InterContinental Cairo Citystars
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
1,457 results
All reviewscity stars mallshopping mallhuge malldirect accessclose to the airportbusiness tripclub roompool sidehealth clubroom keylebanese restaurantbreakfast buffetamazing hotelfront officeguest relationsmain restaurantenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Excellent meeting facilities, and good food service. The location is ideal, with connecting doors to the biggest mall in Egypt, with shops restaurants and entertainment. 10 min from the airport. The Gym is quite nice with an overview on the pool, besides the nice outdoor sitting area to watch the matches at night.. enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Pool view (nice view), away from the street side, which might be noisy, ask for higher levels, close to the lift.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2012

If you want POOLSIDE room that you have booked, you will need luck and fight to get it! Apparently you automatically are assumed by IC Cairo to require a room in the 14 story block.... I suggest you ring up and insist on PoolSide Room confirmation before traveling! Good luck... I am very dissapointed with the whole checkin process and feel cheated.

If you are IHG Priority Platinum it seems your upgrade is a newly redecorated standard room on club floor which I was first assigned. I opted to be met at airport, and was given, to me, a undesirable unsuitable room right next to the lifts, despite pointing out at Cairo airport I was an IHG Ambassador as well as Platinum guest.

When sorting out new room in the morning. I refused the standard offer of an upgrade to an Ambassador room on the club floor as for some reason Ambassador Rooms only have power showers NO BATHS, a big no no for me. I was then shown a room below with bath but only half a window which I also refused. Apparently 2 higher floors are already built on this last year for club level guests, but these rooms are not yet furnished so unavailable for another few months. Hopefully these new rooms will have baths in the ambassador rooms.

I had a room with bath, below the club floors, no view whatsoever, just road and buildings, normally more than adequate room but not what I really wanted.... no offer of my booked room alongside the pool. For this reason I am marking Service down to 3 from 5 , every other experience being fully 5*, and recommending avoiding the airport checkin as I definitely felt I got taken advantage of.

Advice, if upgraded to the club floor, this DOES NOT include use of the club lounge which is an open area, no card lock doors. Club room use is US$81 per day, you may prefer to spend this money in the restaurants and bars instead for more personal choice.

Hotel is impressive, extremely spacious, clean and modern, I believe built just 7years ago. Seems to be plenty of lifts, restaurants, and pool side space, though because of current political situation not fully occupied, and with 800 rooms may be different when things improve politically and hotel has more guests. I agree with an earlier review comment that adjacent shopping supermall lacks local Egyptian products a tourist would want to buy.

The pool area is lovely, excellent loungers, nice towels, really big pool good for sunbathing until 3.30pm when high rise buildings block the sun. Poolside was crowded Friday, Saturday which is the Egyptian weekend

Concierge personnel were incredibly helpful and knowlegable, I had an excellent half day trip to Pyramids, but for the museum took a local taxi and enjoyed looking at my own pace. The mercedes limo back to the airport for $20 was well worth it too, and organised with concierge.

I found all the staff, pool, bar, restaurant extremely courteous and helpful, they could not do enough for you, definitely 5* service from them all. For a 5* hotel, I found local drink prices very reasonable, equivalent to 5euros per 0.5 litre can/bottle of local beer. Restaurant prices varied, I found the Esplanade Cafe dinner buffet had very large choice and was excellent value, definitely worth a visit.

I would stay here again, but would want written confirmation of a poolside room booking from a reservations manager before travelling here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The intercon is a wonderful hotel, the only problem I faced was that the furniture is getting a bit old and needs renovation, other than that all is clean, bathroom, bed sheets, carpets, etc.
The staff is not bad, the priority club staff is very good and stands out. I felt really secure in the hotel and I personally liked that only hotel guests can enter the city star mall through the internal connection and vice versa, this gives security and feels safe. Room service was not that fast. The hotel taxi is great, good staff especially (Abou Moustafa driver), but the price is a bit over the edge.

Room Tip: If you are a frequent traveler and reside in internon and holiday inn a lot, then enjoy the ambasador card.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Excellent choice if you are doing business in New Cairo, Nassar City, or Heliopolis. Hotel has all the amenities you could ever want and is connected to the massive City Stars Mall complex for anything else.

Property is new and in perfect condition. Rooms huge, new, and spotless. Service top shelf. I used the service that meets you at the airport and I was ushered through immigration, to a waiting car, handed a key, and was in my room in about 15 minutes with no stop at the desk. Fantastic after an 18 hour trip. I used the Sushi Restaurant (surprisingly good) and had lunch and breakfast in the main restaurant. The only complaint is that the breakfast buffet was around 33 USD which is way too high.

Concierge was helpful. All contacts with staff positive. Car service to airport (car, not shuttle) was only 10 USD. Hotel very close to airport which is a huge plus on the way out of Cairo.

Despite some bad reviews here, I didn't have one issue the whole 5 days. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I spent three nights in this property last May. This hotel would have not been my natural choice in Cairo, were it not for the fact that this time I had to attend an international conference housed at the property. Not having to commute from/to the conference venue was “the” factor behind my choice.
The place is extremely big and devoid of any charm. The ample spaces give to this place a curious “Las Vegas” flavour, which really does not encourage guests to spend time at the hotel. The outdoor pool is nice, but it is located in a very busy area, where everyone passes by, so you can hardly relax there.
This said the property is brand new, well maintained and impeccably clean. Everything seems to function as clockwork, and this certainly goes to the credit of the incumbent management.
Rooms are ample and well appointed, bedding is comfortable. There is also a good choice of restaurants, which unfortunately tend to be overpriced. I tried the Lebanese, which was quite OK.
Breakfast is included in the hotel rate (at least it was included in "my" hotel rate) and is plentiful.
I should mention that the hotel is located next to a top-of-the range shopping mall. Unfortunately the mall caters for the wealthy Egyptian and stocks almost exclusively imported goods. This makes it totally uninteresting for the international traveller, who can find the same things much cheaper everywhere else. I would therefore advise fellow travellers not to waste any time there – unless they need to visit the Pharmacy or the Supermarket for convenience goods – and to ask to their local contacts directions for better places to find genuine Egyptian products (such as Egyptian cotton).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business