“It is always nice to stay at intercontinental ”

Ranked #5 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Alexandria
“It is always nice to stay at intercontinental ”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I feel happy each time I stay at this hotel. Nice rooms with very comfortable bed, clean rooms & welcoming friendly staff. A great location especially the presence of citystars mall. The hotel facilities mainly the pool are very enjoyable.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Ahmed A, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear drhg2005,

I appreciate your loyalty to InterContinental Cairo Citystars and would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadviosr.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Ahmed.azmy@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sanaa, Yemen
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights here using my priority points for reward nights and it was an excellent stay.. I was upgraded to a club room on check in and the room was lovely. Breakfast was delicious with a wide range of choices.. Pool was very nice and my kids loved it... All in all it was a great stay and this hotel provides true luxury!!

Stayed October 2013
Ahmed A, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear c00kie76,

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Gold Member.
Please note that I will share with the team your comments which are very motivating.
Please send me an email on my below listed contacts with your next visit so that I can take personal care of your booking.

Irvine, California, USA
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

After spending several days at this hotel, on a business assignment, I left with a very good feeling about the CityStar Intercontinental Hotel located in Nasr City in East Cairo.
For starter, traffic in Cairo during this period was utterly awful, namely a 1 mile distance may take you as long as one hour! If you need to be in areas East of the Nile, and away from hotel's alley on the Nile, this hotel in my view is the "only game in town".
Rooms are very comfortable, well serviced, excellent mattresses, pleasant linen. Most unique and enjoyable for me was the Nespresso Coffee maker, and the Bose music speaker for the IPod and IPhone.
The most impressive feature in this hotel is the state-of-the-art gym! They probably have the latest cardiovascular workout machines I have seen in the last year.
Their restaurants ( I tried three of them), serve wholesome variety of foods, continental, Lebanese and Asian varieties. I did relay my views to management that they need to do some improvement on food taste, and enrich their deserts offerings. Overall their food service is definitely above average, but it doesn't distinguish this Intercontinental hotel.

Overall I recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. DimasR,

Thank you for recommending our hotel and taking the time to share such a great review.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Algiers
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel
very close to my customer location, so it was a perfect location
Room was good, comfortable, clean and efficient
Internet access was good, food as well (you have so many choices from different restaurants)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ahmed A, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Imed_DZ,

Thank very much for taking the time to post this review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were invited to a wedding on 6/6/2013 at one of the hotel's ballrooms. Me and my wife decided to check-in for one night. Here are the pros and cons we found

Pros

Hotel is adjacent to one of the biggest shopping centers in Cairo. Its literally connected to the mall, so you can walk from inside the hotel into the mall.

A good food variety in the breakfast buffet.

As guests we were offered free parking for our car.

Free speedy wifi in the hotel room.

Room TV has a great variety of channels to watch.

Tea & coffee maker is available.

Cons

Not all hotel staff are well-informed and updated. Two incidents support this:

1 ) After the wedding was over, I called the operator at 3 am in the morning from our room to ask when does breakfast time end in the hotel restaurant. He clearly stated "Breakfast ends at 11:30am." I said are you sure? And he said yes @ 11:30am. we arrived at 11:00 am for breakfast. The staff on the entrance said they're sorry as breakfast ends at 11:00 am. I told them about the phone call, and they let us in after some debating.

2) Before check-in at the hotel, I called up and asked about parking fees, and the person answering me said he would ask, he put me on hold and got back to me and said "It would cost you 50 LE sir" But at check-in they said it was for free, so it was no big deal.

Finally I would like to mention that they are generally friendly and can be flexible which is a great plus. For instance, we were first admitted to room with a street view. We asked for a better view, so they gave us a slightly bigger room with a Mall view. Pool view would be the best of course, but that did suffice as an upgrade for us.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Aly-Lee,

Thank for sharing your detailed experience at InterContinental Cairo Citystars on Tripadvisor.

We believe that we can only improve and ameliorate our services through guest feedback. Your feedback was very constructive and supporting to improve. I will personally address your comments with the team to ensure consistently correct information are available for our esteemed guests.

Thank you as well for sharing the pros.

Looking forward welcoming you back.

sydney
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Great location for short stopovers, beautiful immaculate hotel attached to mega shopping mall with wstern foid outlets such as mcdonalds, subway, tgi fridays etc. Service by staff was fantastic.. I will stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Ahmed A, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear michealj42,

Thank you very much for this positive feedback about your stay with us at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.
Looking forward welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Five star hotel deserved what u pay for, not far from airport, cool neighborhood, amazing breakfast and variant choice, high class mall just right the corner, I had stayed in room at ninth floor with street view enjoy with peaceful place and high quality sleep. Multi function TV with welcoming note, news paper hanged on door when I waked up. In general nothing to say

• Stayed September 2013
Dear hima2000,

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.
I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.