“Amazing”

and up
Private Guided Night Tour of Cairo
Ranked #27 of 324 things to do in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: This island is located in the Nile River between downtown Cairo and Giza, and is characterized by upscale hotels, restaurants and pleasant gardens.
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was in cairo last week and me and my friends were staying in the Marriot the Hotel was very good! Zamalek is very nice and safe we would walk around at night nothing happened! I love the restaurants there, book stores, nigthlife, pubs everything was excellent but the only thing was lots of beggars!

4  Thank JenJenny9283

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I live in Cairo, but in a different neighborhood than Zamalek. And I CAN NOT miss a week without hitting the amazingly urban island at least once!
Packed with amazing restaurants (really the best food in Cairo, excluding hotels, is to be found here), hip cafes, book stores, and cultural centers, this neighborhood deserves its given nickname, "The Manhattan of Cairo". It's also one of Cairo's largest expat communities.
My favorite thing about Zamalek, though, is the newsstands that are scattered everywhere, especially on 26th July street. They sell books (EVEN the newest releases) at almost half, or sometimes even quarter, the price that you would find in bookstores. I don't how they manage to sell at such prices, but it is certainly a sweet bargain every time I want to buy a book! They also have the latest issues of many international papers and magazines.
The ONLY pain in Zamalek is the lack of parking spots. Sometimes, it could literally be a nightmare! Also, the traffic, of course. But again, is there ANY place in Cairo that doesn't have its fair share of unbearable traffic? :D

3  Thank MayaTarek
Reviewed 29 July 2013

A place to walk around, find cool restaurants, cafes, bookstores, nail salons, beauty parlours, pubs, almost everything you cool people might want. Come and enjoy it.

2  Thank ZuzuGiza_Egypt
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This restaurant had atmosphere and amazing food. We were warmly greeted and our meal was outstanding. I highly recommend this gem.

1  Thank Claudia G
Reviewed 10 July 2013

If you miss home, Zamalek is the right neighbourhood to hit with its variety of international cuisine. I had Japanese and Italian on two separate nights, having had enough of Egyptian fare. On another, we hit up a shisha joint. Nice place to just while away the long nights but sitting outdoors with the traffic is definitely not conducive for conversations. Traffic stays bad till after 10pm, which is quite the same for all parts of Cairo.

1  Thank wolfegod