“not the Hilton that Conrad built.”

Hilton Cairo World Trade Center Residences
Ranked #28 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 24 November 2009

The bottom line for this place is that it's highly functional, and has all the quicks and hassles of a hotel in a big city of a developing nation. The building is clearly a former residence of more permanent occupants - perhaps at one time a condominium. The suite had some telltale designs that it could hold large families for a sustained amount of time. For example, there were western style washer and dryer hookups in a small service porch that led to the kitchen, with ample empty cabinetry. The formal dining room could accomodate 8. There were three bedrooms - all with functionality in mind. The service entrance was a dead giveaway that this place was for a family that travelled with "help". But just across the street was the Nile, and its main drag, or corniche. Access to any other hotel in the area was via this route, so flagging a taxi was never any problem from the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 November 2009

I loved this hotel. It was like my own apartment in the middle of Cairo. Upon check in I was given a 2 bedroom, 1 den, 2.5 bathroom flat with a spectacular view of the Nile River!!! The place was clean and well kept. I felt safe being a solo traveler- definitely a lot of security. The conceirge was very helpful with setting up my tours while I was in Cairo and giving me tips on where to go. Room service was wonderful and the food was good- which was a blessing because there were not too many places I wanted to venture out to that were near the hotel- even though I did on 2 occassions. The only reason why I gave the location a 4 is because the hotel was not located near the metro to make it easier to get around, but you could take a taxi to the Opera Metro stop for 5 pounds (that is the Egyptian price), BEWARE you will get defnitely get charged more if you look and act like a tourist. I would definitely go back if I am in Cairo again.

*Oh yea, this hotel would also benefit from getting wi-fi or a business center!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2009

Hotel and The Regent Suite:
Hotel Entrance is through some back alley way streets, which are so filthy & dirty and looks scary at night. When our Taxi pulled up, it was searched by Security and a Guard Dog, whom are there 24/7 (making you feel safe). Lobby doesn't look the greatest, especially for a 4 star Hilton Hotel , you'd expect more really! So, was disappointed; however what the Lobby lacks, the Suite makes up for. When we arrived in our Suite, everything was very clean and smelt fresh. They had:
* Balcony
* 2 Bathrooms
* 2 Toilets (1 of them hidden in some sort of boiler like room which we never used)
* Kitchen
* Living/Dining Area
* 2 Bedrooms
* Study, which had a sofa bed and they provided us with an extra bed (since they messed up or booking so we had enough beds, which was great).

I noticed that some people said that the room was out dated, but hello what do you expect, it's Cairo!! You're not going to get the latest stuff but regardless of that (which I didn't really notice other than the Kitchen but you're not going to be cooking on holiday, are you now?), the room was fantastic, very spacious and it was clean too! I absoulutly loved the Room. After coming back to the hotel, from a busy day site seeing, it was nice and relaxing to come to a room so nice! Take my word for it - The Suite is great! You won't be disappointed!

Location:
Not so good really! To get to the front entrance of the hotel is hard and through back streets, which is odd and scary too, especially at night! To get to Central Cairo from the Hotel is easy - just one LONG walk along the Nile, which is beautiful and takes about 15 mins (20mins if your slow like my mum and sis), so the Central Area isn't at your doorstep really!

Staff:
Very friendly and helpful! Main Reception Staff always went out of their way to help us with everything, from directions to a friendly smile! Even when me and my brother wanted a drink at one of their bars, which we didn't know was Business Class and for Private Members only, the Staff really went out of their way and still let us in for a drink and the Bar was AMAZING!!! Very Luxurious!

Service:
Pretty Bad! I was most disappointed in the Hotels Service, which was terrible. When we called Room Service for Cuttlery for the Kitchen, it took forever to get this to us and when they did, they only got 1 or 2 for us when we asked for 6, When we called again, they'd say they have none left or they either don't come up or end up bringing the wrong Cuttlery. You will probably be better off taking your own cups and plates! This was annoying, however when I was sent a questionnaire recently, regarding my stay, I did mention this on my Survey and today, I actually received an email from the Hotel Manager apologising for my disappointment and the Service regarding the Cuttlery. That was very nice of the Hotel, the Manager was very apologetic in his email, I was not expecting a response back but it was nice that the Hotel cared.

Other:
One thing which I didn't like about the Hotel, was that it felt deserted! It was so QUIET and we felt like the only ones here! During our week stay, we only ever saw one person at the Poolside, Restaurant was always empty, as was the Lobby; however the Hotel next door, The Conrad was jammed packed and very lively.
The Pool area was nice, Restaurant was okay but would not recommend as it is too expensive and you can get much cheaper food elsewhere,however locally there aren't any. Near the Hotel, there are just Corner Shops, no places to eat really unless you walk about 15 mins!
What else....? They came a cleaned our Suite everyday very well!

