“Lovely Hotel with a few faults.”

Ranked #5 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. First time visit to Cairo.

Liked:
Spacious Rooms.
Staff very friendly
Lots if security
Attached to a mall
Perfect location
Free Wifi
Bathroom & Hot Water perfect.
Big TV & big windows.
Comfy bed, lovely pillows.

Disliked:
Internet disconnecting
Framed Picture on wall had a crack through the glass,
Electrical sockets falling apart.
Some parts of the carpets were stained.
Bath Tub didn't hold water in, kept draining.
Check in extremely slow,
Room Service - Beef burger wasn't upto hotel standard.
Morning Breakfast - omelet tasted like old oil and metal.

Good hotel & very popular. Excellent prices. A few minor issues.

Room 946.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank khaled_altamimi
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Mr. Khaled,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Cairo Citystars, I appreciate you taking the time to leave your review to let us know about your experience.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel’s Facilities, Location and Free WIFI. We always strive to provide comfortable accommodation and guest satisfaction.

Your feedback is highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

I have noted your comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into and be forwarded to the departments involved.

Thank you again and hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.

Khaled.Shafik@ihg.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,359)

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed there during the new year holidays. It is marvilous, everything is perfect, the rooms the services the staff and the facilities, moreover it is connected to citystars mall which i really like it. One more thing, if u care about breakfast buffet, the best is in Narriot Zamalik.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sa S
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Cairo Citystars and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

Your feedback is very supporting and motivating. I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed our rooms, services, staff and facilities.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

worst 5 nights in Cairo, considering that its 5 Stars hotel the service was awful i think the management is paying peanuts that they have such monkeys working there.
So many annoying things due to the unprofessional staff
For example:
I checked in at 2:00 am and the AC was not working , lights , shower , didnt find a working plug to charge my handy. So i called the the reception and they guy said one hour !
Another day :
We had a group at the hotel and at 3:00 am we asked if the lobby lounge is available and they can serve a couple of drinks , yes they said. They guy at the bar seated us and we asked for our drinks he replied that his colleague will serve us. After 20 min no one came i found another waiter roaming around and asked him if he can look for someone to serve us our drinks , and then he replied no the bar is closed !

That was my first stay at the intercontinental City stars and it will be the last.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SamerAHamid
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Mr. Samer,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback is highly valuable to us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience encountered during your stay with us.

I have noted you valuable comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into and be forwarded to the departments involved.

Corrective action will be taken, and the concerned employees will be coached and trained to handle such situations with more care and professionalism in the future.

Thank you again for your review and hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Just returned from 4 nights in Cairo. This hotel was generally excellent with very polite and helpful staff. Service was first class. As there were two of us, both male with separate rooms booked, we were very fortunate to be upgraded to a residential suite which had two on-suite double rooms, huge lounge and a small kitchenette area with microwave, fridge freezer etc. There was also a box bedroom with shower and w.c., must have been for our butler!

My only issue was that it was very cold; Cairo had just had snow for the first time in a hundred years, we found out that our air con was faulty and the only way was down as far as the temperature was concerned, our first night the whole suite was no warmer than 15 degrees, in Cairo!

This was very promptly repaired when we reported this on the second day and we then managed an almost balmy 20.5.

Could not fault the beds or linen in any way.

Room service was used only once but was very fast and vey efficient.

We will stay here again on our next trip to Cairo.

A quick note, although there were three TV's in the apartment, two of them could not be switched off from the remote. The batteries were low in the third. Little things, but in a five star hotel they should be checked.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank marjohn56
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Marjohn56,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience on Tripadvisor to make us aware of the service and quality issues you encountered.

I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed the hotel's facilities and services.

I have noted your comments which will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Look forward welcoming you back soon at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Very good hotel. I had an executive floor check in which was efficient.

The room was nice. The bed was nice. Home automation excellent but a briefing should be given on how to use.

The club lounge was nice. Its breakfast was good even at the club lounge level.

The only problem was the waiting time for elevators.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

I appreciate your detailed feedback about our hotel and would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed our Facilities and the Executive Room.
Reference to the elevators, sometimes it takes longer when the hotel is fully occupied, I hope it did not caused any inconvenience.
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon at InterContinental Cairo Citystars,

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed on the new 16th floor (which some hotel staff call club signature rooms and others call club deluxe). The rooms are a good size and well-endowed with features and amenities, including a whirlpool, electric curtains and a very comfortable bed and pillows. Some staff really excel in their service orientation. Granted, the location may not be the best for tourism, but easy access to the airport and to the adjoining mall make up for that.

While the hotel is generally good and in fact a better option than other hotels in that part of Cairo close to the airport, a few little annoyances made some aspects of my stay not live up to expectations. For example, the hotel transfer from the airport cost me 345 pounds, but to the airport cost only 60 pounds. Both cases covered only the car and driver (no meet and greet or anything), so this anomaly remains a mystery and I can only recommend avoiding the hotel's transfer from the airport. I had breakfast at the lounge and found the service lacking despite there being only two occupied tables; three wait staff spent their time socializing with each other while a fourth one was attending to customers, but did not take any proactive measure to ask if I would like coffee or tea till I finally managed to catch her attention towards the end of my breakfast experience (I opted to have breakfast at the main restaurant after that experience). In the bathroom, the shower's water power is a bit weaker than in lower floors I stayed at before, but this was not a big issue. More importantly, no hot water was available in the bathroom sink. I asked for this to be fixed, and I think they did try to fix it, but did not manage. This was unfortunate and a definite low point for a five-star establishment, because it meant that I had to use the shower if I needed hot water for shaving for example. Finally, even though the 16th floor was built more recently than the rest of the hotel, the windows are still not sound proof (though double glazed), which can be an annoyance for those who know how noisy Cairo traffic can be.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Globalist-at-large,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at InterContinental Cairo Citystars and would like to thank you for sharing it on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed the hotel's facilities, services and the location near the mall. Reference to the airport Pick-up and Drop off Services, it costs 50 USD equivalent to 345 EGP for the Pick-up (Covered the Car, Driver and a Luggage Assistance), Drop off costs 60 EGP (Covered only the Car and Driver) according to the hotel’s price list.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your breakfast at the lounge, the concerned employees will be coached and retrained to insure such behaviors do not occur in the future. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation at our hotel.

I have noted you valuable comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into and be forwarded to the departments involved, and immediate action will be taken to rectify any shortfalls.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me on the below mail.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon,

Reviewed 3 December 2013

It was an amazing 15 day stay. We went for work and stayed in the executive rooms with access to the 15th floor lounge. Worth every penny. I didn't think it was that expensive for the services that we got.

Room Tip: Any executive room is a great choice.