“Excellent stay”

Ranked #21 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Longchamps for one night and could not have found a nicer hotel centrally located on Zamalek. It has charm, warmth and a friendly atmosphere. The staff are always smiling, helpful and welcoming. The room was newly refurbished and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable bed and the bathroom very stylish with all amenities in place. The breakfast was good and had a nice selection of cereals, bread, spreads, fresh fruit and cheeses. It's location is ideal for any trip within and out of Cairo.I would recomend Hotel Longchamps to anyone visiting Cairo, be it the first or one of many visits.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SFH2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Boston
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was my second time staying at Hotel Longchamps and even though a few things weren't perfect, I was so glad I chose to stay here again. It really just feels like home, and Hebba is always there with a huge smile and overflowing energy to welcome you at the end of the hallway.

When I came back from a busy and stressful day in Cairo, there was a real flower arrangement in a vase on my desk, and the chair was pulled out slightly. The bed was turned down, my laundry was perfectly folded and placed at the end of the bed, and everything showed such care. That totally made my day.

The breakfast is generally a little stale and cold, but I love the classical music and the juices are really good. My room was a little stuffy, but it aired out quickly. There is no iron or hair dryer but oh well - maybe you can get them at the desk, I didn't bother asking. I was traveling with a lot of cash and even though there were signs advising against it, I just left it all in my suitcase when I went out because I trust Hebba and her staff completely.

I will definitely be back next time.

Room Tip: wi-fi can be spotty but i haven't figured out the secret of where it's best. if fast wi-fi i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vered44
Bend, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Cairo is loud, busy and overwhelming. Hotel Longchamps in Zamalek is an unassuming quiet retreat. The accommodations were clean, the breakfast spread is surprisingly generous and delicious, and the staff is friendly, professional and welcoming. We were so thankful to find our choice of hotel relative to other options in Cairo!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Janine T
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Longchamps is perfect for people who aren't into big impersonal chain hotels but are looking for more of a homely yet comfortable option. The guesthouse is located in a backstreet of Zamalek - a charming little area to explore in its own right. Our room was spacious and light, with what appeared to be a recently refurbished bathroom, the bed was comfortable, there was a balcony and the room was quiet. Hebba, the owner was friendly and helpful and obviously goes to great lengths to ensure the place runs smoothly. The public sitting areas were lovely and the breakfast was good. All in all, Longchamps ticked a lot of boxes for us. The only thing I would say that could improve the place even more is that in parts it is a bit dark. The place could do with a little brightening up - nothing a coat of some brighter colored paints wouldn't fix - more in line with the colors in the dining area. Mango and Cherry was what came to my mind.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lisa_om1
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I were walk-ins and stayed at the Longchamps for two nights in April 2014. Ms. Bakry, the owner, is very welcoming and accommodating. We immediately fell for the place thanks to her hospitality and professionalism. She also speaks four languages fluently: Arabic, English, French and German. The staff are very helpful and very polite, and don't interfere with your business.

We stayed in Room 5. It's a standard room with a king bed, a private spotless bathroom with a shower, and has access to a beautiful terrace that's shared with another room. Other rooms have baths so you can ask if that's what you want. Having Al-Jazeera English among other channels was very helpful given that my husband is a photojournalist. The room also has a small fridge, an AC, an electronic safe, and amazing WiFi service. Our room was very quiet, the bed very comfortable, and we slept like babies when we drew the curtains.

Breakfast is served between 7 am and 10 am, and is pretty good. They serve eggs, the traditional fava beans (foul), sausages, butter, jams, honey, fruits, different kinds of bread.. etc. Many delicious fresh juices are also served.

All in all, we loved the place and would highly recommend it to anyone.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When we tried to book online, the hotel always came up as fully booked. When we asked the owner about it after we got there, she clarified that she's NOT on Booking.com or any other similar online booking service. So we highly encourage people to email or call the hotel to make sure there are available rooms. Trust me, it will be worth your while.

Love from Lebanon

Room Tip: Call or email the hotel to book a room as it's not on any online booking service. It's worth...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Naziha B
Lancashire, England
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I feel so lucky to have found this hotel on TA!
I stayed here with two friends the first weekend in March at the end of our trip around Egypt. It was a nice touch of luxury after staying in B&B's. The rooms are large and beautifully decorated, with a good size bathroom and powerful shower. We stayed in executive rooms and surprisingly, the only thing missing were tissues. There was an extensive continental breakfast in a lovely dining room and I really couldn't fault the place at all. In fact, I wished I had booked a longer stay.

The hotel is so quiet that it was hard to believe we were in Cairo. The roads are tree lined and there are plenty of local restaurants.

The staff were very professional and we met the owner, Ms Bakkri, briefly before she left on a trip. We found her to be extremely pleasant and very concerned that everything was satisfactory. I think that past comments about her have clearly been misunderstandings. As a regular visitor to Germany, I believe that she is the typical German hostess, efficient, direct and concerned about the comfort of her guests.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rowz
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Longchamps, while vacationing in Egypt, in February of 2014. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The staff is extremely helpful and always willing to answer any questions. Hebba, the owner of the hotel, runs a very tight ship, and it shows... everything was immaculately clean, even the floors of the outdoor terraces. I highly recommend the Hotel Longchamps. The hotel is conveniently located near many shops and restaurants, all withing walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends