“Perfect Staff, Attentive Service - Great Choice”

Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel
Ranked #14 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

It was my first visit to the Renaissance and I can definitely say that it was not the last...Everything was simply perfect...a well arranged Meet & Greet Service at the airport got me swiftly through customs and immigration and to the hotel. The check-in was done very friendly and efficinet and the agent Mohamedescorted me to the room while briefing me about the hotel's facilities. I was allocated a great room with a perfect view of the hotel's pool, thanks to the Nightmanager Tarek!

The room itself was very spaciousand clean, although I would have loved a shower instead of a bathtub..Cleaning service was immaculate throughout my stay.I had a couple of snacks by the pool. Once agan, the service was very good and the food was good as well.

All in all a great hotel with pleasant staff and I look forward to return soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MTraveler1986

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have stayed here many time in the last months and I have to stay well done to everyone at all level.

They do really care about great customer service and you can feel that they are genuine.

Only small comment, Steak taste amazing but never cooked the way you asked. Try to avoid the swimming pool restaurant as you wait hours for your food.

However this will not stop me coming back and making sure everyone knows it is a very good hotel with genuine customer care.

Well done guys.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Room and pool area beautiful. Food disappointing, ordered a chicken salad for lunch with avocado, avocado was hard and my french fries on the side were cold.

However the cake shop in the lobby and coffee were very good.

I was very frustrated ordering room service in the hotel as the operator had difficulty in understanding English. Any hotel where room service is concerned the person taking the order should have a good command in the English language.

Hotel has a nice gym, new equipment.

Some pointers for the hotel. Entrance glass doors were dirty and in need of a good clean, first appearance very important as this sets the tone for the property.

Overall a pleasant stay but improvements in room service and food quality, preparation and standard needs to be looked at.

However staff are friendly polite and wanting to please.

I would stay here again if visiting for pleasure.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank James B
Hani Z, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us

I was very Please accept my sincere apology for your disappointment regarding your room service order and the quality of food

I will certainly be following up on your feedback with the department concerned in order to avoid any reoccurrence of the situation you have explained in your review
Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I do sincerely hope we have the opportunity to invite you back in the near future

Sincere Regards
Hani Zakher
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 14 March 2014

If this hotel were in the center of Cairo it would be perfection. It is brand new and stunningly designed. We were there for one night before our flight back to the US.

Service was excellent. The Executive Lounge was terrific -- great food -- no need to go to a restaurant for dinner.

It''s New Cairo so not recommended as a base for touring but might be great for business people and certainly perfect for a night before a flight.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times now, once for work, once for leisure. As a fairly new hotel, and since the revolution, it's been very quiet. However the hotel is very modern, spacious and extremely clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful..... once you have their attention!

We were met at the airport and taken through immigration formalities...which aren't complicated...but if you don't know, it's helpful to have someone guide you.

It's handy being close to the airport, but there's nothing around the area.

Again, the hotel arranged a trip to Giza for us. As we only had half a day to go (for my mother aging mother to have the opportunity to see the pyramids) I explained very clearly to the concierge that we DIDN'T WANT TO DO THE USUAL TOURIST TRAIL OF PERFUME AND PAPYRUS SHOPS. However, we got taken to a papyrus place.... I made sure we DIDN'T go to the perfume place! I know it's not really the hotel staff's fault, but I was a bit disappointed that we could have had more time around the pyramids when I had specifically made the point of mentioning it. If you don't want to bother with that, I suppose the answer is to say it to the driver or guide who picks you up.

I digress!

In all, the hotel was great. They could do with leaving instructions about where to find all the light switches in the rooms, but we were very comfortable. I liked having the option of a bath or PROPER shower. Nice breakfast....yeah, all's good really.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel is very quiet due to unrest in Egypt but it was so peaceful and friendly.
The hotel is very modern spacious and provides every luxury.
The food was good quality and affordable , nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms are large with choice of bath or shower. A kettle allows you to have a nice cup of hot drink when you need one.

Room Tip: I had a view of the pool which was lovely especially at night when it's lit up. I notice some l...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Josephine747771
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Booked for one night, pre arranged airport pick up at no extra charge. Driver met us at immigration and guided us through formalities, which we very helpful. Hotel not far from airport, maybe a 15 minute drive. Check in very simple, room was very good and bed was extremely comfortable. Can't really find any fault with hotel. Will certainly stay there again. Great value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hani Z, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share with us your feedback about our hotel

I was very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us , and our facilities met with your expectations, yor comments is very important to us and all this nice wards was shred with all the team members

we are waiting for your next stay with us to give you another memorable stay

Regards