“Clean, friendly and hospitable”

Family Palace Hotel
Ranked #14 of 61 Cairo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Apart from the excellent location the atmosphere at this place is fantastic!!

The staff is so friendly and very helpful, you feel home being here with them and coming in contact with other travelers.

I liked it very much. I will definitely recommend this place to others specially to solo travelers. Thanks guys !

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alex T
king-Hashad, Manager at Family Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Family palace Hotel

On behalf of my Team all over Egypt , we thank you deeply for submitting your kind words , Family Palace is very keen to provide only the professional and most talented staff with personal touch , so we can make our guest's trip nice & easy . We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we help you in any upcoming visit to Egypt

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Cozy hotel with the help of Mostafa, an accomplished egyptologist who loves his country and is ready to share the ins and outs of Cairo and Egypt.
Cleanliness is defintely a quality and you are close to whatever there is to buy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank JoseRenatoCarollo

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Family Palace Hotel is located in the heart of downtown. It is surrounded by many shops, food is readily available, the room is spacious, and the staff is very nice and very helpful. A good choice.

The rating of "Average Location" is due to the fact staying in downtown Cairo can be intense and noisy and while I like it a lot, it isn't for everyone, especially those looking for a more western experience. If you are here to just "see the sights" this hotel should be quite but understand you are in the center of all the action.

For me, sleep quality was good, but I had a white noise machine. Again, this is Cairo. Horns honk all night, constantly. The second I turn on the machine, I hear horns. The second I shut it off, I hear horns. This is very normal for Cairo. As I was told my first day my a local: "To cross the street, you shut your eyes, and pray to God."

That said, Mostafa (who runs the hotel) is a great trip planner and offers several tour deals for your trip. The tours are trustworthy and you have your own personal driver for the day. The room is comfortable and clean and surprisingly large considering the prices. I also never really felt pressured into doing anything here-which, if you're a tourist in Cairo, you know is very intense, again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank JarredNY

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Staffs here are very nice and friendly, when I ask them some questions about Cairo they are very willing to answer us and give us a free shuttle from airport.

Also, the luggage service overall is very safe. They give me the receipt. Just like uk's luggage service. It's very good

Price is very fair
If next time I go to Cairo i will still choose here!

Room Tip: ask to see the room first
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jimmy j

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Family Palace hotel is in down town Cairo, centrally located in a busy zone and gives you access to transportation anywhere. It is okay for a guest house and the people are friendly and nice. I stayed here for ten days and it was okay. I will sincerely advise the management of this place to improve in the part of making sure the guest rooms are kept clean daily.
The quality of the guest rooms are good, honestly l am impressed about that. The management should also encourage long stay by ensuring that the entrances and environment surrounding the guest house should be constantly clean. Smoking at the reception penetrates into the rooms easily, this should be discouraged.
My overall rating about the Family Palace Guest House is Average.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DOHAFCTABUJA
Mostafa H, Manager at Family Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Mr Don,
Thank you for your review and your advise.
we will make all our efforts to make the hotel better.
Waiting for your 2nd stay at our hotel during this month.

Best Regards
Mostafa

Reviewed 24 September 2013

im not from egypte, so as you can imagine i had no idea where i was going or what was around, the hotel manager was so kind he took me out for a whole day to show me the pyramids and all the historical monument in Cairo.
Special thanks for Mr Mostafa Hashad as he was a great help for me.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Yassine D

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed here in June 2013 for a little more than a week in a private room (but by myself). First, the biggest benefit of this hostel is the incredible staff--so friendly and so helpful, and as a solo female traveler, I didn't feel unsafe at all. Beds are comfortable and rooms are exactly as pictured in any official pictures. Had some difficulty with the toilet, which the staff were quick to help with. A/C and in-room wifi great (they have free wifi throughout the hotel) Awesome location on Mohammed Farid street (very active street, especially at night, with many restaurants, etc.) near Tahrir Square (but far enough away if you're nervous about it), near metro, Easy enough to find and staff were eager to help with (massive) suitcases and refused to accept a tip even though Egyptians usually expect a tip for pretty much anything. No problem with charges/reservations--got exactly what I asked for at the price I had been quoted. Very filling breakfast and tasty enough. Mostly, I'd recommend staying here for the great staff and great prices.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo