“First time”

Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo
Ranked #28 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 10 September 2013

It was my first time to visit Egypt and the airline send me to this nice hotel there was a lot of passengers in the lobby but the staff know very well how to manage this number of passengers the breakfast was very good and the lunch meal also I will ask the airline to send me to this hotel again in my return thanks for the hospitality

Room Tip: Baron palace view is nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank David J
Emad E, Front Office Manager at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for staying at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo
please accept my sincere appreciation for your positive comments about our hotel & services. I’m so delighted to know that we have managed to meet your expectations
we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo.
Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Normally, because it has a very good location for me, not only always I am requesting to my company to make a reservation at the Baron, but also myself, when I return from my home to work. Normally, they are waiting for me at the Airport on time. All the staff are very kind with me (the man who is waiting for me at the airport, driver, bell captain, people at the front desk, waiters, managers, all), check in and out, always very fast, normally I have an special treatment. Also it is very nice after a long trip, found in my room an special basket of fruit as a present.
I will return as always, because I feel like at home.

Room Tip: Seventh floor overlooking the street or the Baron's Palace
1  Thank JaimeBahiaBlanca
Emad E, Front Office Manager at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2013

A long lay-over before catching a connecting flight. Have stayed here several times and each time have had cause to complain about poorly serviced rooms, twice no toilet paper and no towels. Dirty floors have also been my experience, however this time I stayed in a room on the 7th floor and it was good. No cause to complain - the breakfast was good, lunch average and dinner also good. The bus trip is quite hair-raising but thats Cairo.

Room Tip: Floor 7 was better than the lower floors I have stayed in
1  Thank Jeremy C
Emad E, Front Office Manager at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to extend my deep apology for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay .I'm concerned with all what you have mentioned and would like to assure you that all mentioned will be subject to a detailed investigation and study, not to have this repeated again to you or any of our esteemed guests in the future. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Thank you.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have read some of the experiences by other visitors to the Baron Hotel and must agree with TorontoGirl 82's comments. The rooms are very old not to mention dirty. On arrival after a three hour delay at the airport waiting for the transit shuttles, breakfast is a welcome. The Baron puts on a great breakfast spread with everything fresh and tasty. The staff are eager to serve the patrons and always try to meet your needs. Unfortunately after breakfast the rest of stay is an anticlimax. lunch is lean and the transit passengers are segregated to a front dining area and served a far lessor meal than the patrons of the hotel on a stay. There are some offers for s tour to the pyramids for $20 or was it $35 or well it was both just depends on who contacts you. Supper is the next experience with transit passengers being offered a crap dinner while other patrons have a lavish buffet. would i choose the hotel for a holiday destination, let me state that you have a better chance of being hit up the butt by a rainbow. the other concerning matter is that on arrival at the hotel people are pushed into sharing a room with another person, when you book the ticket your room is charged by Egypt Air raising the expectation that you will be in your own unit. Come on Baron there are better ways of making money. I hope that whoever reads this will get the lucky transit to LA Passage.

Room Tip: If you want a good room try La Passage.
1  Thank Shane V
Emad E, Front Office Manager at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations

At Baron Hotels, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. Please note that this problem was an exception to our normal practices

we appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had a long layover with Egypt Air and were unexpectedly sent to the Baron for about 10 hours. The staff were friendly and helpful, offered tours into Cairo but were not pushy. Two meals were supplied one was basic but good with plenty of vegetarian options, the evening meal was an outstanding buffet with all the Egyptian favorites. The room was clean and comfortable with great view of the Baron Palace and Cairo beyond. We needed to exchange money and the hotel had a small bank changing money at the going rate without excess charges. I would recomend this hotel for anyone going to Cairo even during the protests because it is not anywhere near the protest sites and is safe. Also close to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Emad E, Front Office Manager at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

It is always a thrill to get a feedback, particularly when it is positive as your experience was.

We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay and marvelous time at Baron Heliopolis Cairo hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with everyone. It really means a lot to us and our team members.

Thank you again for your kind comments and patronage. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

After waiting 3 hours to get to our room on a long 15 hour layover with Egyptair we finally arrived at the hotel. There is little to no security to speak of however we never felt like we were unsafe. The hallway to the room smelled like body odour and garbage and when we got to the room we wouldn't even put out bags on the floor because the room was so filthy. The bedding hadn't been changed from the previous guests (there were hairs in between the sheets) and the drains in the bathroom were all clogged with more hair. We went down to the front desk and were immediately changed to a better room with no fuss. It was slightly better and definitely cleaner although we did find some hairs in the bathroom again. The free room also came with 2 free meals which were mostly inedible aside from the breads, tea and coffee. I would never pay to stay here and am actually paying to spend my return layover at a different hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I was staying at Hotel Baron as part of my transfer package with Egypt Airlines.

Location: WoW! (I can see the Baron palace from my balcony)
Food: Great Spread (vegetarians like me will not go hungry!!)
Price: I can't really comment because the airline paid for it
Service: Great! Girgis and Mohammed at the reception are your "to-go-to" guys for everything!

I would definitely stay here even if I planned a trip of my own.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kartik S

Dear Esteemed Guest,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for sharing your thoughts of Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo with others guests’ on the trip advisor. Your feedback will be influential in improving your experience on your next stay.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the experience. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity once again to serve you in the very near future.

Thank You.