“Great service and and excellent value”

Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo
Ranked #29 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have found the hotel comfortable and tidy. The staff are very friendly and have great sense of humor - they are helpful and polite. This hotel is great and has a good links to many areas of interest in Cairo. Around the hotel there are views of interesting buildings. Heliopolis is a quiet residential area of Cairo.

I highly recommend this hotel if you are business or tourist traveler. By the way I also highly recommend to come to Cairo - the streets are safe and the Egyptian people are fun to be with. They have laid back attitude and know how to enjoy life in general.

The communication service is very good, internet, phone...etc.

Room Tip: The area is quiet so there is no problem with noise. I do not know which side is my room but the vi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Emad E, Front Office Manager at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for staying at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo
please accept my sincere appreciation for your positive comments about our hotel & services. I’m so delighted to know that we have managed to meet your expectations
we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo.

There are newer reviews for Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo

Reviewed 23 March 2012

If you want to save a little money fine, but this is still expensive for what you get.
Virtually non existent air conditioning, empty mini bars, poorly decorated, hospital style beds. I would not recommend it. If you like Egyptian wedding celebrations in the lobby, and I do, or very cheap buffet style food then you will be ok. This hotel is mostly occupied by business travelers from the middle east region, and locals . Personally I enjoyed my stay, in the same way as I enjoy a really bad experience at an airport. It is something to talk about, which I would never do about a boring Fairmont or Hilton Hotel.

Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank uktraveller1959

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations
At Baron Hotels, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. Please note that this problem was an exception to our normal practices
we appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

My room had visibly dirty carpet and hair in the sink. Two of the pillows lacked cases, as did the duvets on the beds. The morning breakfast buffet was inedible. The food looked ok, but tasted terrible. When I tried to leave with a tour guide I'd pre-booked, the hotel security staff harassed him--made him show his license, asked him a lot of questions--and then tried to convince me to book a tour with them instead, citing "safety" concerns. What a scam.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 March 2012

the hotel is located in nice and quite area ,good service is provided, may be some rennovation is needed but you can feel satisfied about what is paid for the room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for three nights and i had really enjoyed the nice treatment from the staff , the room given to me was good and facing the historical baron palace as it was my request , internet was chargable but they gave you a free wirless in the hotel lobby. i was really satisfied about the price i paid. i do recommend for those who need relaxation away from the down town.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I have never written a review for a hotel before but my experience with the Baron Hotel was so bad that I feel I really need to voice my opinion on this one.

First thing first: when I arrived at 1am in the morning the staff could not find my reservation even though I had already payed for the room. Mind I arrived 27h later than planned due to a flight cancellation. I had however notified them the day before via email about my late arrival, but apparently in this hotel nobody checks emails.

In the end I was luckily given a room. They "upgraded" me to stay in a suite. I do not know how bad a normal room would have been, but the suite was terrible. If I had not been so tired from the flight I would have asked for a change of room straight away.

Reasons?
The bathroom was filthy with muddy footprints on the floor, no towels (for 2 days), dirty bathtub and sink. The carpet? I have never seen one this dirty. I even found about a handful of these sharp metal staples on the floor which can actually be quiet dangerous if you step on them with bare feet. However I must say the floor was so dirty that I walked around in shoes all the time anyway.
The TV was still switched on when I first entered the room. Strange! Well, there was no proper TV reception anyway.

The next day I put the doorlock on the door because I wanted to sleep in. What can I say? The housekeeper actually managed to break the lock when they tried to force their way in.
The Wireless internet in the room did not work and when I asked about it at reception they told me I could use the internet in the lobby. But guess what? There the internet did not work either.
On my last day I found a cockroach in my room. I am aware that it is difficult to get rid of these little beasts, but I believe a bit of cleanliness would have helped.

I do not mind dated furniture and decor or a missing shower curtain, but in this hotel it feels as if the staff does not care about anything. Do not get me wrong! They were all very friendly but apparently they were just incompetent.

I could go on and on.
Only good things about this hotel are the quiet location, the view over the old palace and the proximity to the airport.

I would have expected all this from a budget hotel in Cairo but not from a 4 star hotel with this price tag.

Never again! Sorry!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank K S

Reviewed 15 December 2011

I stayed as a transit passenger on a Egypt air flight. The hotel is beyond terrible. It's possibly the worst experience. Some points to note:

The rooms are extremely dirty. They have a nice LCD that only looks nice but the signal quality is very poor. The beds aren't real beds. They are actually portable beds that most hotels bring in as the spare bed. They are also not full size beds. The beds are twin size mattresses. The bathrooms have no soap or towels. Towels must be a luxury in this hotel since we had to ask about 6 times before a towel showed up. The tub was originally white but is now black since its not been cleaned. The bathroom also didn't have a shower curtain!!! Paint was peeling from several places, carpet was stained and windows were so dirty one couldn't see through them. All the electronics were unplugged. It had a fridge that you mostly see in dorms in the US. Ofcourse it was empty. Need I say more...

Finally when we went to the restaurant the waiter chased after us and told us that the section for the buffet was closed to us since we were transit passengers. They didn't ask if we would like to eat there or even shared the menu with us. Extremely rude and inconsiderate.

I have neve been so disappointed with a hotel. And more so with Egypt air that booked me in this hotel after I bought a 3k business class ticket.

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family