Overall, I was happy with this hotel and what we paid for it!

If Location is important to you (and if it is Cairo you are coming too then I would say it should be important) then maybe this Hotel won't be ideal - Try Ramses Hilton, perfect Location however Pretty Pricey!
But if your Room is important to you as well as good value for money then this is your hotel; you won't be disappointed with your Suite!

Well, enjoy whatever you decide! :-)

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Trippa-Holic
Reviewed 12 November 2009

At the end I was sleeping on a chouch - disaster... kbvnldkbldklbdhgbjd lg
fgkdlkgjldfkjg lkjflsgk lfgs

fglkdfjlg dkjhflgds fgd

gdlfkgjldkjg

Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We stayed here for two nights to start our trip and were very impressed with the size and location of this hotel. The amenities also proved to be very useful. Our room was massive with 2 separate bedrooms, a large living room, an office that doubled as a third bedroom, a kitchen, and 3 bathrooms. The patio was large and had an amazing view of Cairo and the Nile.

I've read some reviews and sure the interior design is a bit dated, but if you care about that then you are spending too much time in your hotel. It was clean and comfortable, which to most travelers I've met is all you need.

The location was very close to both Zamalek and Cairo Towers. 10 minutes walk to either.

The one problem I had was with the water. They did have a scheduled maintenance on the water lines, but after the allotted time we still had trouble getting hot water for a shower. After being outside in +30 celcius I wasn't complaining.

My suggestion to anyone coming here is to have the address written in both English and Arabic. We forgot the different alphabet and were showing our driver the address and wondering why we got lost multiple times. Would have been much easier if we had the address in Arabic.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShaneL79
Reviewed 21 May 2009

After reading some of the other reviews about this hotel, I am wondering if we are talking about the same place! I had booked a king room, but when I arrived I was upgraded to a 3 bedroom (all large rooms), 3 bath suite (2 full and very large). Not that I needed it, as I was traveling alone, but it was almost as big as my house, so I was extremely comfortable. Everything was spotless. Nothing was dirty and no bugs anywhere! The kitchen was fully stocked with clean dishes and the floors were clean as well. There were also fresh flowers in 2 of the rooms. The lobby is very nice and I was greeted with a welcome drink too.

I had room service several times and it is your typical hotel faire in Cairo. But no one should eat all their meals in their hotel.......go out an experience some of the local cuisine from reputables restaurants! Have someone recommend a koshary restaurant--koshary is wonderful! The restaurant is small and the selection is limited, but the restaurant is very clean and the service was good.

The TVs in the rooms are indeed small and the reception is not the best, but who wants to watch TV when you're on vacation?? The bed was extremely comfortable and I hated getting out of it in the morning. The furniture was not brand new, but it was far from dumpy. If you want everthing like it is in America, then why would you travel outside of America?

The location is a bit out of the way, but that is why there are taxis and cars for rent. Negotiate your price before you go. Also, because this hotel is a bit hard to find, always carry a card from the hotel with the address to show your driver. Plus, if they are not sure where it is, just mention the Conrad, which is next door. However, the entrance to this hotel is on the street behind.

I thought everthing was great with this hotel and no one should hesitate to stay here. It is especially nice for families and for friends traveling together. 4 single adults could stay in one suite and each have their own bed. And with 3 bathrooms, there should be little problem getting bathroom time.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank arkbbw2001
Reviewed 12 April 2009

I am a Hilton Diamond member and I can say with all honesty, this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Although quite large, it was filthy. We had to wear shoes, as we stuck to the floor. The dishes in the kitchen were dirty, and the pot warmer was broke. They wanted 5 bucks to bring us one that worked. The TV was no bigger than 19 inches and ancient with horrible reception. We ordered room service for our entire stay, and the food was horrible. It came down to us just eating their pancakes. Our room service dished sat in our room for 3 days after several requests to remove them. On the last day, they put them in the hall outside ouf our room, and that is where they stayed until checkout. The entire place needs a good scrubbing, remodel, and the location is horrible. Forget the breakfast buffet. There is nothing local to walk to for food except a little snack stand in the back ally. Although there are gaurds with machine guns protecting this place...I didn't feel comfortable. I know there is a huge difference between North America and the middle east, but I will never return to Egypt again.
The pool was nice. Oh yeah....this is the only place we ate at while in Cairo, and yes....we got the runs for several days.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple