“The good and the bad”

Ranked #2 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Cairo, Egypt
“The good and the bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is my 2nd visit to the hotel after my first visit 3 years ago , first everything went wrong from reservation to luggage handling delay to check in for 50 minutes to cleanness of the hotel to food on breakfast for staff loudness .
I decided to check out but before that i thought that i should contact the Management and be more constructive .
To tell the truth i was amazed with Management reaction which took minutes only to change everything and take all observations positively and deal with them not only for me but in all areas.
I was contacted by their duty Manager Mr Adel and then their active house keeping excellent manager Mr Osama and then Food and Beverage Manager Mr Mohammed and finally visited by Mr Marc from the club membership dept.
The Management made sure to correct the situation and i felt that they are really keen to keep guests expectations as a priority they whole situation changed and they were following up daily specially Mr Osama.
I would like to thank the hotel Management and the polite and attentive staff but at the end i would like the to reconsider the air condition in the hotel specially in the summer and to put more staff in the pool side rooms area .

Room Tip: Main building rooms are serviced better
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Mr. Akram,

Appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel and to share your review.

Your feedback is very constructive and supporting, I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your suggestion about the Air Conditioner has been noted and we will make sure that this will be looked into and forward it to the department involved.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Khaled.Shafik@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
ESBO, FINLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed a whole week for business in May and was quite satisifed. Actually satisfied enough to go there again next week. The hotel was able to produce gluten free bread for me at breakfast and this is always a plus and an indication of service in my book. The pool side restaurant Al-Bustan produced an absolutely excellent gluten free version of their fillet steak, where the chef made a special delicious pepper sauce for me. Also tried their Japanese restaurant, Shogun, and found their food excellent. I might have chosen the wrong food in the Lebanese restaurant as my chicken was overcooked and quite dry. The hotel is clean. I also very much appreciated the birthday cake I had waiting for as it happened to be birthday during my stay. Too bad I couldn't eat but the glazing due to my gluten intolerance. Had no access to the Club Lounge even if I have a Platinum Priority card and so I can not comment on that. My only complaint in this hotel is that if you ordered a car to the office at 08:15 it could turn up at 08:25 or even as bad as 08:45.and then you were too late for the meeting. This is not acceptable in a hotel with this many stars.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Dag_Finland,

Appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of the service and quality issues you experienced during your stay with us.

We have noted your comment about the hotel limousine service and we will make sure that this will be looked into and forwarded to the department involved. It is our goal to consistently provide superior services at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

On a positive note thank you for highlighting that you enjoyed our facilities.

Look forward welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I booked only one night , but I found it wonderful

1. Standard room : it's very big and comfortable
2. Breakfast : amazing egyptian breakfast

Overall , I like it and I decided I will come again in my next visit

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Mr. Ahmed,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Cairo Citystars and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

Your feedback is very motivating, I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and our breakfast buffet.

Looking forward welcoming you back soon.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here briefly upon arrival (one night) and prior to our departure (one night) We had different rooms each time. The first room had a glorious view of the city and overlooking the pool. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom had a large stain in the center of the floor. It looked as if fingernail polish remover spilled and permanently etched a place on the marble tile. Housekeeping was slow to respond to requests. Our second room was much less desirable even though we pre booked it at the same time as our initial check in. It had a view of a roof with loud air conditioning units. The pillows were worn and uncomfortable. This room was clean though. I did not bother asking housekeeping for anything because of how dreadfully slow they were before. The lobby is magnificent. Fresh flowers were colossal in size and beautiful to see upon entry. The City Stars Mall complex was a nice treat. Seven floors of shopping. Luxury goods, clothing, perfumes, and several restaurants to choose from. If I return here, I will be very clear what my expectations are up front. I think because I was tired from exploring and touring, I just wanted to rest.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Mr. Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the service and quality issues you encountered during your stay with us, Your review is very valuable to us and all your comments have been noted.

I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and location.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon at InterContinental Cairo Citystars,

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Housekeeping is annoying with their knocking even though u have DND sign on ur door, if u don`t open they will call you.
Bar by the pool - they all have to be trained for service standard as well as learn how to mix cocktails and to improve English asap.
We had very polite room service and receptionists are great as well.
Do not book excursions from hotel as its a rip off, or allow concierge to call you a taxi (they asked us 160egyptian pounds for what cost us 23 egyptian pounds with regular taxi that put his meter on). I found nice taxi guy Waleed and he took us to pyramids and waited for us. Either ask him to switch meter on or agree on a price. His number is 00201094068300.

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Nanoush007,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience encountered during your stay at our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior services at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

All your comments have been noted and immediate action will be taken to rectify the shortfalls. We believe that we can only improve and ameliorate our services through guest feedback.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me on the below mail.

Thank you again and hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We joined friends staying here for Dinner. A stunning luxury hotel we immediately wished we had stayed here. Everything about this hotel is impressive. The staff were exemplary - very attentive service. The food was outstanding - each course was perfection and beautifully presented. We sent our compliments to the chef. I will without a doubt stay here on our next visit.Very highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Regulartraveller01,

I appreciate your valuable comments about our hotel and would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed our services and facilities.

Please note that I will share with the team your comments which are very motivating.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Really it is a luxurious hotel which is obvious in every tiny details in that hotel, in the lobby decorations,floors,ceiling, rooms even toilets with small lakes full of colored fishes.
It is a very good choice for big number attendees meeting with its huge meeting rooms.
The only point to improved is food quality & varieties.

Stayed January 2014
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Mr. Bishoy,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Cairo Citystars. It is real pleasure to read your review and all your comments are very much appreciated.

I am delighted to know that our facilities were up to your expectations and that you enjoyed staying with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Director of Sales & Marketing