“My Stay at Family Palace Hotel, Cairo Egypt”

Family Palace Hotel
Ranked #9 of 53 Cairo B&B and Inns
FCT Abuja-Nigeria
“My Stay at Family Palace Hotel, Cairo Egypt”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Family Palace hotel is in down town Cairo, centrally located in a busy zone and gives you access to transportation anywhere. It is okay for a guest house and the people are friendly and nice. I stayed here for ten days and it was okay. I will sincerely advise the management of this place to improve in the part of making sure the guest rooms are kept clean daily.
The quality of the guest rooms are good, honestly l am impressed about that. The management should also encourage long stay by ensuring that the entrances and environment surrounding the guest house should be constantly clean. Smoking at the reception penetrates into the rooms easily, this should be discouraged.
My overall rating about the Family Palace Guest House is Average.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DOHAFCTABUJA
Mostafa H, Manager at Family Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Mr Don,
Thank you for your review and your advise.
we will make all our efforts to make the hotel better.
Waiting for your 2nd stay at our hotel during this month.

Best Regards
Mostafa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Arabic first
Casablanca, Casablanca, Morocco
Reviewed 24 September 2013

im not from egypte, so as you can imagine i had no idea where i was going or what was around, the hotel manager was so kind he took me out for a whole day to show me the pyramids and all the historical monument in Cairo.
Special thanks for Mr Mostafa Hashad as he was a great help for me.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Yassine D
king-Hashad, Manager at Family Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 16 September 2014

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Family palace Hotel

On behalf of my Team all over Egypt , we thank you deeply for submitting your kind words , Family Palace is very keen to provide only the professional and most talented staff with personal touch , so we can make our guest's trip nice & easy . We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we help you in any upcoming visit to Egypt

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed here in June 2013 for a little more than a week in a private room (but by myself). First, the biggest benefit of this hostel is the incredible staff--so friendly and so helpful, and as a solo female traveler, I didn't feel unsafe at all. Beds are comfortable and rooms are exactly as pictured in any official pictures. Had some difficulty with the toilet, which the staff were quick to help with. A/C and in-room wifi great (they have free wifi throughout the hotel) Awesome location on Mohammed Farid street (very active street, especially at night, with many restaurants, etc.) near Tahrir Square (but far enough away if you're nervous about it), near metro, Easy enough to find and staff were eager to help with (massive) suitcases and refused to accept a tip even though Egyptians usually expect a tip for pretty much anything. No problem with charges/reservations--got exactly what I asked for at the price I had been quoted. Very filling breakfast and tasty enough. Mostly, I'd recommend staying here for the great staff and great prices.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ethan120

cairo
Reviewed 24 September 2013

i enjoyed my staying in this hotel...nice place and clean ,nice staff
i really recommend this place to any visitors .

they also can organize tours. u can ask for there travel desk information mostafa about any request .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mutziCairo

Laguna Niguel
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I arrived in Cairo not knowing anything about the city, i met the hotel manager at the entrance and decided to have a look. I was immediately impressed with their service and charming manners. After viewing the rooms i decided to stay, i ended up staying for more than a week due to the hotels excellent proximity to central Cairo, the museum, all the great food outlets and the hotel staff. I enjoyed staying at the Family Palace hotel so much, that i kept coming back repeatedly after each adventure away from the hotel. I always felt safe, and the guys were always helping me with daily matters and the Egyptian way. The hotel has a great common room where the guests from all over the world mix and share tales of the day. I never had a problem while here at the hotel, in fact i have formed strong bonds with the guys here, they are really cool. The slogan of the hotel is true to it's word...you will never forget it and after such a memorable stay, i will never forget it. 10 out of 10

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo