“the best short stay”

Le Meridien Cairo Airport
Ranked #16 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 16 May 2014

29 april i had flight Moscow-Cairo-Accra, with 16 hours waiting in Cairo, i thought this waiting will be horroble for me, but when i check in in Le Meridien Hotel- i was very very happy, Great new hotel, and you dont need to go out from airport to get to hotel. my room was wonderfull, after i went to have a dinner- which was also very deliciuos, and ofcourse i went after to pool area , i smoke really great Shisha (you can not find this shisha in Accra). Thank you Le Meridien!!! espesially i am Thankfull to Besho from latitude bar!!!! he help me a lot - was my guide in hotel, charge my room card, when i cant use elavator- Thank you again Besho- if not you, i could miss my flight!!! i will fly again 23 of june to Cairo and then to Greece, and ofcourse will stay in Wonderfull La Meridien hotel again!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 692Lalalu
Chris N, General Manager at Le Meridien Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your review. It was great to know that we were able to make your transfer experience more enjoyable in Cairo and we look forward to seeing you again shortly on your return.
Chris Newman General Manager

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

What would you have more for a business staying? Walking distance from air terminal, beautiful rooms, friendly people and good food, both at the restaurant and the sport bar. Will definetly come vere again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MarcoBernacchioni
Chris N, General Manager at Le Meridien Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at Le Meridien Cairo Airport and I am delighted that you appreciated the facilities and services at the Hotel.
Looking forward to welcoming you next time.
Chris Newman – General Manager

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was booked on a morning flight out of Cairo Airport. On previous trips I've stayed at hotels near the airport but distance and time to travel it are frequently uncorrelated in Cairo! This just opened hotel is connected by a skywalk to Terminal 3. I was able to check in at midnight, get some rest, have breakfast, and catch my flight with no worries, no stress, no hassle! I couldn't get the wifi in my room to work, but front desk had it sorted out quickly. I would have liked it if I could have had eggs cooked to order at breakfast, but I made do with the smoked salmon (yummy!).

My Egyptian host provided me with his car and driver for the ride to the airport ... good thing it was late at night with little airport traffic because it was tricky finding the entrance to the hotel despite the signs ... had I been driving I would still be going in circles! Security at the driveway entrance was tight, very tight -- the driver had to produce a lot of documents, they searched the vehicle before opening the steel gates.

The hotel is fantastic and grand in appearance, if somewhat sterile. The room was perfect with a nice view of the airport. Staff were first rate and accommodating. Really very nice.

Room Tip: Don't forget to take your keycard with you when you leave the room - you need it to operate the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank down2biz

Thank you for your review and positive comments pertaining to your stay at Le Meridien Cairo Airport. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able t meet your needs and expectations. Regretfully, we do not have the facilities for preparing eggs to order in the Club Lounge breakfast, however, for future reference, these could have been prepared via room service or alternatively, the full restaurant buffet is available at no additional charge in the EVOO restaurant. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Checking in for a one night stay, I was escorted to my room by one of the concierge team, who noticed the AC had been left on too cold and the condensation was dripping out to form a small puddle. A new room was arranged over the phone by the concierge staff member, who let me into the new room (just down the hall) with a pass key, and he then ran down to reception to get my pass key recoded for the new room - while I was settling in and unpacking my overnight things.
The rest of the service I received was equally heartfelt, but that is the easiest example to explain.
Also, none of the staff loitered waiting for a tip

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RMJ1066
Chris N, General Manager at Le Meridien Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your kind words and feedback concerning your stay at Le Meridien Cairo Airport.
I was delighted your enjoyed your brief time with us and I will ensure this is communicated to the person and department concerned. I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent service. Was upgraded to Club floor as I am SPG Platinum. Good service on club floor, They ask you to check in directly on the club floor which is a nice touch.

Shuttle service to Airport was on time and very convenient.

Very friendly and attentive staff!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RSA14
Chris N, General Manager at Le Meridien Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for you kind words and loyalty to Starwood through SPG. I will certainly pass this information to the team here. Wishing you safe onward travels and hope to see you again soon in Cairo.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

It is an amazing Hotel in the overview. Also in a professionally way of review it is a great one, starting with friendly staff. They are so kind and helping you with what you want, they are always around you can ask for anything they would like to help.
There is a gate from here directly to Terminal 3 Cairo International Airport, it called the Bridge. I loved the way it looked.
So quite with a good music to listen in the corridors and open areas, once you got to your room it has all you would like to have even in your own home.
Illy machine, cattle, desk, big TV so organized, iHome, 2 Phones, wireless internet and cable one.
Romantic for my opinion, and pool side view is such an amazing one.
You will never miss a flight, or wait at the airport because you have a better place here.

I will continue writing to this one again later on.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side are amazing with view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Chris N, General Manager at Le Meridien Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your kind words concerning your recent stay at Le Meridien Cairo Airport. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly communicate your feedback with the team here at the Hotel.
Kind regards

Reviewed 15 April 2014

No room wake up call at 4 am as promised , No early breakfast box as promised , bell man came to pick bags after 4 calls and 30 minute wait -we had a plane to catch :(
Check in staff not very courteous.

that said, Sports restaurant staff and chief + restaurant receptionist were excellent.
I will be back & I hope the management can explain to its staff that as a Airport Hotel time is the most important thing since most guests need to be on time to catch flights.

Room Tip: Do not depend on wake up calls!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. There were clearly some serious shortcomings in the service provided and I would like to apologize most sincerely for the upset and inconvenience caused. I noted that you are due to visit again in the coming weeks. Please can I ask you to kindly drop me a line directly when you book chris.newman@lemeridien.com and will take care of your arrangements personally. In addition, if you could spare me a few minutes when at the property, I would appreciate the opportunity to apologize in person. Again, I am very sorry you were inconvenienced in this manner, and I hope to hear from you shortly.
Regards