedback

I was so happy to know that you enjoyed your room location and cleanliness also your comments for the food and beverage service is very valuable to us to monitor our food quality and guest service

Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back very soon

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Firstly i would like to say that i have a couple of excellent points to mention and names also .. Firstly, the rooms are amazing mine was a pool view room they are lovely
Second, the pool is lovely and i have to mention Mina working in the (sol bar ) pool bar he is super friendly and he is excellent in service unfortunately i didnt get his second name but i must say he made my stay heavenly as the second day wasn't amazing as first because he was off he is incredibly fast in service and friendly..
Third the breakfast is unforgettable especially the pan cakes they are heaven ..
I must say it is the best hotel in town seriously and the first different concept live life to discover and it is a discovery ..

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Moessam
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us

I was very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and the pool experience, your feedback is good chance for us to enhance our level of service

Hope to see you very soon

monza
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

The hotel is nice and new - still some finishing work going on here and there. It is not as nice as the sister hotel a few 100 m away the JW - but obviously the rates are lower. Pool is lovely and the rooms vrey nice - though my shower leaked, so some teething problems, but nothing serious. A little oasis of calm in chaotic Cairo.

Room Tip: ask for a pool facing room - the road facing ones don't have a great view
1 Thank Argillian
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at the Renaissance Cairo Mirage City on Trip advisor.

I am really delighted to read your feedback and it is so nice to hear that you enjoyed our pool during your stay .

We look forward to welcoming you back to Renaissance Cairo Mirage City in the near future.