“Just another Filthy Hotel”
Review of King Hotel

King Hotel
Ranked #85 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Exter
“Just another Filthy Hotel”
Reviewed 3 December 2009

I was totally disappointed after I arrived to king hotel. At first the reception said that we had no reservation, but after an hour of keeping us waiting we were finally given our room.
The Room was small, and not clean we felt as if it was not clean from months ago, the bathroom was just disgusting, we asked them to change the room, so after a long discussion in a very rude way they gave us another room, it was little better but we were shocked to find the bed sheets had Stains and hair, it was clear that it was not changed from the last time the room was occupied. We were very tired so we just put the towels on the bed and slept on it. Our Reservation was for one night so the best thing we did was checking out. I really do not recommend this Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
21 Thank Exter90

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
Athens, GREECE
Reviewed 27 November 2009

The room was not that clean, but the service was great and the staff very helpful.
A nice and safe area, close to the city centre. If it was for a couple of nights stay, i'd choose it again. Try to ask for a room not close to the elevator side! (noisy!)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
St.Petersburg
Reviewed 20 November 2009

The location of the Hotel is excellent and very safe. This is not expensive Hotel, but it is very clean, may there is nothing fancy, but the service from everyone is perfect! They have a very good continental breakfast every morning, very good. We wanted to have sightseeing and they organized it for us quickly, professional and not expensive. If you want to keep within a budget, I highly recommend King Hotel. Thanks.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 15 November 2009

This was an inexpensive hotel, but was very clean, nothing fancy, but the service from everyone was top of the world. I told them I wanted to see Cairo and do a Nile River cruise, they set everything up including transfers from the hotel to airport, train station, and even train tickets. We had a personal guide everywhere we went and was fantastic. They had a continental breakfast every morning, that was good. If you aren't looking for fancy and want to keep within a budget, I highly recommend King Hotel. Thanks Osama.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
cairo
Reviewed 23 October 2009

arrived late yesterday to this hotel at 11 in the evening after having booked a room a week prior.. upon arrival i var offered a welcome drink but later i found out it was not because it was the custom but so they could have time to prepare the room for me!!!! after waiting 20 min i was led to room 701 which was dirty the aircon sounded like a train and water was dripping i the bathroom ... i complained and was offered another room... room 304, after checking the beds i found nasty stains on the sheets so i once again complained... the guy at the reception offered to fix the aircon and the water dripping in the first room if i waited half an hour... because the time at this point was 1 a clock in the morning i agreed and after half hour he said it was ok so i went upstairs but it wasn't not the aircon anyway... when i said i was leaving he then said they had cleaned room nr two the 304 so i went upstairs AGAIN to check it and was it cleaned?? surprise surprise NO!!!!! (i even pointed out the (nasty) stains to the guy who followed me up stairs and had him confirm them to the guy in reception because he did not believe me) at this point i was so tired and pissed off that i asked them to arrange a taxi 4 me so i could find another hotel at 2 in the morning!!!! and what happened?? the taxi showed up but it was a friend of the piccolo who demanded 25 pounds to take me to downtown and the hotel is in dokki!!!!... naturally i declined and walked off on my own found a taxi and payed 7 EP... they were trying 2 rip me off again... if this hotel is 3 star at Egyptian standards then Egypt surely doesn't have any standards at all... to people considering this hotel i would say don't book anything if you think i am joking show up and see the rooms 4 ur self also ask 4 rooms in lower floor so u don't end up listening 2 the noise coming from the roof top terrace... i see some people have given the hotel good reviews and surly the hotel had plenty of customers when i was there and there was a lot of noise up on the roof terrace indicating that some people liked it... this can mean that i just was really unlucky but the fact remains that they tried to rip me off with the taxi fare at the end so be careful when dealing with this hotel.... if there is some doubt yet i really really would not recommend this hotel to anybody...

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Finn

17 Thank eko064

Travellers are raving about these Cairo hotels

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I had the most incredible 4 days in Cairo ever and it was all due to the wonderful people at the King Hotel. From the moment I walked into the lobby (they had a car waiting for me at the airport) I knew I had made the right choice. My room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. The staff were all polite, friendly, and made me feel like I was family. I was never without a Mint Tea, (best in the world) and I spent hours talking with everyone down in the lobby. The people who work at the King are the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I am honoured to now call them my friends. Osama, you can be very proud of your staff and your hotel, and I thank you from my heart for everything you did for me to make my stay in Cairo the most amazing 4 days of my life. Thank you Sam for your company; Hassan for my beautiful perfume; the entire staff for their warmth and hospitality; and Adel because you are so very special. The finest 5 star hotels in the world can't offer what the King Hotel gave me...... new friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank terri-lynn_2009
Minas Gerais
Reviewed 6 August 2009

When I am in trips of businesses in Cairo, I always stay at the King hotel that offers me
good services, excellent location, restaurant service and coffee, rooms with conditioned air, tv and telephone, employees that speak the English language, internet 24 hours and with special price and still it works in the covering a wonderful restaurant, with a characteristic decoration, music and good attendance. It is worthwhile to check!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank reginaegito
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cairo
Concord Hotel
Pharaohs Hotel & Casino
City View Hotel
City View Hotel
#22 of 137 in Cairo

Been to King Hotel? Share your experiences!