“Cairo stay”

Ranked #16 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Cairo stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel as the location was near to our family who we were visiting, the hotel overall was nice but there wasn't the attention to detail as a few faults in the bedroom, the hotel was extremely quiet and yet we got a view of the car park whereas the previous visit we had a pool view, these are details which didn't impress us. The breakfast was ok. We had requested a bed for my son which didn't arrive once we had returned to the hotel. I would stay here again if we needed to but would also look at other options. However the pool side bar served a beautiful seafood lunch.
We didn't go into the centre of Cairo, didn't feel it was safe to go.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Emma C
Hani Z, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Valued guest

First of all let me thank you for choosing our hotel as a venue

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience that you encountered regarding your room location and your request for the extra bed

We are taking your comments seriously and corrective action start to be implemented to avoid such situation from Reoccurring again during your next visit

We hope to welcome you again in our property to give you an enjoyable and memorable stay

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here twice within a short time and my review is based on the overall impression from both visits. The staff were welcoming the first time but less so the second when there appeared to be a change of staff especially the chefs. The first chef was helpful and charming, the second appeared disinterested and the standard of his cooking was not as good. The breakfast buffet has a wide choice but pre booked food was dry for our second stay. An attempt at a nice touch was the provision, of a local drink at breakfast.
Good security is in place with lovely dogs!

The food served at the pool side is good.
The hotel site is well planned on a small site but is not easy to find way around with no floor guides on lifts. The pool area is good but the rooms around it appear to lack privacy. We accidentally found a small children's area which was not signposted at all. An attempt to be family orientated but too small and lacking facilities. Facilities are shared with the JW Marriot but that requires a transfer and their family facilities are much better.

There are signs of poor organisation. For example there was no third bed in our room despite a request. We pre booked the third bed for our return and it was still not there though we did get an apology
The rooms are well designed and all you need provided by way of toiletries, a welcome bowl of fruit , bottled water and some unidentifiable yoghurt drink which was not cleared away for 3 days. The hotel has only been open for a year apparently but is already showing signs of tiredness and a bit of TLC is needed in the bedrooms. There were rings on some of the furniture. The carpet was wet. Our 4 year old pointed out that desk cream chair had spots on it. The rooms did not give an overall feeling of cleanliness and the drawer under the coffee shelf had a lemon pip, uncleaned juice and open sugar packets in it. The rooms we had were non smoking but the first room smelt of cigarette smoke. The beds are comfortable but the barking of the dogs in the area can be clearly heard and the windows could be better insulated.

The location was good for what we needed but definitely not a location for tourists. Would suit business travellers but would not use again or recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for room with pool view. Do not be fobbed off with car park. Ground floor lacks privacy.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued guest

Thank you for taking time to share with us your comments about your stay at Renaissance Cairo Mirage City
First of all let me express my deep apology for the inconvenience that you encountered during your stay, I would like to assure you that all your comments was shared with the hotel management and corrective measurement start to be on place.

Once again thank you for your comments that helped us to raise our level of service to meet your expectation on your next visit

I do sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

First things first, this is a noisy hotel. The staff were outside my room at 2130 this evening hoovering. It is now 2200 and I can hear loud music from somewhere at the end of the corridor. Apparently there is a live band playing here tonight. Normally not a problem but I have a 0600 start tomorrow. If you are in a 54/53 room you will be next to the service doors. Again the staff congregate there chatting or just basically close the big noisy doors without any consideration for the guests.
The gym is small for such a big hotel and some of the equipment was out of order.
The lobby bar was freezing last night because the automatic doors keep going around even when not in use. What a waste of energy.
Now I am an elite member of Marriott so I usually am a huge fan of this brand but not this hotel.
When I did manage to sleep it was comfortable.
The rooms are well turned out and the bathroom modern.
I hate submitting such a low score for my brand of choice but if it's not right then it needs to be addressed.
Please if someone reads this make your staff aware that behind closed doors your guests are on different time zones and may be trying to sleep.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hani Z, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking time to share your comments with us,

As a management team we already communicated your feedback and have taken sincere actions to avoid same situations from reoccurring again we are waiting for your next stay at Renaissance Cairo Mirage city to give you an enjoyable and memorable stay

Sincere regards,
Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Rennaissance Cairo was a great surprise. I spent five nights there attending a conference and it was just great. The service and staff are incredibly helpful and nice. The food at the Citron restaurant was ok, nothing spectacular, although I had a pretty good sandwich at the hotel bar. The rooms are very comfortable and clean with a really cool design.
This hotel is really close to the airport, but far from downtown (it took me two hours to get from the hotel to the National Museum).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued guest

Thank you for taking time to write this comment about our hotel

I am really pleased to have just read your review and delighted you chose to stay with us , I will defiantly will share all your comments with the team

We are waiting to host you once again in our hotel to give you another enjoyable and unforgettable experience

Hani zakher
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My Husband and I recently celebrated our 2nd anniversary at the Renaissance Cairo Mirage. We spent 1 night, and it was fun, they decorated the room with some heart-shaped candles and glitter. The hotel is small and modern compared to the JW Marriott which is in the same location. Check in was quick, we had a golf view room which wasn't the best as it overlooked the Mirage Villas and then the golf area of the JW Marriott. We had our Breakfast overlooking the pool, it was delicious and had a variety of pastries. We used the golf car to go to the Spa at the JW Marriott but we had a problem that the car wasn't available on time even though we requested it upon Check in, however, the Duty Manager there resolved the issue immediately.

Room Tip: A pool view room is better than the golf room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hani Z, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest

First of all let me thank you for choosing our hotel as a venue,

I was so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, your comments is very important to the team, gives us very useful information and it was shared with the staff members to enhance our level of service

We hope to welcome you on the near future to provide another memorable stay

Alexandria, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

New luxury hotel in Cairo, unfortunately I have stayed there for ONLY two nights, but I enjoyed every minute there, I wish to be there again and stay for longer time, the design is a successful combination of the modern style and luxurious atmosphere, I was very lucky because I had the chance to take a room in the swimming pool surrounding area with large terrace that makes you feel that you are in your own villa, the room was large and furnished in modern style, equipped with large LCD, the swimming pool of this hotel is the most remarkable thing in this hotel, it has a whirlpool and a bar with seats in the water, it looks amazing at night. the food is perfect I had my lunch twice in my stay, it was very tasty and has many choices, the location of hotel is bit far of the downtown and historical places, but very near to airport. the car parking is very small in not well organized. I wish to be there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Amr_Mehrem
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your wonderful comments

As a management team we were very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us

Hope to see you once more in the near future

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

It's a very good hotel I had a great time there with my friends. Swimming in the pool at night is a must try :) Chinoix is a breathtaking experience and the pool is incredibly relaxing. I would definitely recommend it over and over again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sassou10
Dear Valued guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel

I was very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the your pool experiance , your comments will help us to upgrade our level of service and facilities and we are delighted to share it among our team

Once again thank you for taking time to write down your comments and we are waiting for your next visit to our property