“Best place to stay for easy airport departure!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Cairo Airport

Le Meridien Cairo Airport
Ranked #23 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Dallas, Texas
“Best place to stay for easy airport departure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was booked on a morning flight out of Cairo Airport. On previous trips I've stayed at hotels near the airport but distance and time to travel it are frequently uncorrelated in Cairo! This just opened hotel is connected by a skywalk to Terminal 3. I was able to check in at midnight, get some rest, have breakfast, and catch my flight with no worries, no stress, no hassle! I couldn't get the wifi in my room to work, but front desk had it sorted out quickly. I would have liked it if I could have had eggs cooked to order at breakfast, but I made do with the smoked salmon (yummy!).

My Egyptian host provided me with his car and driver for the ride to the airport ... good thing it was late at night with little airport traffic because it was tricky finding the entrance to the hotel despite the signs ... had I been driving I would still be going in circles! Security at the driveway entrance was tight, very tight -- the driver had to produce a lot of documents, they searched the vehicle before opening the steel gates.

The hotel is fantastic and grand in appearance, if somewhat sterile. The room was perfect with a nice view of the airport. Staff were first rate and accommodating. Really very nice.

Room Tip: Don't forget to take your keycard with you when you leave the room - you need it to operate the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank down2biz
Chris N, General Manager at Le Meridien Cairo Airport, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your review and positive comments pertaining to your stay at Le Meridien Cairo Airport. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able t meet your needs and expectations. Regretfully, we do not have the facilities for preparing eggs to order in the Club Lounge breakfast, however, for future reference, these could have been prepared via room service or alternatively, the full restaurant buffet is available at no additional charge in the EVOO restaurant. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in the future.
Chris Newman - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Checking in for a one night stay, I was escorted to my room by one of the concierge team, who noticed the AC had been left on too cold and the condensation was dripping out to form a small puddle. A new room was arranged over the phone by the concierge staff member, who let me into the new room (just down the hall) with a pass key, and he then ran down to reception to get my pass key recoded for the new room - while I was settling in and unpacking my overnight things.
The rest of the service I received was equally heartfelt, but that is the easiest example to explain.
Also, none of the staff loitered waiting for a tip

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RMJ1066
Chris N, General Manager at Le Meridien Cairo Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words and feedback concerning your stay at Le Meridien Cairo Airport.
I was delighted your enjoyed your brief time with us and I will ensure this is communicated to the person and department concerned. I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.
Kind regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent service. Was upgraded to Club floor as I am SPG Platinum. Good service on club floor, They ask you to check in directly on the club floor which is a nice touch.

Shuttle service to Airport was on time and very convenient.

Very friendly and attentive staff!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RSA14
Chris N, General Manager at Le Meridien Cairo Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for you kind words and loyalty to Starwood through SPG. I will certainly pass this information to the team here. Wishing you safe onward travels and hope to see you again soon in Cairo.
Best regards
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

It is an amazing Hotel in the overview. Also in a professionally way of review it is a great one, starting with friendly staff. They are so kind and helping you with what you want, they are always around you can ask for anything they would like to help.
There is a gate from here directly to Terminal 3 Cairo International Airport, it called the Bridge. I loved the way it looked.
So quite with a good music to listen in the corridors and open areas, once you got to your room it has all you would like to have even in your own home.
Illy machine, cattle, desk, big TV so organized, iHome, 2 Phones, wireless internet and cable one.
Romantic for my opinion, and pool side view is such an amazing one.
You will never miss a flight, or wait at the airport because you have a better place here.

I will continue writing to this one again later on.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side are amazing with view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris N, General Manager at Le Meridien Cairo Airport, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words concerning your recent stay at Le Meridien Cairo Airport. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly communicate your feedback with the team here at the Hotel.
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

No room wake up call at 4 am as promised , No early breakfast box as promised , bell man came to pick bags after 4 calls and 30 minute wait -we had a plane to catch :(
Check in staff not very courteous.

that said, Sports restaurant staff and chief + restaurant receptionist were excellent.
I will be back & I hope the management can explain to its staff that as a Airport Hotel time is the most important thing since most guests need to be on time to catch flights.

Room Tip: Do not depend on wake up calls!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. There were clearly some serious shortcomings in the service provided and I would like to apologize most sincerely for the upset and inconvenience caused. I noted that you are due to visit again in the coming weeks. Please can I ask you to kindly drop me a line directly when you book chris.newman@lemeridien.com and will take care of your arrangements personally. In addition, if you could spare me a few minutes when at the property, I would appreciate the opportunity to apologize in person. Again, I am very sorry you were inconvenienced in this manner, and I hope to hear from you shortly.
Regards
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

The number one selling point of this hotel - and the reason I chose it - is that it is connected directly to Cairo airport, so no need to negotiate the phalanx of touts to get a taxi or shuttle. It is a little bit of a walk, and not sign-posted very well, but eventually I found it. Upon arriving I could not identify reception, but as with virtually everything else that happens in this hotel - if you stand still for a single moment someone on staff will be on you to direct you to the right location.

I believe this hotel will be a 4 or 5 in a year's time, but at the moment it is still a three in my mind for a variety of reasons, the main one being that there is only one proper restaurant in the hotel that is actually open ( despite three being advertised) and that is EVOO. However, at that restaurant I had one of the worst meals I've ever had in a hotel. For the rest of my stay I was forced to eat all the rest of my meals at the Sports Bar which sort of worked out a whole lot more cheaply for me and I thought the sandwiches were decent. I could see the renovation going on at those other restaurants, but at the moment they are not open. Nor is there anything else within walking distance, unless one wants to backtrack to the airport. I would have dearly liked to eat something else for dinner, but it wasn't meant to be. Breakfast at EVOO was great, however, so I give them that. I probably lost some weight on the trip as I was hungry virtually the entire time with very limited options.

Some of the positives - the pool was absolutely ginormous and well heated. Since the hotel is a virtual ghost town at the moment, I had it all to myself. More positives - the wifi was free and worked probably more than half of the time, which is better than most hotels I stay. Another positive - the staff, including the unbelievably charming women working reception. They are definitely representing the Le Meridien brand well. One more plus - the rooms are very clean and modern, comfortable, and spacious.

Now, some of the glitches - the card readers in the lifts don't work very well, and I had to trudge over to reception to get new cards made. I feel like that is unacceptable, especially when coming from the pool in shorts. Get those things fixed! I also heard others complaining.

There are no information books in the rooms whatsoever. That is usually the first thing I seek out in a room to see what amenities are available at the hotel and surrounding areas. Nada, except for the limited information available on the TV system.

One more thing - one almost needs a doctorate to figure out how to use the combination knobs for the shower massage/bath/rain shower, etc. After puzzling over it for quite some time I found that I liked the rain shower, but it took a while to get that debugged.

So one more bad thing - the rooms are noisy but mainly because all doors slam and the noise comes right into the room. It's a new hotel - why couldn't they design it with slowly closing doors that don't make much noise? Elevator noise is sort of loud also. I also don't think the thermostat gauges in the room are calibrated correctly - I set the temperature pretty consistently wherever I go but at this hotel I had to ramp it up a couple of degrees because it got to be freezing in the room very quickly.

So, I guess that's it. It's a relatively new hotel and they just need to polish the rough spots and they will be in consistent 4 and 5 territory. For now though, they simply aren't there yet.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank callmeishmael
Chris N, General Manager at Le Meridien Cairo Airport, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Callmeishmael - Thank you for your extensive and comprehensive review concerning your recent stay at Le Meridien Cairo Airport. I would like to apologize for some of the shortcomings experienced. As clearly a seasoned traveler however, I appreciate the time and effort you took to share such balanced feedback.
I review all comments with the team on a daily basis. This is critical during the early stages of the Hotel opening. I certainly have taken onboard your remarks. Some with quick wins and others requiring more time. For your information, we will very shortly have the remaining two restaurants operational as well which will provide significantly more options for dining as mentioned. It is my hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on future occasions where I am sure you will witness the improvements and developemnts.
Chris Newman- General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We visited end of December 2013. Although the hotel had just opened 2 weeks ago, everything was meticulous and functioning perfectly.
Our room was spacious, modern and spotlessly clean. We had a light dinner at the hotel bar. Tasty, in a nice atmosphere, although not cheap. The breakfast was heavenly. Not just in terms of quantity but also presentation, taste and quality.
We booked a tour to the pyramids through the concierge. When we came back they asked us how it was. When we told them that the guide took extra money from us, the ladies at the front desk gave us the money back! That is what I call luxury hotel and service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris N, General Manager at Le Meridien Cairo Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share you experience at Le Meridien Cairo Airport. All guest feedback is discussed with the team on a daily basis and this was of course very motivating to read. I will be looking into the incident regarding the guide at the pyramids and establish what happened to avoid any potential reoccurrence. I am delighted however, the team reacted professionally.
My best regards,